main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph I AM GUNN: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Holiday Special & I Am Groot

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Sep 10, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Cool to see it get VFX but I'm slightly disappointed it didn't get Makeup (aside, why the hell didn't it get makeup?) Also mostly so it would make up for the travesty of Vol. 1 losing makeup VFX Oscar to Grand Budapest Hotel.

Also the makeup this year is pretty weak, the only one I like is darkest hour (and that's only when Oldman had the glasses on did I think he looked like Curchill, glasses off it's gary oldman in a makeup job). But Victoria and Abdul and freakin' Wonder over GotG V2? I mean, come on!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, I found it pretty weird that it didn’t get nominated for makeup. It’s my choice to win best visual effects.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm, so I was just thinking...GOTG2's plot with Peter's conflict with his dad just sorta seems to come out of left field...maybe it's something that would have fit better after Infinity War? Maybe they should have saved it for GOTG3 instead, and GOTG2 would have the Guardians fighting Thanos instead. I feel like Thanos also came out of nowhere in Infinity War and didn't get as much build-up as he should have gotten, so having him as the main villain of GOTG2 could've fixed that as well.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    One of the main uses of having Peter’s dad (Ego) as the main villain, was to build the theme of family and bring everyone closer together. By the end of Vol 1, they’re just a bunch of outlaws. But by the end of Vol 2, they’re a family. It’s a really touching story, especially at the end with Peter and Yondu.

Having Thanos as the main villain in Vol 2 wouldn’t have brought them as close together as Ego. Maybe Gamora and Nebula, but that’s about it.

Also having them be this close by the end of Vol 2 made Infinity War that much more tragic, as we had to see their family get torn apart.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Darth McClain, Ghost, Sarge and 12 others like this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Someone brings up a good point online: this may have been a verbal deal when they "fired" him in the first place to calm the MAGA chuds down, not rile up conservatives, the Fox acquisition goes through (without interference from the FTC, etc.) -- and voila, look who's back!

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good for Marvel. Glad DC got him for one project, too. If both turn out good, would be nice if we could share a link.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Calm...MAGA chuds...lol.

Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is awesome! And I'm really glad he's still doing Suicide Squad since I'm dying to see his take on the material. It's a win win!

12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    It's an interesting idea and I think the part about not wanting to give the current administration any extra reasons for trying to stop the acquisition could very well have something to it. But if Gunn and Disney had such an understanding from the outset it doesn't make sense for him to tie himself up with another big movie he'll have to complete before he could work on GotG3. They're probably looking at early 2023 before they can get it out and that would move it out of it's usual summer slot. That's going to make for the longest gap between standalones they've had.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm so happy that Gunn was unfired and will resume as director for Vol.3. Which means, Dave Bautista can stop throwing huge turds at Disney.

[​IMG]

Which also means, Gunn will use the script he wrote for Vol.3 and we should be getting Adam Warlock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which brings up the timeline question, as to whether or not Vol.3 is pre Infinity War or post End Game. It would be really weird if it was set in between Infinity War and End Game, unless Vol.3 subverts fans expectations and goes with the Stallone lead version of Guardians of the Galaxy.

[​IMG]

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't seen GOT2 in awhile (I'm surprised it hasn't been on Cable), but is there any chance Yondu comes back as a Force Ghost?

Master_Rebado and Sarge like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So with Gunn involved both Marvel and DC, could Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock have a baby and call it...

[​IMG]

Crossover?? :p:p:p

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    And it's wonderfully ironic that the only thing those alt-right ******* accomplished now was to give Gunn more work! [face_laugh]

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime

Kevin Feige said in an interview that Adam Warlock is such an important character that he would need to get his own movie so don't expect him in GOTG 3. But he will be apart of Phase 3.

As for Gunn back to GOTG 3:

[​IMG]

20. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I'm still not convinced Adam Warlock shows up in Vol 3 other than maybe in one of it's post credit scenes. Gunn had been throwing small doses of cold water on it via social media before he was fired, though I suppose that could have been a misdirect.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    And my interest in these movies has finally been restored! What is this going to mean for Suicide Squad though? Is he going to abandon it? Work on both at the same time? It's why I don't buy the theory that the firing was verbal only with the mutual intent to work on GotG3 in future. Gunn wasted no time in shopping about for new work to occupy himself with.

I think what's far more likely is that Captain Marvel has proven just how little the alt-right's threats of boycotts actually matter, and maintaining the strength of the GotG sub-brand is far more important to success than caving in to faux-outrage. Something that I would have liked to have thought they would have known already.

Wrong franchise.

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    OHHHHH **** YEAH!!

Master_Rebado and Alpha-Red like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It was a joke of course.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  25. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I never looked for any sign of it after WB brought him onboard for SS, but did that motley crew that invested so much of themselves into getting him caned from Disney ever threaten WB with anything for hiring him? I never heard so if they did.