main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph I AM GUNN: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Holiday Special & I Am Groot

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Sep 10, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    And in the end, that's all that matter$.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I watched the first one again a few days ago , have to say it didn't hold up well for me , it kinda just feels like a bunch of stuff that is aimed at making some good gags for a trailer , the story aint much and I didn't really like the characters much either

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    In our house the TV is usually on Cartoon Network. The GOTG ads are mostly focussed on baby Groot. Of course Punk Jr has been completely sold on the basis that it's a film about a tiny cute tree, and we'll be going to see it sometime this weekend, but still, it's slightly dishonest marketing. Hopefully he'll do what he usually does, and fall asleep halfway through, so he won't be too disappoint.

He's 28 years old.

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

a much better thorough review,

@Darth Punk
    Is your kid a Baby or Toddler which is basically a baby? If so I hate when people bring babies to movies, If you cant find a baby sitter don't go to the movies that simple. Movie Theaters are no place for babies. I don't want to hear whining babies or Toddlers talking through out or crying that it is scary and they want to leave. Also people with Cell Phones in theaters tick me off, even if your just Texting Its annoying. When I go to a movie my phone stays in the car, Movies are my escape from everyday life, My phone can wait for me in the car I am not missing much:mad:

on another note IMHO Guardians Of The Galaxy Is becoming quite the cult classic and right up there with Star Wars and for me the Music and Characters and jokes make it very enjoyable! I do think there Is a very good story in there to and based on the rotten tomatoes reviews I am sure I will love volume 2 as well!!

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok well thanks for that episode of

[​IMG]

SuperWatto and Darth Punk like this.
  6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    We need a wall!!!!!!!!!

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You leave your kids with a babysitter to see the 10Am showing of GotG2 at 10:05am you're child falls and hits his head and needs the er and the babysitter has to take her and tries calling you but your phone is In the car and you don't get the message for two and half hours because you stayed to watch the end credits.

You're a terrible parent. And Punks toddler is 28. Do you even read?

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Got my tickets today :D

Jedi Knight Fett and B99 like this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Those are all fair points. And may I add, while your 13 yo babysitter is having to steal a car to take your kid with a brain injury to the er, you're sitting there happy as Larry, throwing popcorn down your self-entitled gullet, and sipping on a big Coke, just waiting for that big Coke to splash into the back of your throat so you can swallow that delicious load. Every. Last. Drop. Meanwhile, the babysitter is in panick mode, and your flip phone is vibrating away in your glove compartment. But hey, you have that big Coke gushing down your throat so who cares?

Darth Punk and I'm spent.

10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Guardians of the Randisi spawn vol 1

NOT FOR BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ender Sai and Diggy like this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I guess I hit a sensitive chord with you?
    just a warning there might be bad language in the video, for sensitive ears but I totally agree with this kid,

B99 likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Leoluca, can you make it a new personal rule that you don't post when you post is likely to be mindbending nonsense?

One acknowledges the net effect is this is a 96% drop in your post count, but, quite frankly, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I'll assume that if you respond with the verbal dexterity of someone chewing on a remote control that your answer to my very reasonable question is no, but you're going to go and add lots of exclamation marks to your off-point response.

I enjoyed the film. The critical consensus piece I think is bang on - it was very safe, but that allowed them to deliver flashy popcorn entertainment with characters free to be themselves a bit more. I prefer GOTG1, but that doesn't mean 2 is bad by any stretch. It's just no Winter Soldier.

13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I'd liken his posts to cattle diarrhoea, but with less obvious value.

SuperWatto and Ender Sai like this.
  14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Anyone got Ep 1 of the Telltale game yet?

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ender, can you make it new personal rule that your posts don't include disparaging other users.

One acknowledges the net effect is this is a 96% drop in your post count, but, quite frankly, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

. . .

I'm hoping to lock down a date daughter can go to see this and get tickets before the week it out.

16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    But we can't say anything about your spelling, noooooooo

Darth Punk likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    ,Like the Dude said,
    [​IMG]
    am I seriously the only person on here bothered by parents that bring a baby to a movie? I cant be the only one? everyone in my family hates it when irresponsible parents do that. but hey I am from Washington DC were all sophisticated types there:p

Sarge likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Just once, I'd love it if someone told people to stop annoying me for a change! :p

aka yes ma'am

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Everyone, stop annoying Ender for a change.

(Take that anyway you want to.)

Ender Sai likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    WARNING to all: Stop the personal insults before things continue any further.

I am Groot.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Baby Groot is a mere sapling but soon will grow into a seven foot tall money tree with two or three hundred million dollars in cash hanging from his branches.

Ender Sai likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I dunno about you but I'd take saplings off that tree any day.

Sarge and jabberwalkie like this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Was this intended as a ham fisted way of speaking over Healer_Leona, or did it just awkwardly end up there?

24. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    You stole this joke format from Stewart Lee

And I like it

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Still can't lock a day down with the daughter and she'll wind up being upset when I see it asap.

Everyone, stop annoying Ender Sai

Ender Sai likes this.