main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii I am coming to visit my grandmother...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AquaRose, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Heya! I am coming to visit my Gramma who lives in Eva Beach do any SW fans live over in that area, and if so wanna get together and watch an SW movie or something, cause it always gets really boring watching my parents sleep;)

2. DarthRaven

DarthRaven Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    Howzit? :) I live in McCully (not to far from Waikiki :()... When might you be on the island? I usually hang out in the prop/costume forum... so I don't think I've had a chance to meet any one in this forum...

3. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    I spelled Ewa a little wrong in my last post I am staying somewhere inbetween the 16th and the end of April and I would love to meet you, unfortunetly my Grandmother lives on the other side of the Volcano (what's its name again) then you. I use to know the names of everything in Hawaii but its been a while since I moved away and I have forgotten...

4. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    lol, well... It's said Eva anyways :) You mean Diamond Head??? I know where Ewa is, and your right, it is pretty far away lol.

5. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah I mean Diamond Head, it is amazing how quickly the names of landmarks slip through your brain;) Maybe April 23 some of us will see eachother at Midnight Madness... but that would not be a good way to meet, shoving eachother around and all...

6. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    LMAO... Yeah, I know the feeling, I've moved between here and Florida more times than I wish to count... I'm staying here this time :) and Diamond Head isn't that bad, some of these words are 100 times worse lol.

7. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, all those Hawaiian words get your tongue so tyed up in knots it takes weeks to unravel it;) Anyway do you have any nice secluded forest areas to hike in you recommend I like going on long quite hikes...

8. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Hello. I live in Honolulu and I am a SW fan as well. I usually hang out at JediNet, but came here to meet SW fans in my area. I don't hike much but I will check out the movie with you guys.

9. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    There are a few beautiful ones... a real nice one in Hawaii Kia area... Out at the end of Kuliolo Rd. Kuliolo Ridge is a kinda hard trek, about an hour and a half up, and about the same back down... Thats probably one of my favs, looks perfect when its not cloudy out, can see way out in the ocean, and when it is cloudy, feels like your standing in Heaven :) bring alot of water though. :)

10. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Hello, I'm not sure if I can ever get over to where she will be... kinda far away..... with work and all :( Hopefully I can find someone to cover. I live in the McCully area, she'll be in the Ewa Beach area...

11. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Well thanxs for the hiking places I will have to speak with my Father about going there... and painting anything interesting or doing something like that. My Uncle has a boat so I will probably just go all over the place with him on it and not dwell on land that much anyway I hope I can meet some of you but I understand the work thing I myself am taking two weeks off.

12. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    np... I hope you have fun on the hike, I know I usually do. tis a shame your going out to Ewa :) That is a ways... I'm in the middle of my 2 week 'vacation' lol, kinda fun, but not much to do :( I NEED OUT OF THE HOUSE lol... oh well, anyways, I hope you have fun :)

13. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    I plan too.
    My Gramma has the net... I can talk to you while I am there.

14. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Most awesome :) it can be a hard hike, and you need a camera...

15. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Well I am finally here. Other than dimand head exploding I do not think it can get much worse. The weather is muggy, th internet horrid, the cable TV broken, *sigh* I am sitting here in a hot house, sweating, my goggles are already full of sweat and they are just hanging about my neck!!!!! I have been up for 30 hours and I can not sleep while it is still light out! Anyway I hope the hike will be fun, maybe tommorow my Uncle will take me out on his boat...

16. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Aye M'Lady, that side of the island gets pretty hot... thats why I live on THIS side of the mountain :). Sorry to hear that your not having a good time :( I hope it gets better.

17. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Well now that I have a few hours of sleep under my wings and the sun is down things are starting to look "brighter". My dad wants to know if the trail you recommended is safe and some directions there.

18. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    lol, glad its looking better :)... the trail being safe? well, we took my two little brothers there (who are 13 and 9 y/o) and they didn't have any problems... there is a ledge that they might want to look out for towards the top. if you watch what your doing, you'll have no problems... its not slippery (if its not raining) and I thought it was a good trail :). Well, to get there? no problem... Do you all know how to get to Hawaii Kia? hmmmm... Take Kal highway, pay attention once you get past Aina Haina and Nui Valley, then pay attention, on the left side of the road, turn onto Kuliouou Rd, take it to Kalaau Pl. the easiest way is to use Yahoo Maps and lookup Kalaau Pl from where you are, it will give you driving directions :)

19. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Thank you once more for all the info, today I am just going to "hang" besides I have a stack of SW books to read:)

20. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    :) sounds like fun lol, I'm doing the same today... NOTHING1

21. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    Doing nothing is a popular Hawaiian pastime it seems ;) I took a nape to catch up on some of my sleep and woke up so disoriented that I thought I was on Yavin 4!!!! Must have been the herbs in my grammas stew.

22. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    Well yeah, doing nothing is VERY important, one must know when to relax :) and I envey you, My family NEVER cooks, they always make me do it lol, so I never smell herbs :(

23. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    LOL well my Gramma loves to cook, makes good food too. The only problem is she hates house cleaning and there is always a layer of red grime on everything, I know the taste of Hawaii dirt real well. I come from one of those homes where the mother is always cleaning and if I have one piece of paper anywhere in site my room is deemed dirty and I am restricted to the house till it is clean(this is really bad cause I draw alot and I naturally have alot of papers laying around) Yep I am once more doing nothing.

24. DarthRaven

Apr 1, 2002
    I know that one! all that red dirt! AHHH, it gets everywhere... lol. we like to keep the front door open (with the screen door shut of course) and the screens also, to catch the breeze... but it also lets the dirt come in, so we have to sweep all the time :( but I think it's worth it :)

25. AquaRose

Sep 6, 2001
    I agree when it comes to leaving the door open(sweep, roast,sweep.roast) I think I would pick sweep:) my Gramma's house has air conditoners but they are really no help... We are finally going to leave the house today, I am going to go shopping for new goggles, my pair I use now are getting really old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.