main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I Am Doomed (humor, OCs, 20 ABY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth Dreadwar, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Title: I Am Doomed
    Author: Darth_Dreadwar
    Timeframe: Post-Galactic Civil War, 20 ABY

The idea popped into my head, so I began writing. My attempt at a little humor, with just the tiniest microscopic amount of ancient Sith mystery thrown in. ;)

Chapter 1: The List of Doom

Sin Dronos sighed.

It had all began yesterday. It had began yesterday, when Sin had fallen through a window.

The fall was not life-threatening, although suffice it to say any kind of fall from a window on a second-story flat was not something he wished to experience. His father's medical droids had repaired his broken leg in no time.

But for the few hours he was lying on a bed in the city of Bruntal's main hospital, he had wondered. Wondered at the irony of falling through a window due to such a simple and silly thing as tripping over. Wondering at the irony of falling through a window when just a few minutes prior, he had written down on an old book that he never wanted to fall through a window.

Suffering from extreme boredom, the 19-year-old Corellian had began writing a list of the five worst things that he never wished to experience. Having misplaced his personal datapad, and too lazy to walk out of his bedroom, he had written his list on an old book. The book in question looked ancient enough to be a century old, with a dark red cover covered in strange symbols and runes. He had found it in the dirt when burying his pet Bibfort a month ago.

After writing down Falling out of my bedroom window, he had suddenly noticed his datapad in the far corner of his room. Atop the datapad was the leg of his desk, which had broken the screen of the 'pad. Shocked, Sin had stood up, and walked towards his broken 'pad. And that is when he stumbled and fell. Clutching his bed for support, he had managed to partially regain his footing when he had lost his balance. Wildly flailing about, he had fallen onto his desk. The desk, uneven due to the datapad crushed beneath one of its legs, suddenly jerked, sending Sin flying backwards, smashing through the window pane, and into free fall.

After his leg was mended, he had returned home. He wrote down the second item on his list: being rejected by a girl. Sin had a perfect record in that regard, and wished to preserve it. That night, he had asked Thracia Draay for a dance.

By the Force, only for a dance!

The response could still be smelled in his hair. Before all of his friends, Sin had a drink thrown in his face. Completely uncharacteristic of Draay, he thought. Apparently, Draay's day had been very bad and was already highly agitated when Sin had approached her.

But it still made no sense, Sin thought.

Sin at first attributed it to just bad luck, but when he remembered what he had written down, he began to grow suspicious. Sin, unlike many Corellians, was not the slightest bit superstitious. However, when browsing the Corellian Data Net, he had come across something interesting - a legend that spoke of an ancient Sith book that had been magically preserved for uncounted millennia and held a terrible curse.

Sin had laughed at the irony, then. He believed in no curse. It would make a good story to tell his friends, something to joke about, the day he had written down two things that he never wanted to experience yet had happened to him anyway.

He had completed his list.

Next was vomiting in front of his classmates - he had always preserved his image of being the smart and cool guy who had no ailments whatsoever - followed up by crashing and wrecking his Terrak Million 05, the speeder most 19-year-olds would never possess, courtesy of his rich father.

And then, Sin had vomited in front of his classmates. On Professor Ankox's expensive synthsilk robes, no less. Leaving the class in humiliation, he was flying his Terrak Million back to his family's apartment when it had smashed into another speeder. Miraculously, he had not been seriously injured - the work of the Terrak Driver Preservation in Case of Emergency System Version 101 no doubt - but his speeder was to

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Well if you're going go, you might as well go out in a blaze of glory...wait, toilet, nevermind. Poor kid. Good stuff DW.

3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Thank you very much for reading!

Darth Furio: "Well if you're going go, you might as well go out in a blaze of glory...wait, toilet, nevermind."

There might be hope for poor Sin yet. ;)

"Poor kid. Good stuff DW."

Thanks. :D I've got a better idea of where it's going to head now. Let the nonsense continue! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.