main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I am now depressed and my excitement for the trilogy has dropped a bit....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bleeding0range, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Bleeding0range

Bleeding0range Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2012
    Because I bothered to look up current pictures of the original cast...

[​IMG]
    Luke Sky walker... I know everyone is excited about the master returning for some real force-action and lightsaber battles buuuuttt... it's not gonna be too cool unless he starts working out harder than he has in his life... like now.

[​IMG]
    Princess Leia! .... she needs to hit the treadmill.

[​IMG]
    At least old Han may still be good to go for one last flight of the Falcon.

Now I know they'll likely be supporting roles and not the major players. But still it took some excitement out of my sails when I realized I have been imagining Mark Hamill as he was like 10 years ago and not present day Mark in his jedi garb. *sigh* I know Alec Guiness was old... but he still looked... the part.

Ian Moone and truthspeaker like this.
  2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You do realize that those aren't actually current photos of Mark and Carrie, right?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  3. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    They look their age, and if they play aged version of their characters, then it makes sense.

Suginami likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That is sooo not Carrie Fisher

5. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    You guys are delusional haha. Yes, that is them and yeah those are 2012 pictures of all of them. Look for yourself, http://www.zimbio.com/Mark+Hamill ... that's Mark at the 2012 Comic Con. I get playing "their age." But Alec Guiness, despite his age... actually looked good. So you could still believe he was a Jedi master. He wasn't fat and old he was just old.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Those hideous trolls, ogres, orcs, goblins, rancor monsters, things birthed from the Pits of the Sarlaac Pits,.........., ...........Ewww..............................................................................................................

7. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    They'll have the better part of a year or more to prepare for the role, plus they'll have an army of makeup, hair and costume designers fussing over them.

Patience. Use the force. Think.

8. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    I went through this whole thing with Indy 4 already. I'm well aware. But it didn't magically make Harrison's age go away. He didn't really fit the part anymore and I ultimately had to accept it, but the acceptance was merely that Indy 4 probably shouldn't have been made then. ... honestly, Harrison had a much better starting point then Mark or Carrie too.

9. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Here maybe this will cheer you up

[​IMG]

Fettcrom and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  10. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    It did. A little. :(

But he can't keep that hood up the whole movie.

11. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    Harrison played the title role in Indy 4. Here, they won't be the main characters. There's going to be young blood to focus on.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm fairly sure the photo of Carrie is actually one of my auntie... Weird.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  13. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I have to say, since announcement of the sale & reading through some of these threads I have faceplamed more than I ever have in my life.

Grow up & get over what they look like already. Be thankful you'll get to see them in those roles again. Jeez Louise.

14. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    Plus, their actual roles will inevitably be different than what we knew before. More senior, it won't require them to be beating the crap out of people an jumping through booby traps, hmmm?

15. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll grant you the Mark Hamill pic, but it seems to to me that you deliberately picked the most unflattering pic just so you could whine about reality not matching your perception.

16. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    [​IMG]

See Luke can be made to look decent sort of a Obi-wan type, we weren't upset Obi-wan was an old man in 1977 in the OT.

17. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    Grow up? Seriously? It's a legitimate concern of mine. I ignored it through the whole build-up for Indy 4 and yeah... the age did kind of matter. Not as much as everything else wrong with that film, but I realized that Indy only really works as a younger man. Yeah it's true it's cool to see them back, but if they really want Mark back as Luke they really gotta get him in shape if they want him to do anything physical as a Jedi. If he is just talking it's not as big of a deal, but a fat old Jedi running around is not going to make for a cool movie.

18. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    Yeah I linked to an actual pic of him and you're telling me I'm trying to make him look worse then he does in this undoctored photo I posted? I linked to the whole site with all of the images. That's what Mark Hamill looks like. They all look bad to me.

19. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Jeesh, those are snapshots. Mark Hamill will most likely be given a beard, and both Hamill and Fisher will wear thick Jedi robes, and not do much anyway.

20. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yes. Seriously.

Let me help you. Go watch a film called "Gran Torino". Tell me if the hero's age & lack of physicality hurt the proceedings.

21. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, a photoshopped, doctored image makes him look okay. The beard definitely helps. Will they be able to actually pull off a good look for him? Only time will tell.

yodasbum likes this.
  22. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    "Set on my duff I shall, grown old I have. More Hot Chocolate, yes?"

kataja and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  23. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Great message saying everything that I think. I think This is one of the reasons that being a Star Wars has become so lame and sad. I don't agree with judgements being made before a director has been chosen, a single shot has been taken, a plot is known or if they are even in the bloody film. This is just sad.

24. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    A few thoughts.

1. It always fascinates me how the countless posts like this show pictures of the big three. Mark and Carrie are pictures of them not prepared for the photo, and they are almost also picked out as the worse ones out there. Then you have Harrison Ford who is always shown in his tuxedo at some banquet. No everyone is going to look amazing all the time. People pick a snapshot in time of these people and get all whiny about it.

2. People get in shape. It happens. I'm not sure if you expected Carrie to do five somersaults in the air, but she never did that in the original either. They don't need to be action heroes for the films to work. They weren't really even action heroes in the OT either.

3. People are obsessed with having beautiful people in the movie. Good grief this is getting old. Why does everyone need to be extreme good looking. People get old. Their age makes them look vastly different. Every time someone brings this complaint I feel so bad for their future spouse. Seriously.

25. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    @BleedingOrange: There are several pictures in that gallery. The one you chose is the only one in which he looks bad. You could have very easily picked one of the other photos in that gallery, so, yes, it seems like you wanted an excuse to complain and picked a couple of photos that matched up with your desire to complain.