main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I am back on track

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dark-lord97, May 2, 2015.

1. Dark-lord97

Dark-lord97 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    I don't know if anyone remembers me anymore, I was active for about half a year ago or more, nothing really distinguishing about me so I can understand if you do not recognize me.

Anyways, I just wanted to clarify that I am back and I am gonna try to post more often on this forum. My SW fandom was at it's highest around 2008 - 2011(when I first watched the movies, bought comic books, read novels, played video games, collected the LEGO and so on), but now my interest has started to grow again and I am more interested now than I have been in years. I started to read the Prequel Trilogy Novels recently again(they are great btw, truly recommend them. They really flesh out the characters and the storylines to make them somewhat more relatable), last time I read them was 2009 and forward when I was like 12 years old, I am not a native American so I didn't really understand everything in them. Now when I am older and pretty much fluently in English though, it's the same as reading a novel in Swedish.... not that I really do that much though, I want to start reading books but I haven't really found anything that interesting to me. I am probably gonna start buying Star Wars books, I have a lot to catch up to in the expanded universe. And I am gonna continue watching The Clone Wars, which I started to do for over a year ago, but I took kind of a long pause. I am at Season 4 and that terotiry is simply great! The episodes are more dark, mature and well written than ever. I also bought TIE Fighter on steam recently, so I am gonna play the living **** out of it! :D

I just wanted to say that I am back on track, and Expanded Universe is just waiting for it to be explored by me. The galaxy is mine! And yes, EU is not canon, but who cares? Still much better than the newer novels, or so I have heard at least.

Pensivia and Darth Ukendt like this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm in the same boat. Was obsessed with Star Wars from the time I was a young kid growing up in the 90s all the way through til about 2005/2006 after Ep 3 came out. After that my passion for Star Wars waned a bit, went off to college, started working, the usual stuff 20 somethings get into. But now, at almost 30, my enthusiasm for Star Wars has come roaring back in a big way and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. I plan on becoming a lot more involved in the Star Wars community, catching up on all the EU, and just becoming immersed in all things Star Wars again.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Good to see you back. Glad you aren't going let labels stop your enjoyment of the EU. :)

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Darth Ukendt likes this.
  5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome back, Dark-lord97! That's great that you got more out of the SW novels now that you're reading them again with your more fluent English. I wish I was that fluent in a 2nd language! Actually, I used to be pretty fluent in reading/writing French (I studied it for about 6 years when I was in high school and college), but I wasn't able to maintain my skills after leaving school.

Anyway, it's a great time to get "reactivated" around here with all the build-up to TFA in December. Enjoy!

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome back!