main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I AM MOVING TO LOS ANGELES

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, May 29, 2011.

1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    South Central, to be precise.

Tunick, can we be friends? Like...actual friends? I like cigars. And beards (even neck beards).

Also, it took me four times to correctly spell precise. Good thing I have a college degree.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Are you joining a gang?

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Wanna kick it on the corner of Florence and Normandie? I assure you, it's perfectly safe.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I was gonna laugh at you for thinking some suburb is "Los Angeles." But you really, actually meant L.A. proper. Kudos. I guess.

6. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Yep. Blood in blood out. I aint frontin.

Darth Guy, you're in the OC right? We can be friends too, right?

I am nice an fun I promise.

ASG, I might actually be staying on Normandie. We are looking for apartments in that area.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Prenn, I have lived in LA proper but not South Central. Not too far but definitely safer up on the Miracle Mile. Where exactly are you moving to? What for?

Also, hoorah! Maybe we can actually meet up now sometime.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm moving for a job. I get $3000 a month to tell kids in the hood about Jesus, and help their families facilitate community classes and stuff. Pretty much whatever I want to do. I am pretty excited about it, except that I have to raise some of my own salary, which is hard and scary.

My buddy has lived down there four about 4 years, doing kind of the same thing but with a different organization...so we are looking for a place together. Right now he lives on 77th and Broadway...but we are looking for places near Locke High School...or really anywhere around Inglewood/Watts/Compton.

I would love to get together! I do not know many people down there so I could use some friends. Are you in LA, or somewhere nearby? My girlfriend will be moving to Long Beach when I move to SC.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I hate everyone and I hang out with no one. [face_plain]

10. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    D_G if/when I move there, you will hang out with me. We are both negative enough and I probably have some extra black clothes lying around somewhere for you.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Prenn, that sounds pretty awesome. When I lived in LA I volunteered some with a group in East LA that helped provide food and play time for at risk kids in East LA. I definitely admire what you're doing.

I live in OC for one more year of grad school. But this summer I'll be working probably in Burbank, so I have to go through LA on my way to and from work. I'd probably be able to meet up after work some time. In the fall my job is in downtown LA. I'll be moving up somewhere closer in the LA area after this year.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    la la la, tunick will think he's been raptured when he reads this thread.

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    There is nothing good about southern California.

14. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    When are YOU moving down there?!

Teh JCC is taking over LA. We could have our VERY OWN FAN CLUB GUIZ!

Sj, that's rad! I probably won't be moving down there until like August, but I look forward to hanging out! I'm looking at grad schools now...thinking about applying to USC for their education program, or going to Eastern Seminary in Philadelphia for a masters in Urban Education. They have a program where I'd only have to be there like one week a year, and then the rest is over the internet.

DARTH GUY YOU WILL BE MY FREAKING FREIND.

15. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I made a thread last year about going - it depends on what school I decide to go to. If I do go, I'll be moving in this August or September.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Awesome, Prenn. Yeah by then I'll be working in downtown which is closer. We should find a meeting place to hang out sometime :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Make sure you get a big enough place to have a bunch of us stay with you should CVI be held there.

18. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Just in time to jump on the Lakers bandwagon!

Sorry Tunick

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    They don't call it South Central now.............it's South L.A. these days. :p And speaking of East L.A., my place of birth (Montebello) is right next to that city, and it's where I spent the 1st 4 1/2 years of my life (and I've still got family in the area). Of course you can be my friend...........I'm willing to be anybody's friend, and would like a chance to hangout, given it's a location I can get to via the subway (I do live in the Valley, after all :p ).

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The only people who call it South LA are government and news people who are obliged to in an attempt to re-brand the area :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    That is also true. Also, if you do end up moving to Burbank, Rachel, that means you get to join me & MrZap as the Valley's JC representatives. :p I know Lowie teaches/works at CSUN, but I believe he lives elsewhere.

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

22. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    it's been some time since I've been there, but they still say this in Cali?? :cool:

Good luck. NPR did a whole thing on Homeboy Industries and seems these groups have a real impact. I commend you.

23. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    If you have the bank, as in serious money, I am sure L.A. is the place to be.

Back in the early 90's I visited with hopes of going to the Musicians Institute. L.A. was the dirtiest city I had ever seen! I spent 3 days there. Sunset, Hollywood? Some of these tools wanted 2000 a MONTH for a complete hole in the wall apt. I offered 200 and got thrown out!

I hope things work better for you. I could not believe the crap I saw.

24. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Apartments don't cost 200. And they certainly don't cost that in LA. It's about the same as it would be in most higher end cities. 700 is the cheapest you'll get.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    lol 200 a month? You can't even get that in my home town in Missouri. Probably not even in the 90s.

Yeah you can maybe get a studio in a crappy part of town for 700. *Maybe*. But in semi-decent areas it's gonna be at least 1000.

-sj loves kevin spacey