main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I am strong with the Force, but not that strong......

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    My three-legged Mastiff rescue dog, Sophie, had a very aggressive growth on the right hind leg biopsied today.....doc thinks it's a soft tissue sarcoma....cancer. Possibly, we can get her on a gene-therapy through HESKA, but if she's suffering, then we'll have to put her down. If anyone has an inroad directly to the Force, we sure would appreciate some unearthly firesupport here......if any dog ever deserved it, it's her.

2. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    This hasnt been a very good few months for RMFF pets....

First TKs ferret, and my cat die. Now your dog is sick. :(

I will be sending all my good vibes to Sophie!

Lets all hope she pulls through!

BYW Kit, I worked with a lady a couple years ago that had a rescue mastiff. His name was Zuse and he was very badly abused. He was a great dog in spite of all he had went through. I was amazed to see how loving he was! I bet Sophie is a sweet heart as well!

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    that sucks. im a dog lover to the end & im sorry about your sophie. MTFBWY

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So sorry Kit, during my meditation I will through some good vibs her way.

5. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Thanks all.....Sophie sure deserves a break.....she's nearing the end of her short life anyway, but we just want to make her as comfortable as possible.

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Good luck and no suffering are my hopes for Sophie.

7. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea, JN, yu may not believe her story, but she was found along with three other Mastiffs in the front yard of a residence where meth was bein' made. After bustin' the criminals, they had animal control come for the dogs. Sophie had a young female with her, and they figured that the daughter had injured Sophie since the dogs were not being cared for at all. It was estimated that the injury got infected, and Sophie chewed off her own leg out of survival! She was in a foster home in Arkansas when I got the call(the foster family had read my story about my other rescue Mastiff Brutus, and decided that we were the family for Sophie) Anyhew, when we got her, she was very timid, but she came around to the other dogs just fine, and now lounges in the tall, cool grass anytime she wants....FLOL! Yu could not ask for a nicer dog, and she is so typical of the Mastiff breed as to tolerance and loving attitude. If we can give her even a couple more months of lounging peacefully in the cool grass up here, it'll all be worth it.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    She'll be in my prayers :) I hope she gets better, or at least the nice vet gets her to feel better.

9. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    She's home now, and doing pretty well.....we'll have results next week. We may put her on this clinical trial that uses gene-therapy(if it turns out to be a sarcoma).....no matter what, I refuse to let her suffer at all.

10. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    my wishes go out to you that your time together is a special as it can be.

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I know she's in good hands, you'll do what ever is best for her and I know you'll put a side your feelings just to make sure she is in no pain. I've seen you with animals, and they are glad that you are around to rescue them from harm.

12. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Wow Kit thats terriable!

Zeus had a simular story from what I can remember. He had been hit in the face so badly that his jaw and nose were disfigured. They took an x-ray of his chest and found shot gun pellets in his chest so at some point he had been shot at. And he had a couple broken ribs that had healed up on their own.

Hard to beleive they can go through so much and still be frindly and loving!

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea, I kno that some events like the tragedy with the SF woman who was mauled by the Presicanarians makes them look all wrong, but really, I've found that most Mastiffs are very slow to anger, incredibly tolerant, affectionate to a fault and very protective of little ones...any little ones. People tend to abuse the big ones the most.....if it's not out of fear, it's out of ignorance....human ignorance, the worst kind. It's the same old story....there are no bad dogs, only bad people who make good dogs do bad. Poor Zeus.....I hope he got a good home. If I live to be a hundred, I'll rescue Mastiffs until I can do no more, they are so deserving.

14. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    sorry to here about sophie . hope she feels better !

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Thanks again, ya'll....

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    From what I've heard about the ones in SF they were abused in a multitude of ways, so I can see why they would be violent to humans. I have friends out there who've been following the case, and the stuff I've heard has really made me cringe. Animal people have no need to know about that kind of abuse.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sorry about your dog, Tim. :(

I know how it feels, I had to watch two dogs die with Cancer. And then I watched my dog Duke die with a heart attack, while playing with Baily. :( :_|

You know, when its their time, its their time. If God feels that she should stay on Earth a little longer, she will make it out alive. If God feels its time for her to go, its time for her to go. Just think about it like this, she will be going to a better place. And, you will see her again.

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    To again be among all the animals I've owned throughout my life would be THE dream come true.......

19. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    wow, no kidding. what a great thought.

20. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Sorry to hear about it Kit. I'll send my feeble Force skills her way...

*SB*

21. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    :_|

Mur!!! this topic and all the posts made me cry. I love animals but esp pooches and I am sorry your pet is suffering with an illness. Hopes and wishes go out to you and Sophie.

Your situation brought back painful memories of my beloved dog Sascha but know thinking about the happy ones too.

Pets really bring joy and happiness to our lives. In the end, it is worth it.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Make sure you all have a box of tissues with you...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I got this great card from our vet when I had to take my Mom's dog to be put down (blind in 1 eye, torn ligament in 1 rear leg, bad heart from birth, and then got hip dysplasia). I should dig that out and post it. My Mom was a mess after she saw it.

Fortunately, I had a friend who was working at the vet's at the time (now is a vet), and he was familiar w/ Mom's dog, so that made it easier for her. She at least knew that Danni was comfortable w/ my friend and she went very peacefully. It's a tough thing to make that separation, even though you know they are suffering. I've had to take their last two dogs to the vet at the end. My parents are horrible about stuff like that. Actually, they took my dog, when I had to leave him w/ them before I moved into my new place. Now they won't let him go. I guess I need to get another animal, maybe a bird this time.

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Please keep in mind, Historian, that most birds have considerable life-spans, and that they only take to one owner......not to mention most require a lot of personal attention and touching, or they start tearing their home and themselves to pieces.......finicky, they are, yes?

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I was thinking of a cockateil. I've had parakeets throughout my life, but I want something a little different. I'm not up for investing in a larger bird (and they are an investment for the bucks it takes to get one). Mainly I want something to listen to me when I'm talking to myself, so the neighbors won't know just how crazy I really am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.