main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I Am Iron Man" - Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    First teaser poster at the Cinema Expo International in Amsterdam;
    [image=http://i16.tinypic.com/6cfxu7t.jpg]

De mooiste billboards van Paramount Pictures op een rijtje!

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Looks very cartoony.

3. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    3PO looks pissed![face_worried]

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005

nice :cool:

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    From the latest issue of EW:

[image=http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070719/iron_l.jpg]

:cool:

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Avi Arad Confirms Hillary Swank and Samuel L Jackson Cameos

Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner are just a few actresses who?ve fallen short in superhero movies over the last few years. But now, could a million-dollar baby be in training to take on another underdog battle?

Marvel Studios mega-producer Avi Arad confirmed to us for the first time over the weekend that 2-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank filmed some top-secret moments for ?Iron Man,? the highly-anticipated superhero flick due in theaters next May. The news raises eyebrows not only because it isn?t the type of film Swank normally appears in, but also because it could be assumed that her role would lay the groundwork for a future, bigger Marvel appearance. The rumor mill first began circulating Swank?s name after director Jon Favreau capitalized the ?s? in ?Swank? in a MySpace blog post.

?How do you know [about that]?,? a stunned Arad replied when asked about Swank. After a few beats, he admitted: ?It?s a cameo.?

Following along the lines of secret ?Iron Man? actors, the man behind the ?Spider-Man? and ?X-Men? films dodged a question about Samuel L. Jackson?s foreshadowing scenes as Nick Fury, saying ?I can?t talk about that.?

Clearly a bit frustrated, Arad then amended himself. ?The Sam thing was supposed to be the biggest secret of them all,? he shrugged. ?It?s amazing how it got out.?

Nevertheless, the existence of Jackson?s hard-boiled superspy reveals a newfound willingness by Marvel to begin mimicking the way its comics mix different characters into each other?s storylines on a regular basis.

?It?s because now we have control over the properties,? Arad explained, citing the new era of Marvel funding such upcoming flicks as ?Iron Man,? ?Nick Fury? and ?Captain America,? after a decade of holding hands with studios like Sony for Spider-Man or Fox for The Fantastic Four. ?Now you can mix and match. It used to be different studios having different characters.?

?You try and get three major studios to sit together and cross [promote],? he laughed. It?s too tough.?

On the Spider-Man front, Arad (who is shifting gears considerably with August 3rd?s ?Bratz: The Movie?) gave us this update: ?We?re starting on our journey for number 4. We?re just at the beginning of the process, feeling it, and feeling where we want to go.?

Based on Arad?s comments, however, fans might find it hard to not feel a bit speculative as to why a double-Oscar winning A-list actress would make a cameo in a superhero movie. Since ?Iron Man? is laying the groundwork for the ?Nick Fury? movie that Marvel hopes to begin filming relatively soon, one theory is that Swank will be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent alongside Sam the man.

But just as probable, it seems, is speculation that Swank might be setting herself up for a starring superhero flick down the line. And if there?s one thing we?ve learned from her last award-winning performance, it?s that she certainly has the physique to pull it off.

7. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    [image=http://i12.tinypic.com/67gbtwm.jpg]

8. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Higher res image of above pic:
    [image=http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/1282new_storyimage5218509_full.jpg]

9. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    a drug addict playing a drunk super hero.

Kool!

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Description of some preliminary footage from Comic-Con from Screen Rant.com:

Footage has just been presented at the convention. A brief snippet of Downey as Stark opinion on the use of weapons, followed by the Clunker Armor in action, and culminating in a heart stopping arial dog fighting scene.

Fav's made a brief appearance on stage and spoke of what additional footage will be shown on Saturday!!

More to come as we get it!!

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Better Description from SHH

After a bunch of movies were hyped-up at the Paramount panel at Comic-Con International (we'll have more on them soon), they announced that as a special treat, they'd be showing "test animation" from Jon Favreau's Iron Man instead of making everyone wait until Saturday. It was obviously a gag as they started to show cheesy animation from the '60s cartoon and after a bit of that (and a lot of laughter from the packed auditorium), director Jon Favreau came out with his video camera in hand, shooting the audience and saying that he wanted to make sure to put it onto YouTube before anyone else could. Yup, we'd been Punk'd but we were given a special treat for the trouble.

Without much urging, he agreed to show some footage, actually a rough trailer, for the movie, rather than making everyone wait until Saturday to see Iron Man in action. It went by fairly quickly but this is what we remember:

The footage starts with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark addressing soldiers with a speech which is paraphrased here: "Is it better to be feared than respected? I say, 'Is it too much to ask for both?' With that in mind, I humbly present the crown jewel of Stark Industries' Freedom Line. It's the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology." He then says something about the best weapon being one you don't have to fire, but he disagrees and says that the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once. "That's how America does it." It's a great scene that shows the humor that Downey Jr. will be bringing to the role as do the next two scenes.

Then we see Tony Stark coming out of an event in a tuxedo and he's stopped by a Vanity Fair reporter to ask him questions about being a "merchant of death" and he makes a snappy comeback. (We also see Favreau as his bodyguard in the scene.)

The next scene shows a bunch of military vehicles driving through the desert to the tune of an AC/DC tune with Robert Downey Jr. sitting in the back with a soldier who wants to take a picture with him. He jokes "I don't want to see this on your MySpace" page and then the soldier makes a V sign and he says "No gang signs, please." The soldier puts the V down and he goes "I'm just kidding."

There's then an explosion as they're under attack and he runs for cover and then in the next shot, he wakes up in a cavern and opens his shirt to see a round metal device where his heart is. "What did you do to me?" he asks and a man in the cave says, "I did it to save your life," and explains how he has put an electro-magnet hooked up to a car battery to save him.

He then starts building the suit and the next few scenes show him taking on a few Iraqi-types and we get to see the first Iron Man suit in action to the tune of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man." Lots of men are shooting at him but the bullets are bouncing off him and at one point, he swings his fist and his metal arm gets lodged into the cave walls and then one of the guys attacking him walks up and tries to shoot him in the Iron Man helmet but the bullet bounces back and hits him in the head.

The next few scenes are fairly fast-paced showing lots of explosions
    and a brief glimpse of Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Terrence Howard as Rhodey and a few quick scenes showing the evolution of the Iron Man armor until it gets to the most current one. (That got a huge cheer.)

We then see Iron Man in that armor flying with two jets following him behind him and he goes flying off. We see a sheet of metal and a hammer hits a chisel that imprints the Iron Man logo and then there's another shot of the Iron Man armor flying.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    I hope this footage is online soon! [face_praying]

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005

:D:cool:

Edit: Link removed

14. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    That was freakin amazing. :D

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i can't wait to see the first teaser trailer and this in Quicktime format! :D

16. Azure_Wrath

Azure_Wrath Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2005
    thank you Favreau

17. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Wow. That's really cool.

18. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    Alas it's been removed.:(

19. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I have also seen it elsewhere. I know YouTube also had a link but since the building I am in blocks YouTube I can't link to it. Just try searching for it.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    *Tsk tsk no linking to bootleg materials*

21. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    OUch that was nice! Definitely makes me want to see more.

Thanks JMC! :)

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I went to both the panels at Comic Con that the footage was shown, and it looks freaking amazing. The Marvel booth also had the first suit, and I got pictures of it. Will put those up once I'm done sorting and uploading.

This is going to be awesome. :)

23. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I found the preview on youtube before it was taken off, and it looked okay. They went for a ton of jokey scenes in the preview. Iron Man looked okay. He looked like a Ninja Turtle.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And here you go, folks:

[image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01054.jpg]
    [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01053.jpg]
    [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01055.jpg]
    [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01056.jpg]
    [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01057.jpg]
    [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01058.jpg]
    [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Comic%20Con%2007/DSC01059.jpg]

25. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    I hope that's the Hulk-buster version of the Armour [face_worried]
    Oh not wait that must be the the unrefined version,hmmmm [face_thinking]