main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN I am going to have some Star Wars Music at our Wedding

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi76, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Well after begging and pleading with Marie she fianlly agreed to have at least 2 Star Wars songs at our wedding reception. They are the love theme from clones and the music they play durring the picnic medow scene. Thats all I have asked for for music otherwise I am open lol

2. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I think those are wonderful choices!! Very cool!

3. Super_Trooper

Super_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    when i get married i want some of the orchestral music from LOTR F.O.R

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    My brother's friend (who wrote all the music for his wedding) had the opening theme song worked into the exit music. Apparently it was a bit hit.

~H~

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    That's a good compromise, Jedi76. I bet the wedding will be lovely no matter the SW reference amount. :)

6. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Princess Leia's theme and some of the other music from ANH make nice background music for a recieveing line - I had some of it played in 1984 when I got married - I gave the Dj the tape
    REb

7. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    1. Across the Stars(AOTC love theme) is an excellent choice.
    2. Luke and Leia's theme from ROTJ is beautiful as well.
    3. Yoda's Theme is on top of my list and would be very appropriate.
    4. Yoda and the Younglings might even work.
    5. Anakin's Theme in TPM is an option too.

"Jedi Rocks" and the "Throne Room"(Emperor's Theme)would be nice touches especially for the in-laws. :D Just kidding.

8. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Actually I was just joking with Marie about the groomsmen walking out to the Empire theme needless to say like the White Tux she was not impresed. I wanted a White Tux she said if I wore one she would wear a black dress lol. I tried the idea about putting it in the wedding but I better quit while I am ahad

9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I wanted a White Tux she said if I wore one she would wear a black dress

[face_laugh]

That would be sooooo funny..

~H~

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I tried to talk my wife into playing the Love theme from Superman at our wedding.

She didn't bend. I did get away with wearing my Spiderman Cuff links with my tux though. [face_devil]

11. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    I am actually going to wear my Spiderman shirt for our groomsmen dinner it is a dress shirt and not a T shirt

12. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I just got married in January and had some Star Wars music during the wedding. Before the ceremony we had the Love theme from AOTC. We also walked out to the Star Wars theme! Best part is, it was my wife's idea. It actually wasn't nearly as geeky as you'd think. If your fiance won't agree to having your groomsmen walk out of the wedding to the Imperial March, you may want to suggest having the wedding party walk into the reception to it. We also did that and it was pretty cool. Just a suggestion.

13. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    That sounds like it was pretty cool!

PS. I wore a Superman shirt for my Rehearsal and dinner. :eek:

14. JediRaver

JediRaver Jedi Master star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    Let me know if you need an "Official Star Wars DJ" - I have all three OT soundtracks, Meco's Disco versions, the Wonderland Spacee Shuttle version, Boston Pops version, and literally dozens of Star Wars theme dance remixes.

15. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Does anyone know the name of the song durring Fellowship of The Ring right at the begining of Bilbo's Party we might use that for the dance thanks :)

16. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey, what about the Throne Room (End Title) from ANH? That seems perfect for a processional.

17. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Actually I thought of that one 2 I should bring that up to Marie :) thanks for reminding me

18. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    We considered that but in the end thought the Star Wars theme was cooler. We wanted everyone to recognize it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.