main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I Am Iron Man" - Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Some nifty fan artwork I found online:

[image=http://www.bigfanboy.com/images/forumimages/ironman/RD-IRONMAN.jpg]

2. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/IJG/robertdowney.jpg] Coincidence? I think not!

3. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Jeff Bridges is Obidiah Stane aka Iron Monger
    [image=http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3492/ironmongermh9.jpg]

IESB's Robert Sanchez found out some very interesting news during his quick talk with Mr. Bridges. While chatting, Sanchez asked, "What character do you play?"

Bridges reply, "Obidiah Stane."

This gives incredible insight into what storyline the film will follow! Obidiah Stane is the financier who, unknowingly to Stark, attacks James Rhodes and takes over Stark International. Stane's henchmen are known as the Chessmen due to his fascination with the game of chess since childhood. He renames it to Stane International. Tony relapses into alcoholism and walks away from his Iron Man role.

Subsequently, Rhodes dons the costume and continues the Iron Man legend.

Stane uses the notes and information for the Iron Man armor left behind by Stark to contruct his own brand of armor and goes by the name Iron Monger, but it's weakness? It's powered by an outside computer system.

Soon, Stark recovers and is back in action in his newly created armor the Silver Centurion model. He comes back to fight for his company and his pride against Obidiah Stane, who calls himself Iron Monger while in his suit of armor.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Jon Favreau on Iron Man Shooting

Iron Man director Jon Favreau has posted an update on the Iron Man filming on his official MySpace page:

We are done with the first week of photography. I am happy to report that the ten months of preparation allowed the extremely challenging first week of photography to come off without a hitch. The look is fantastic and the performances are great as well. Downey was definitely the right choice.

I'm looking forward to getting out of the "cave." The first few weeks of shooting are spent, somewhat in sequence, establishing Stark's captivity. It sets the table tonally for the rest of the film. The close quarters and tight schedule make it the toughest part of the shoot on the cast and crew.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Iron Man Armor Update

"S. Rogers" sent in a description of the original armor to be shown in the upcoming Iron Man movie:

As far as those rumors of the suit being all CG, well I have seen the first 'grey suit' made for his escape and it's very awesome. It has all sorts of functioning parts on it. The one used for the most part is made with actual metal parts, there are several of each suit for different shots and the like. It looks much like the comic version but with a more realist home made look( he makes it out of spare parts that include Stark weapons). It does have the lit up power disc in the chest but no repulsor beams in the hands. He does however have weapons built into his gauntlets. If you read the recent comic re-telling of his origin you might have an idea what they are. Oh and they really work.

Here is artwork of the Grey Armor they're talking about:

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/Iron%20Man/greyiron1.jpg]

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/Iron%20Man/greyiron.jpg]

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  8. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Nice. Man, I can't wait to see this movie.

9. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    Aha nice!

How many versions does he go through?

Here's some video of Iron Man's car, as seen at Bob's Big Boy with car legend George Barris. :cool:

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    as of right now, Favreau has said that there'll be 2 armor suits in this film. the one that i just posted and the traditional red and gold one. who knows though? there might be more! :D

11. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    And remember that with each variation of the costume he makes further modifications and multiple models. He could have just the Mark 1 and then the Red and Gold...but how many models of each. really though beyond Mark1 for the origin and the staple Red and gold, do we really need more then that? Gotta leave something for the sequals.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. i'm sure we'll be seeing more and more in the sequals. i think the War Machine armor is a given since we have Jimmy Rhodes in the film

13. Lord_BlackAdder

Lord_BlackAdder Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 14, 2003

I would absolutely LOVE to see a gigantic crossover movie with the X-men, Spidey, the Fantastic Four and the Hulk.
    (played by the same actors as in the current films).

Since the Silver Surfer has been introduced now, a Galactus movie would make my fanboy dream come true...

14. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    That's the Vietnam armor, right? It looks pretty kick ass.

15. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    As I have stated many times whenever this topic is brought up, due to the nature of the liscencing agreements (different Production Companies and Studios have the rights to different characters) There is little chance of there being much of a crossover. The only companies that could really do crossovers would be Fox (X-men, Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four) Or Sony (Spider-man, Ghostrider) and their properties don't tend to have much in common honestly.

16. Lord_BlackAdder

Sep 14, 2003

^

I'll take your word for it :)

Would still be cool though!

17. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    I think in a few years once this comic book movie thing peters out and there's not much left to do any more, you'll start to see 'super movies' or movies in which multiple comic book characters appear in the same flick.

I think it's an inevitablity. Besides which, it would be a huge movie-going event, considering if the original actors all play their parts(Tobey!).

18. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Given the disapointment that franchise crossovers have been to date, I can't see too many people actually being enthusiastic about the idea beyond concept, honestly.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  20. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    Nice, and cool car! Filming at the Disney hall in downtown L.A. obviously. And was that Downey's stand-in there? At first I thought it might be Jimmy Smits but it could be Robert's stand-in.

Judging from what I've seen so far, seems like this movie has a certain mature class & style for a comic book movie. :)

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    [image=http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/DowneyStark.jpg]

Pretty damn sweet! :cool:

22. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
  23. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Downey was the perfect actor to portray Stark. :)

24. Lord_BlackAdder

Sep 14, 2003

Bad ass indeed!
    All that's missing is a beer to keep him company...

25. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    While he certainly has the experience to relate to Tony Stark (rich men battling alcoholism/addiction and their various Demons) I am reserving judgement until I see the movie.