'I am no longer the person I have chosen to be.'

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Destined-to-Fall, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Destined-to-Fall Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay guys, I'm totally new here, and don't know much about how things work, but I have a question for you. I read the book 'The Approching Storm' quite a while ago, but I have kept this quote from it written down since then. I don't know what it was, but something about it intriuged me. I was wondering what you guys made of it. You know, what you think it means, or if you think it has no value at all. Anyways, here it is...

'Whatever the future brought' he resolved, 'it would not include the dour reserve that seemed to inflict Master Obi-Wan. If ever I should forget this vow,' he concluded firmly, 'it is because I am not longer the person I have chosen to be.'
    --Anakin Skywalker (in his mind)

Well, that's it. I hope I get some posts!

Chosen to Rise - Destined to Fall
  2. jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Master

star 4
    Very deep, and once again foreshadows Anakin's own poor fate.

Hmm...I wonder if there's a thread on inspirational SW quotes...

EDIT: Good job Destined, confusing a mod is always a good thing! :D

But beware, or "he will become angry, and use his powers." ;) Angry mod=bad thing.
  3. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think it means that he's choosing emotion and passion over Obi-Wan's "dour reserve". He doesn't want end up as detached and distant as Obi-Wan has and if he ever becomes that way it's because he's a different person.

That's a fantastic quote, though.
    It's the fact that he's choosing passion that he causes him to become a different person only to lose the passion he chose in the first place.

argh...circular logic...stretching brain...

;)
  4. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    At the risk of the ban button......

That isnt hard, DA. :;:)

Ill have to check the board inex and see if there is a quote thread.........
  5. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Spam.
    Off topic.

Any last requests before I ban you for 24hrs?

[face_plain]
  6. Destined-to-Fall Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ack! As I stated when I posted this, I have no REAL idea how to use this site! First off, what does 'spam' mean? Off topic? Okay, well if that is so, what topic was it I was supposed to stay on? I am so confused. Damnation to my life! lol. Well I hope to get some answers so that I don't do it in the future. Sorry if I broke a rule...I just didn't know what the rule was when I broke it! Always,
    -sam-
  7. Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't worry about it, DarthAttorney was talking to Jedi_Ben_Skywalker, not you. :)
  8. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    DA, stop scaring the newbies!! 8-}
  9. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Slight misunderstanding rectified via Private Message :)

Does anyone else have anything to mention about the excellent Anakin Skywalker quote above from "The Approaching Storm".

One other thing I wanted to add was that the rift between Obi-Wan and Anakin seems blatantly apparent even then, before AotC (anyone know how long? ?[face_plain] ) and I think it's a classic sign of youth and immaturity to want desperately not to be what our parents/mentors are, to correct "the sins of the father".

But in doing so, Anakin seems destined to repeat them.
  10. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Like "Cloak of Deception" to TPM, "The Approaching Storm takes place immediately before AOTC.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.