main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I Am Supergirl (Dear Diary 2013)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: I Am Supergirl
    Author: Ceillean
    Timeline: n/a
    Characters: OC's and canon characters
    Notes: I wasn't sure whether I wanted to participate this year and I can't guarantee that I'll finish this. I still have this other story that's eating most of my time.
    Anyway, a few years back I had written something similar for the DD-Challenge but it was meant to be funny. This time around, I'm going to try and use humor as well as a few drama aspects.

Normally, this would be the part where I wish everyone a Happy New Year. But not this time.
    My New Year started off beyond dreadful so this time I wish for everyone to survive the new year with a smile. And with that comes happiness. ;)

I Am Supergirl
    All my life there’s been this feeling in the center of my chest that I simply don't belong. It's not something that you can describe with words like you would an object, it's a sensation that becomes a part of your soul, a part of your very being and no matter what you do, you just can't shake it.

It started when I was very young. I remember the exact moment when I realized that the stars were calling my name. I woke up one night and I heard whispers, beautiful words in a beautiful language meant only for me. And ever since, when night falls, I look up to the sky yearning for something I couldn’t understand.

Not until that day when everything I knew, everything I loved, ceased to exist.

On a Tuesday evening, after a long day of being polite to customers and smiling until it felt like my face was going to split in half, I came home exhausted. My shoes landed in a far corner of the hallway as I kicked them off, I dropped the uniform my boss insisted I wear right where I stood and then I headed to the kitchen to grab a cold bottle of Chianti from the fridge. Placing the bottle and a single glass on the coffee table, I dressed in pajama bottoms and a simple black t-shirt with Sailor Moon printed on the front. Now it was just the sofa, the wine and me.

Pretty damned lonely.

I didn't have many friends and the one person I could always open up to had taken on a job in Japan six months earlier. And my ex-boyfriend had cheated on me with some chick he'd met at a club so there was nothing going on in my love life either.

Sighing, I noted that I'd forgotten the bottle opener in the kitchen. I was halfway there when I felt something cold brush along my arm. I spun around but there was nothing there. Better safe than sorry, I turned in a full circle and scanned my living room.

Countless books on dusty shelves, collectibles and memorabilia and souvenirs from conventions from all over the country; DVD collection untouched for months because all I ever did was work. There was nothing out of the ordinary. So why did I feel like I was being watched?

After collecting the bottle opener, I popped the cork and poured the glass full of dark red wine. The first sip ran down my throat like oil. I nearly choked on the second swallow though because I felt the touch of ice cold fingers. Was it my imagination? I wasn't sure. But it was freaking me out.

I set the glass on the table and went through every room, switching on lights, making sure all the windows were closed, double checking that I had locked the front door. I wasn't satisfied in the least as I sat back down and cradled my wine glass in both hands. I listened and concentrated on my surroundings but eventually I gave up. There was nothing to be afraid of.

Still, I felt like something wasn't right.

To distract myself I switched on the television. A re-run of Star Trek Voyager's last episode was on with the crew finally finding their way back home.

Home was a strange word for me. I've lived in many places but not one of them was ever my home. I raised my glass to the television set, to Captain Janeway for never giving up and being one bad-ass Captain. “To home.” I said, settling comfortably against the cushions after setting the glass back on the table.

I felt that cold breeze again and it made the hairs on my arm stand up. Eventually, I closed my eyes and dreamed of golden stars, colorful planets and a galaxy far far away.

Wind chimes. I heard wind chimes when I woke up. But there were no wind chimes anywhere in my apartment because I don't like those things. They're senseless, if you ask me. So where the hell was the sound coming from?

I blinked a few times, surprised to see a white light hovering right above me. Now, if memory served correctly, I'd fallen asleep on the sofa and I know for certain there are no hovering white lights in my living room. Turning my head to the right, my eyes met a yellow-ish glossy wall. It was almost like looking into a twisted mirror and this fact really bugged the hell out of me because this was not a wall from my apartment.

I sat up quickly and wished I hadn't. Headache from hell and then some. Demon spawns had found their way into my skull and were drilling holes through my scalp. Palms pressed up against my eyes, I took a few deep breaths and waited for the dizzy spell to pass. When it did and when I finally had the chance to look around, I screamed.

I screamed so damned loud I'm pretty sure the entire frickin' planet heard me.

There was a small creature just a few feet away from me. It held up fuzzy paws with four fingers and when it spoke – good God it spoke! – its voice reminded me of a child. “Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you.”

I wasn't inclined to believe. It looked like a cross between a bat and a mouse, its snout round and long while its ears were short, pointy and fuzzy. Big black eyes blinked at me and as it tilted its head sideways, I wondered if it was trying so smile.

“Where the hell am I?” I demanded, sliding off what seemed to be an exam table.

Thoughts of UFO abductions ran through my mind all of a sudden. Was this creature an alien? Had they kidnapped me while I was sleeping? And...oh God...had they probed me?

I swallowed and backed up against a wall. I felt fine, at least. Ten fingers, two hands, two arms and two legs, two bare feet. I was still wearing the Sailor Moon shirt and pajama bottoms so maybe this was only a dream. A pretty damned vivid dream but a dream nonetheless.

Yeah, that had to be it.

I calmed down and started to laugh. It came out a chuckle at first but then, hysterically, I laughed. Me and my stupid head, seriously. See, this is what happens when you fall asleep while watching Star Trek. Dreams about alien abductions. Although I couldn't understand why my head hadn't just whisked me away onto the ship. I'd love to have a cup of coffee with Tom Paris.

“You're safe here.” The little creature took a step closer. I took a step to the side, bumping into a tall silver cabinet with small medicine bottles that quietly clattered.

“Please don't be alarmed.”

Yeah, well, easy for the creature to say.

“Who are you?” I ran my hands along the strange surface of the wall.

“My name is Tekli.” The little creature said. “I am one of many Healers here at the temple. What is your name?”

I frowned. “The temple? What temple? Are you some kind of doctor then?”

And suddenly I doubted that this was a dream at all. UFO's and alien abduction didn't seem all that farfetched anymore.

“The Jedi temple.” The creature took another step forward, hairy palms held upward. “You are in the Healing ward.”

“What the hell is a Jedi temple?” I pushed away from the wall and saw a door to my right. I was freaking out big time here and I needed to leave, to get away from the fuzzy little Tekli creature. As I approached the door, I heard Tekli call out for me to stop. The door opened but the exit, my escape vector, was blocked by a tall man clad in dark clothes. I felt uncomfortable in his presence and jumped back, which did very little to alleviate my fears of this strange place. Words got stuck in my mouth as this man stepped over the threshold. Arms folded across his chest, he raised a dark brown eyebrow in my direction and then shifted his attention to Tekli.

“She bothering you?” The man asked.

“I believe she is confused.”

Confused didn't even cut it. Last I remembered I was laying on my sofa watching television. How the hell did I end up here? And for that matter, where was here?

“Who are you people?” I got out, swallowing a lump in my throat. Tears made my vision blurry and even though it thoroughly annoyed me, I let them slowly run down my cheeks. “And how did I get here?”

The man let his arms fall to his sides. His demeanor changed a bit. Although his smile seemed forced, at least he was making an effort. Did me little to no good at all.

“We were hoping you could answer that question. We have no idea where you came from.”

Maggy

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceil!!!!!!! [face_laugh] I remember the other diary -- "Losing My Mind ..." ;) Woot! Tag me when/if you update. [face_batting] I am definitely sorry your year started off icky-pooey :( @};- And I do hope you do the K/L fic you gave me a sneak peek of last week end - =D= Your stuff always puts me in a grand frame of mind. I'm gonna be starting somethings which are off-the-chain droolicious in an non-SW fandom ... no, it's not Trek for a change :shock: and yes, one of the hotties reminds me of the 21st century Earth-bound versions of Kyp =P~ [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

^:)^

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh! I think I read your diary similar to this a few years back (when I was just a lurker). I quite enjoyed what I read of that one so I am interested to see where this one goes. Please tag me if and when you update.

Lol. I can totally relate to weird dreams when falling asleep while watching sci-fi. I will NEVER again watch Stargate SG-1 before going to bed. But I don't think this is a dream for our heroine.

And I completely understand starting the year off bad (mine started with some pretty serious family-changing medical drama), so I hope both of our 2013's get better.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll admit that I'm not a real big fan of Earthlings-to-GFFA stories, but I admit to being curious about where this one will go.