Amph "I Am Iron Man" - Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Extremis is one of the more recent (though not THE most recent, which is the Bleeding Edge armor) version of the suit in the comics, and is essentially made up of nanobots stored in Tony's bones, so the suit literally emerges out of his pores around him. So it takes the "the suit and Tony are one" concept to it's max.
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  2. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    IIRC Extremis was a nanotechnology that Tony preempted to fight some villain who was using it. By having Extremis, these nanomachines are constantly a part of Tony's body, allowing him to put on his suit at any time, whenever he wants.

Oh and the trailer looks amazing. I can only hope it's the best one yet.

EDIT: I seem to have forgotten the question was already answered. Oh well.
    Last edited by darthcaedus1138, Oct 23, 2012
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Trailer makes me happy.
  4. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I got more of this feel from it:

[IMG]
  5. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I like the dwarf with a barcode on his skull. Convient for the self-checkout aisle at the Moria Safeway.

But that Iron Man 3 trailer is outstanding. My favorite ex diacetylmorphine addict is well on his way to becoming the best-paid actor in Hollywood.
    DarthBoba and Darth_Deception like this.
  6. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone else getting the feeling that Iron Man 3 is going to be "what if Dark Knight Rises wasn't AS dark?"

Yeah I KNOW it's not the same...but it seems as if the trailer was cut to highlight a few similarities (broken faceplate/broken bat mask, and I can totally imagine Tom Hardy delivering the "Some people call me a terrorist..." line)

Needless to say, I won't be expecting a fun AC/DC compilation album, arguments over parrots or dancing secondary villains for this go round.
    Last edited by Aytee-Aytee, Oct 23, 2012
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Apple Trailers link, for those interested.

Interesting mention of Tony having nightmares- I wonder if that's meant to evoke The Five Nightmares plot/concept that launched Invincible Iron Man?

Trailer observations:

-Mandarin seems to have a Captain America tattoo on his neck.

-Looks like Happy Hogan might be going buh-bye in more ways than one.
  8. Team Padme Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  9. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Embed from that link:
    [IMG]

That link does note that the A could be an Anarchy A, as opposed to an Avengers A.

[IMG]

Not so Happy Hogan.

[IMG]

Eight outta Ten Rings.

Apple also had this pic up in it's gallery which I hadn't seen before:

[IMG]

[face_laugh]

(although, given how heavy the armor is implied to be over the films, it makes one wonder... just what the hell is that couch made of? [face_laugh])
    Last edited by The2ndQuest, Oct 23, 2012
    eht13 likes this.
  10. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    Guy Pierce is Norman Osbourne? Actually, it doesn't matter. Guy Pierce is always a plus.
    Last edited by Darth_Deception, Oct 26, 2012
  11. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    No, he's Aldrich Killian, co-creator of the Extremis virus in the comics.
  12. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]

Um...WTF is that in the background?!
  13. Juliet316 Streak for Colours Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
  14. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I so want them to Special Edition that thing into the house in the other movies.

Clarification of the earlier Extremis explanation - "Extremis" itself is actually just a virus that rewrites the way a human body operates; it can be programmed to give a person all sorts of abilities. Tony's version rewired him to utilize the nano-suit in the fashion already described, but the biological process Tony went through (including being encased in a giant scab for 24 hours) is the actual Extremis procedure. Something tells me the movie isn't gonna put RDJ in a giant scab for a day, so I do fully expect "Extremis" to soon become synonymous with "nano armor".
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeesh. GF or not, if that's a gift for Pepper I'd gently suggest her to store it...somewhere...where it won't clash with the decor of that sweet, sweet pad. But then, it matters little considering what happens a few moments later.
  16. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    [IMG]

New background wallpaper
  17. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    What Coop said. I just watched the Extremis motion comic on Netflix.
  18. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
  19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Mine, too! Thanks!
  20. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    The whole problem with the hand-wringing over the character is the implication that it's impossible to have a Chinese villain without it being somehow racist. Is your villain Chinese? YELLOW PERIL. It's not the ethnicity that matters, it's the execution of the character. Is he a stereotype, or does he have depth as a fully realized character? And if he does, who cares where he's from?

And in this version, he appears to be an Indian guy who's thrown on some Chinese-style robes and taken on a Chinese-inspired code name, for reasons we don't yet entirely know (Feige suggests he enjoys perverting symbolism), but which can hardly involve his being some sort of caricatured Fu Manchu Chinaman. I think the fainting couches can be safely stowed for the moment.
  21. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Arawn_Fenn, Oct 26, 2012
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, that trailer kinda gives off a strong TDKR vibe, but is still all kinds of awesome.
    eht13 likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Iron Man's armor was always getting seriously karked up in the comics back in the day, so it's nice to see that represented in the films.
    Last edited by Arawn_Fenn, Oct 27, 2012
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
  25. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 5
    Looks like a Mark Rothko painting. :p