main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO I am looking for my stolen laptop in Colo. Spgs.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth-Horax, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Hello,
    I am in Colorado Springs, and yesterday some idiots stole my company's laptop out of my GMC Jimmy. Little note...the laptop belongs to El Paso County, and the government does not take theft of their assets lying down.

If anybody knows anything about a Gateway Solo 5300XL, serial number 0022674003, let me know via PM. If you know the person/people responsible, let them know that since it is gov't property, it is not known as petty theft, but grand larceny. Also, they left about 8 fingerprints on the car and tool they left behind in my back seat.

Thanks.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Because SW geeks are known to need to steal computers? ?[face_plain]

This seems like an odd place to post such a notice... Venting about a bad day maybe, but to inform everyone on this board that you want your laptop back, makes it appear as though you are accusing the members of this group of stealing it... Not the best way to start a conversation ?[face_plain] [face_plain]

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes, this post does seem to be somewhat accusatory in nature...can't say I like that much at all. Chances are very slim that one of the people who post on this board is the one who stole your laptop. There are over 200k people in the springs and less that 10 or 15 members of this group (several of which are from Pueblo). Next time be more polite. Or better yet, don't make the same post again, it really doesn't have a place here. If you were just venting about losing it, that's cool, members are allowed to post personal experiences such as that, but please don't come on here telling everyone that you'd better find your laptop or else.

Thank you and have a nice day ;)

Dragon*

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    somewhat accusatory? i thought the line Please be smart and return it NOW! was pretty much accusing.

plus of the 10-15 who are part of this group, we really only have like 3-4 who post much of at all. so your looking at pretty dismal odds (about .00002 ) chance of finding the person who did it.

but i do hope you recover it. good luck on that.

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ack! I just told him to check out the message boards here... However I'm sure he wasn't accusing anyone. What is one of us haunted pawn shops regularly? And we found it? I'm sure he's just getting the word out.

6. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Yeah, that was basically my intentions. Sorry to offend.

I was just trying to network to see if anybody had known anybody who suddenly turned up with a $3000 computer with an El Paso County asset tag on it.

I mean, hey, you never know what you're going to find until you look.

7. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    True, but instructing this group to return it now, whether you meant to or not, is NOT going to get you any help here. Just some advice for future posts. This one came across very badly and still awaits editing to be more civil.

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oh, hey! speaking of editing, can we get the infinite edit time on the springs board?

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I thought it was...lemme tinker.

If the boards disappear I'll try to get them back :)

EDIT

It is already set up that way

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    you know what, I think I just wasn't paying attention...I think I asked you to do it already and you did it...sorry, my brain is fried from the desert! lol

11. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    How's that for an edit?

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    much better. thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.