main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph I am addicted to television.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh god yeah, it's the most frustrating thing ever. still an amazing show. i've heard a lot of people say that they only really like the first two seasons, but i think the third season is hugely underrated.

2. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    I didn't really find it that frustrating as far as I remember, it's still worth watching.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm pretty sure I kept it on "keep until space is needed" or something. So. My bad.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So I'm really liking this Hulu Plus thing.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What does it have? I imagine the same things are covered by Netflix, but I want to make sure. :p

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    It says they have complete current seasons, which I need. So I guess I'll try it out for a week. Probably won't keep it though.

Except they apparently don't, as they have 0 episodes of HIMYM and only three for Community. Why would I pay for this?

7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    CBS shows are not on the site. Hulu is NBC, ABC, and Fox.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You can check before subscribing. Hit the TV thing at the top, then filter by "hulu plus" and "full episodes."

They also have Scifi--they have all of BSG in HD, for instance.

I don't know what's the deal with Community, though. They have full runs of other NBC shows (30 Rock, Office, etc) and partial runs of others that aren't on Netflix, like Modern Family. I imagine they'll add more as time goes on, considering that this just launched.

And I have a referral link that'll give you two weeks instead of the basic one week, if anybody wants it. I won't post the link (LOL advertising!) but anybody who wants it can PM me.

Also, apparently if you sign up with a chase card, you get a month on top of that.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Seems that the full series on Hulu Plus are all available on Netflix streaming. The only advantage it has over Netflix is that it has the current ongoing seasons.

Sorry, Hulu, but I don't think I'm gonna pay for this.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Speaking of Rob Lowe...

Apparently the first 2 eps of Californication Season 4 have leaked (as happened last season too).

Apparently Rob Lowe's 'Brad Pitt-esque' character is hilarious, and apparently the show is just as amazing as before. Hilarious, sexy, emotional and incredibly written. Duchovny and Handler are brilliant.

Err. Apparently. [face_whistling]

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yo!

New season of... everything!

Here goes the datacap... [face_whistling]

13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I've added plenty of shows to my viewing lineup since I last posted in this thread. Currently catching up on Archer (hilarious show) and gonna watch Downton Abbey next.

I also liked the pilot for Up All Night. I mean, it was "okay." But it seemed to have plenty of potential, as long as Maya Rudolph doesn't... Maya Rudolph it up. Will Arnett is not playing a complete ******* for once!

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I have watched Season 1 of Justified at Rogue_Ten's recommendation...very good. I rarely watch TV series that aren't actually on TV (or even ones that are on TV) so that was a big thumbs up.

Have to wait till I get some better internet before I can watch Season 2, even though it ended months ago.

I might check out Archer, seen a few ads for it.

Anyone watch Suits? I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good, though I have that reaction to a lot of shows that turn out to be terrible. :p

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  16. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Community has kind of been going downhill. It seriously gets more absurd with each episode, and I think they've crossed the line into too absurd awhile back.

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The third season just started, and I'm going to give it a try. It's unfortunate that HBO decided to do its own thing instead of contracting with Netflix.

I just finished Party Down, though, and it's awesome.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Anyone watch the 2 episode premiere of JJ Abrams' Alcatraz?

What's it like?

20. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Watching "Bones" again. Funny how some episodes I remember clearly and others (just as good) I don't.
    Started last month. Working on season 5 now.

Love NetFlix instant viewing.
    Works great, costs less than having a plan with more discs at a time.

There is no downside. OK, sometimes a contract for something runs out, but it usually gets renewed at some point, and there's tons of other stuff to watch.

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So, solid starts to season 2 of Girls and season 6 (or is it 5) of Californication. Both hilarious, rude and just a bit gross. Love them.

Watched the pilot of the new Cinemax show Banshee. If the lead wasn't a famous kiwi making his US breakthrough, I'd probably never have given it a second glance, but it is solid so far, if a bit predictable. Will carry on watching to see where the premise (ex con assumes sheriff's identity in small town) leads.

Finale of Fringe this week, though that has its own thread, so I'll say no more here.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm waiting (im)patiently for The Walking Dead and Grimm to return.

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Have you played the Walking Dead game from Telltale? I gave up on the tv show half way through the first season, but the game is incredible.

24. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    jp-30 i have played that game (the first episode at least) and i do ever so enjoy it. they did a tremendous job with the fast paced decision making mechanic and it really gets me thinking about why i make the choices i do.

but the show kind of sucks.

i'm floating around looking for a new show to sink my teeth into. been distracting myself with a couple seasons of house and a little bit of arrested development. i just acquired three seasons of something called "being human" so i may give that a go.

but man, way to let me down, the walking dead.

jp-30 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    No I haven't. I'm really not a video game kind of a person.

Edit: If it's the UK version of Being Human, Master_Jacen, you'll enjoy it. The US version, perhaps not so much, but then again I gave up on the US version not long into the first season.