main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA I am proud of my niece and other sw parental moments

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by beezel26, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    thats right she has seen the OT many a times and loves darth vader. Well last night I showed her the Phantom menace and today I will show her AOTC. She loved the double lightsaber. Sunday we will see ROTS.

What makes me proud is she already plays with a kid in school and today I bought her some lightsabers for her and I to play with. Red and blue. Well she took to them like a fish in water and did a number on me. And she even picked up the concept of two lightsabers. I am so proud.

oh and shes only seven years old. after the movie we spent time reading some childrens SW books with her and using a SW coloring book as well. I was so proud of her.

I want to get her a double bladed sword.

and my sister said that its possible she could come with me to the Grape and wine festival parade in September.

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Beez... awwww .. its a Kodak moment !

By boy is 4, has four lightsabers & regularly tries to beat the crap out of me with them. Alreday has a solid knowledge base of various SW stuff & cant wait for me to die to get all my stuff.
    What chance do these kids have with us as role models ? My boy is Sith already ...

P.S... when you eventually move over here, can you bring Karma with you ???

:)

3. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I will do my best Evil.
    nows it time for me to get back to bed. for some odd reason I cant sleep and now i am really getting sleepy.

besides I got a busy day tommorow.

oh and I got some pictures of her and I and
    my mom who had just got up from a nap dressed in black sweatpants and sweatshirt she looked out of place and tired and frizzy.

So what would any loving son do? Give her a red lightsaber and snag a picture of her.

at her age she could do a mean Sith.

4. arcticfox

arcticfox Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    i'm with Beez....

it is our responsibility to bend the characters of our neices and nephews to the Will of the Force...

the parents, well they just have to foot the bill....lol

my sister once asked for name suggestions, before my nephew was born - but forbade me the use of names even REMOTELY Star Warsish.........i was at a loss, of course

the look of worry on her face when i laughed at the officially final birth certificated name of Hayden.....priceless

gave her a present the other night for him, the latest in an already volumous quantity - Darth Vader fork and spoon set

he gets the bowl and cup set next week :D

5. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I have a son who knows more about the SW universe than both myself and Fox put together - he'll tell you all you need to know, and with the correct knowledge!

We took them both to see ROTS last night at the cinema, I thought they're old enough to go see a Star Wars movie on the big screen now - classic response from the 6 year old at the beginning of the movie "I feel like I'm in space it's so big!" and oohs and ahhs and wows from both in all the battles...was cool to see it with them! Now my kids have experienced Star Wars on the big screen too!

Today, they're outside and inside (much to my dismay) having lightsabre battles - an everyday occurence in my household. Every day is based on whether you're an imperial or a rebel.....

apparently mum is a good target for lightsabre battles!
    :)

6. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    it is our responsibility to bend the characters of our neices and nephews to the Will of the Force...

the parents, well they just have to foot the bill....lol

Cool, thats the way it should be.

I so want her in the Grape and wine parade now.

7. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm lucky I grew up in a house where Star Wars is much a living member of our family and <Blerk> Star Trek is as well.

My fathers three daughters from his previous marriage love Star Wars and my Mum's daughter from her previous marriage loves it too!

My cousin, (whom is more like a nephew, hense the one who stole my blaster is him!) Luurves it, and we've been staging mock lightsaber battles since he was old enough to stand on his little feet by himself.

My little nieces love it as well, my eldest niece will sit and watch the movies with me and then I'll dress her up in one of my old costumes and we'll act out scenes. (Me always Luke, Han or Darth Vader of course.)

And my youngest niece, although only seven months old, is getting a little Leia outfit made by me and I'm also making her a little Ewok teddy!

I think it is our duty to keep the spirit of Star Wars alive in those younger then us, and even though we might cling to our soft toys, (like my new soft toy Darth Vader. <Hugs it fondly.>) It will always be a greater joy to see our nieces and nephews, or our own children, play with them and make up their own adventures!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.