main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I Am Iron Man" - Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    A million bad guys isn't the problem....if it's done right. See: The Dark Knight.

The problem is that Spider-Man 3 tried to give all three villains the exact same weight in the story.

TDK avoided that mistake by keeping the focus on the Joker as the Big Bad, and all the other villains were simply reacting to the tense **** going down in Gotham due to the actions of both Batman and the Joker.

It seems as if IM3 is taking the same route.
    From what I've read, the predominant Big Bads are a trifecta in this one....The Mandarin, Aldrich Killian, and Eric Savin.
    However....if we are to believe Guy Pearce, while Killian's role will be important, he isn't going to have a lot of screen time. Pearce himself called it "cameo stuff" and drew a parallel to his role in Prometheus. James Badge Dale has stated that his costume for the movie is "very low-pro" and "loosely based on Coldblood", suggesting that he will more or less be his human self and not the Coldblood cyborg.

As for Jack "Firepower" Taggert....Ashley Hamilton is in the movie. That's all I know at this point and Google searching hasn't turned up anything more recent than last Spring when Hamilton was formally announced.

2. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Yeah. SMASH. :p

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    We have *a* Hulk. To make SMASH, we would need *several*.

(and make Marvel actually decide what the heck SMASH stands for beyond the amusing "whatever they want it to" quip)

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    HAMMER, STRIKE, RAID... Oh, and my favorite, from the latest Taskmaster series: MILF (Minions' International Liberation Front).

5. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, that's been around for a couple of days. Last I checked, BC weren't sure about their authenticity.

Oh, and there's a new trailer coming very soon. I can't wait. :)

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's a Taskmaster series out? Ooh, will have to make a point of picking that up...

HAMMER would have a very specific context if they stick to it's current origin. Even if they swap Norman out for someone else, they'd need something pretty heavy to go down to swap out Fury and Stark. I don't see a reason for them to rush into HAMMER before they do Secret Invasion- and I think it's safe to say Secret Invasion is awhile down the road as far as possibilities go (there's no way they'd do before Civil War, for example- which you KNOW is an inevitability).

EDIT- As for the concept art, if it is real- perhaps we'll just be seeing the designs being processed? Or the suit amongst the various Tony has produced since Avengers (especially with the comic prelude specifying he's trying to anticipate multiple threats/environments).

I don't like the hunched over design, though- the normal Hulkbuster is supremely badass, why not use it (assuming the hunchback is not HB Mark I and the usual HB is HB Mark III or some such)?

8. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Agreed. I always preferred the "Juggernaut-style" HB armor from the video game.
    "Do you know who the **** I am? I'm the IRON MAN, *****!"

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Over the past few weeks we've had some teaser posters, character posters revealed online, now culminating in a badass international poster (the last one below):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    So the Iron Legion is pretty much confirmed then?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the comic confirmed it but that poster shows they're not going to be hiding it in the main ads. I suspect the next trailer will show at least a glimpse of them.

12. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    SPACE ARMOR!!!! ::D:D:D:D:D

EDIT -- And IM2 War Machine...?
    [​IMG]

EDIT II -- I am going to have an explosive fangasm if they manage to include a stylized version of the 1960s classic armor
    [​IMG]
    (skins from the Playstation game)

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    New trailer is online!

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I just saw that! Totally stoked!

15. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    New trailer = awesomesauce

16. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    At the risk of sounding like a jittery, acne-ridden, butthurt, drooling, lisping uber-geek....

Wicked ******* awesome!

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yes please. :D :cool:

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I forgot Guy Pearce is in this. So glad he's making a career comeback. He almost went missing after The Time Machine which was 11 years ago.

19. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    He kinged for a brief moment then got real old real fast.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And boom goes the dynamite.

Looks like this also confirms the hunchback Hulkbuster as well. Hopefully by time Tony actually needs to use it for real, we get a Mark III Hulkbuster that looks like the most famous design.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He was really good in L.A. Confidential. He also played a really good villain in Lawless.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not like he's been away from movies. He was on Prometheus last year. Before that he was in The Kings Speech, The Hurt Locker, Count of Monte Crisco, Time Machine, etc.

And, even though the movie kinda sucked, the opening minutes of Lockout (also last year) with his Snake Plisken-like character being interrogated was just awesomely hilarious.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Lockout was awesomely terrible and would have greatly benefited from an R rating. I didn't know he was in The King's Speech. Which character did he play?

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Edward VIII.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Remember Sammy Jankis...

Arawn_Fenn and darthcaedus1138 like this.