main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I AM MOVING TO LOS ANGELES

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, May 29, 2011.

1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I ate dinner at the beach tonight. It was good.

Except for the couple doing the dirty in the sand right next to us.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've never been a fan of going to the beach.

3. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I've never been a fan of going to threads you post in.

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Ask to join. If they're gonna make things awkward, then may as well return the favor. And if works, hey, a stranger's just a friend with benefits you haven't met.

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    This is accurate. All of them have to hold up to the codes put in place, so chances are you're fine no matter where you go. Unless of course SLG's building was somehow overlooked. Then she'll probably fall out of a window and have it fall on top of her. But she won't die instantly. She'll be trapped and slowly suffocate while her spine is broken and she's paralyzed from the neck down. I hear it happens to like, forty or fifty dozen people a quake.

:(

I'm not a fan of Los Angeles beaches. The Pacific Ocean is too cold while the beach itself is generally too hot. Santa Monica boardwalk is okay, but that's not really on the beach itself. All in all Atlantic beaches >>>>>>> Pacific beaches.

6. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Actually, my GF and I discreetly threw bread bits at them, until they were swarmed with birds. It was pretty funny...they didn't know what hit them.

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Niiiiiiiiiice.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Me & a friend will be at the Egyptian Theater tomorrow night for a screening of John Carpenter's Halloween at 7:30, and will be in the area for a couple of hours before. Anybody interested ( :p ) is more than welcome to join us.

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

9. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Similarly, I'm going to John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl Saturday, and will be there a few hours early if anyone is interested in that. I may also have some tickets still (am coordinating a 3 row block, might have some leftovers, PM me if interested)

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I've never been to the Egyptian Theater, so I'm quite excited............and seeing a classic film on the big screen for the first time will be quite a thrill.

11. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    My words of advice on the Egyptian, sit in the balcony. I'm fond of it up there. I really like the Egyptian and wish it showed more movies... I've only seen a couple things there (one of which was ESB)

12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Both the Egyptian and Aero are great. Seen Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange and Grand Hotel at the Egyptian as well as an LotR EE marathon. Seen another LotR EE marathon and a Mad Max marathon (yes, with the Australian voices) at the Aero. Seen a couple of Q&As at said screenings too and a lecture on an art director, and been on the tour and seen Forever Hollywood at the Egyptian once. Love American Cinematheque. Have it bookmarked and check the calendar every once in awhile. I'll do so now, I think.:D

That said I'm not a fan of horror movies (though if you are the Aero is showing a John Carpenter triple feature- with him there in person- September 24th) so Halloween is out for me. The Aero is having some pretty good things in September if anyone is interested, and the Egpytian line-up isn't bad either.

For the Aero: Thursday the 1st has a Raising Arizona screening. Friday the 2nd will have an E.T./Close Encounters double feature. Thursday the 8th will have a Maltese Falcon/Big Sleep double feature. Thursday the 15th has a Mr. Smith Goes to Washington/<r. Deeds Goes to Town double feature. Sunday the 18th has a Last Picture Show/Texasville double feature. Friday the 23rd has a Batman/Batman Returns double feature. And finally Sunday the 25th is showing Frida. There are others too but those are the ones that caught my eye. Double features are always great, and you can go to one or both.

The Egyptian is also having some multi-day series on recent Mexican and French Canadian releases and one on the films of Michael Powell/Emeric Pressburger. All in September.

The films are usually $11 each (individual tickets for each film in a double feature but triple features are usually lumped) or $9 with a student ID. All the showings start at 7:30 except for Frida which is at 5:30. And a few of them have Q&As and presentations before them too.

I love going to the Aero and Egyptian, though the Aero is a lot harder to get to where I am, and go when I can. It's not nearly as often as I like though, so if I could get some people to go more often that would be cool with me.;)

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I did end up sitting there, and it was rather nice. A nice place to see a movie, though the concession stand was cash only (I hate, hate when places do that). Zap, I'm sure there will be a showing of some movie in the future that would both you & I to attend.

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Me & Prenn are going to be hanging out tomorrow morning-midday in the Hollywood area. At some point we'll be having lunch, to which anyone who can join us is welcome to.

Laker games cancelled (so far) due to the current NBA lockout: 14[face_frustrated]

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I have this thing called Work. Those animatronic whales can't jump by themself, you know!

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd come, but I'd have an transcontinental commute and all, so you might have to wait up for a bit. :p

17. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Jello, would it help if we pushed lunch back to 1?

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Define hollywood area and what time.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have to meet with my casting director for some auditions at the same time. I'll be near you, though. Watching.

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    We are planning on meeting up there around 10, and then lunch around 12?

I have a meeting in Santa Monica at 2:30, so I gotta peace out by like 1:30.

And I've never been to Hollywood, so I have no idea.

21. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Alright. My morning is pretty much free up until 11:30 as long as I stay around hollywood/highland/vine area.

22. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Sweet! Suggestions for meet up places around there?

23. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I usually meet people at the hollywood/highland mall thing right next to the subway stop. There's just a massive set of stairs there that you can't miss.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  25. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Vin, you should have ended that post at 10 faces. I thought you were supposed to know when to stop.