main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I am about to be evicted because I SO haven't had time this afternoon to sort the task!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by OBIWAN-JR, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    That's good, thanks. :)
    Because the logistics do not concern me.

I wouldn't wish to either, especially after putting so much into the experience, but if Mel and Jess can't find a way to do it, then I will be going.

I have made my decision and that's final.

It's not going overboard, as far as I'm concerned. It's matter of principles. I have 'em, and I ain't about to lose 'em.

:p

I'm sure it's doable. (And a lot of people didn't think Dani would get voted out either... ;))

Please see above for inability to make that promise. :)

-JR :)

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    No, I understand that completely. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd feel the same way.

Yeah. I hear you. I think that, at worst, it's an honest mistake. I'm sure this'll work itself out and we don't have to do anything too drastic. Maybe toss up another 24 hr vote. It'll be kinda rough given that some people already voted and we have to throw those out and all that stuff. But I think it's something we can work out.

Just hoping to make you smile, my friend! ;)

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Come on, Jay, it's no biggie. Everyone will be up for eviction at one moment or anther. :)

4. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    'Tis to me, my friend. :)

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The problem here is both sides are, for their own part, correct.

My own opinion is that if Jay wants to be put up for eviction, then it should be so. I think that will result in nobody being unhappy; Jay will feel he's done right by himself and others and we lose another 24 hours which hurts nobody (we'll just have to squeeze things up a little more next week).

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Dear JR:

I am very sorry to have to tell you that you're staying put. Don't be disappointed--you will have another chance to be voted out very shortly.

Love,

--Big Sissy

7. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Thanks, Chris. :)

As far as I can see, my answer to question 12 is incorrect.
    That means that I should be up.

8. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005

I agree with Chris on this issue. I'd really hate to see the game get hurt at this point (further?) by anyone leaving the house displeased (more?).

9. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Then we have a problem.

Because as far as I'm aware, even the SEXPOTS super-powers cannot keep me here against my wishes.

;)

10. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Surely there's a way we can all work this out. A little bit o' compromise and all that stuff?

11. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Jay, you can leave if you want to. I think it would be a shame, but you have that right.

Looking at the answer you pointed out to me, you're right, it's not a match. However A) there were some answers I marked "mostly right" that also weren't matches, and B) it's too late to put you up for eviction. Also, even if we let everyone else keep questionable "corrects" and struck yours, you'd still be at least 2 points ahead of the folks who are up.

And finally . . . it's just too late. I might be able to shake two or three more votes out of YJCC if I up the thread over there and beg, but the die is already cast. Adding you now would not truly make you vulnerable to eviction anyway.

If you feel you have to do penance in some way, we can try to think of something, but honestly, this is just a game. Nobody's mad at you. If anybody wants to be mad, they can be mad at me. If I were you, I'd just roll with it. :)

--Big Sissy

12. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    I'm quite sure that I didn't say anywhere that anyone was mad at me.
    Don't get me wrong.

It's not about that.

I'm trying to respond to your PM at the mo, and get my work done before I have to leave in twenty mins, so please bear with me.

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    How about we do this? Jay will be an auto-nom for the next eviction round? This way we can move forward with the game as scheduled and we don't have anyone throwing themselves out prematurely.

Whatever the next task is, Jay gets put up for eviction. Will that work?

14. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    My problem with that, Bri, is that my being in with the other 3 would have had an effect on the votes for each of them.

Let's say Juli gets evicted, but if I had been in, some of the people that voted for Juli would have actually voted for me instead, given the choice, and so maybe instead of Juli being evicted, it is then Dave, or me, or CHRIS.

See what I mean?

15. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    The REALLY gutting thing is that I absolutely HAVE to run, as I have a date with my Godson, and I'm afraid an excuse of: "Teh intarwebs is Seriose bizness" is not gonna cut it with a 4yr old. :p

You have my thoughts, Ophelia.

I'll be back tomorrow, folks.
    Take care.

Jay Jay :)

16. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Yes, I do. But think about it this way, too:

To do what you want, we'd have to throw out all the previous votes and start over. Assuming we did that this second, the 24 hr point would be tomorrow (Sunday) this time. Many people who voted yesterday may not be here at all. Now those people who took the time to vote might not get a say in who stays and who goes. Not entirely fair to them, right? Especially given that they took the time in the first place.

If we added you into the mix and extended the vote for another 24 hrs, it wouldn't change the outcome unless, either, so that won't work. What's worse, your entry into the mix might get someone else knocked out without realizing it. It's too hard to guess at all the possibilities without actually seeing the vote tally.

I know you don't care about logistics, but the logistics are a real problem. At the end of the day, we've got 2 people leaving and we don't have any reasonable way to add you to the eviction list without further disrupting the game than it is. If you leave, the game is also disrupted.

I think if you're an autonom in the next update, then you'll be up for nomination about the same time you would be if we do the vote all over again. You can't stop the outcome of this current vote, I don't think. I think by taking this approach, you at least get to pay some form of pennance.

Compromise, my friend. It's not compromising principle, just mechanism.

Edit: Bye, Jay. Enjoy your day with your godson. Let the game play out. I'll put the question up in a poll.

17. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Don't worry about it.
    I wondered whether I should say anything at all, since it could have just been a typo on our SEXPOTS part.
    I think the dividing line is pretty clear as said before.

If I'm out, then next time you're in the neighborhood, you owe me a rootbeer float.
    That would be the only fair way to solve it.

18. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I completely respect Jay Jay's feelings on the matter, but I do want to chime in that I really don't care that he wasn't up for eviction. I think the automatically up for eviction, next round, works out fine, if Jay Jay really thinks he needs to make penance(though personally, I don't think that's necessary either).

19. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Okay.

First up, I KNEW the eviction would happen while I was away from the board last night even though I tried to stall it and get a re-vote, which is why I was SO gutted to have to leave early.

I just want to make clear, what I was asking for was a complete wiping clear of all the voting as it stood, and a fresh vote - with me in it. I did not just want to be added into the vote late.

As it stands, there is nothing that I can do about it now, and if I could go back again to the 11 questions that we had to answer in the task, I would change my answer to the question about the part of the game that I have enjoyed the least.

Because THIS is it, now.

I am a very unhappy bunny, and it doesn't sit well with me at all that either Juli or CHRIS might well still be in here, if I had been included in that eviction vote list.

However, as I have said, I can do nothing about it now. I don't want to self-evict myself, as it would be a crappy way to go out of the game, so I am going to go with Bri's suggestion of a compromise: I am putting myself up as an auto-nomination in this latest task.

This is the ONLY way that I am going to be happy with the situation at all, and would ask that it be made possible, please. If we can't go with it, then I will self-evict tomorrow.

I also want to make it clear that I am not unhappy with anyone at all about this, I am just unhappy with the way the situation has worked out. I understand that the SEXPOTS did what they thought was best for the game as a whole, and I fully respect that, even if it doesn't sit well with me, personally.

Cheers,

Jay Jay :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.