main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive I am the boiling man...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by theboilingman, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theboilingman

theboilingman Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2008
    I'm looking for a creative outlet recently so here is some artwork for your enjoyment! More to come hopefully!

Jaina Solo with colors by BigFatty. Based on a photo of Jennifer Garner. My wife posed with my Force FX lightsaber for the lightsaber position & hand detail.

[image=http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/jaina.jpg]

Darth Caedus! This is just a sketch I did as a test but i think it looks cool so I thought I'd post it. Based on Ashton Kutcher. My wife took a picture of me with my Force FX lightsaber to model the pose. Then I used a pic of Kutcher for the face. I used the Darth Caedus Star Wars Miniatures card art for the costume reference & a pic of Obi-Wan from ROTS for the cloak reference.

[image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2527368967_c6634c7abd.jpg]

I will update this post as I create new work or get sick of looking at the old stuff so keep that in mind if you happen to read the following posts.

2. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey Phillip, welcome to Fan Art! :D

I love your Caedus, he's looking a bit vampire-ish - very cool!~ I like the deep lines on his face, and the stark contrast between them and his skin, gives it a lot of depth. Reminds me a little bit of pop art, too. And of course, I love his yellow sithly eyes [face_devil]

I'd love to see more of your artwork :)

3. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks! I agree he looks like a vampire. Or Darth Marilyn Manson or Darth The Crow. I'm thinking this is a totally sith'd out Caedus. Anyway like I said I was kind of experimenting & having fun with it. He really should have a more fleshy skin tone & in future pieces I'll see to that. Thanks again!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's really cool!! And I agree a bit vampire-like :D

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Greetings, theboilingman, and welcome to Fan Art! This is an awesome piece--I could see this as Caedus some years down the road, when the Dark Side is beginning to sap him, rather than strengthen him: the gauntness, the pale skin, the creases and wrinkles... Palpy looked this way, too--it just seems to happen to Sith Lords... **nodding** If you like drawing inspiration (dual meaning intended! :p ) from the recent EU, you'll find a lot of fans for your offerings here! :D Very cool piece, and we'll be looking forward to more! Again--welcome!

FF

Edit: Markups again! :oops: :p

6. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Makes me want to do more & take more time to do them.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ooo, that's a wonderfully creepy portrait of Caedus! I love it. :D

8. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks everyone! Jaina Solo coming soon! Hopefully 3/26!

9. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    I've posted Jaina Solo above! Check it out!

10. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow! Jaina looks really neat! and Caedus looks creepy! The dark side has really taken it's toll on him!

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome, boilingman! :)

I'm really digging your Caedus drawing. I'm not a very big fan of Jacen so I think the pale, vampire-like look works really well for him. It fits the personality of a Sith very well.

Your Jaina sketch also came out nice. The simplistic style of the linework is really interesting. Do you plan on adding color or any kind of tonal values to it?

12. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks alot!

No, but I've spoken with BigFatty & I think she's going to color it for me.

I think I'm going to do another Caedus soon as well. A traditional (if you will) version. By that I mean he will appear as he does on the cover of Revalation for example. In pencil I think.

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    The Jaina piece is very nice--I like the bold lines and her pose and attitude (very much the "Sword," here!)! And you'll LOVE BigFatty's coloring--she's a very talented lady! :D **nodding**

FF

14. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    I'm sure i will love it. I can't wait to see it!!!

15. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I like, Mr. Boiling Man!

Your Caedus is really frightening! KOOL! Your eye styling is particularly interesting.

It works well for Jennifer as Jaina drawing too!

16. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Update! Jaina in color by BigFatty!

17. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Jaina looks really cool. Her pose says "attitude!" :D And the colouring by BigFatty is just the icing on the cake; a really great piece, well done both of you!

And you're a comic book fan! :D[:D] So am I, hehe. What do you read?

18. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks!

I read Dark Times,Legacy & KOTOR. Aside from that I read The Sword (or anything by the Luna Brothers). I'm collecting Dark Tower but haven't read any of it yet. I'm a huge Alex Ross fan.

19. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Update.
    Lord Caedus!

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice pencil shading!!

21. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I have trouble to choose which one I like best. You are a fanartist with many talents! I could never do that with a pencil. And your other work pieces...

*bows!*

Amazing! Now that you did mention Christian Bale... yes, now I do recognize him. I found that picture so stunning that I did not notice anything else besides getting scared and uncomfortable by that guy.

22. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks!! I'm glad you were were scared. I may rework that piece a little & try to make it better. Thanks again!!

23. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Good job on the new Caedus sketch. I like his expression and pose, very menacing.

The only thing I would suggest is varying the tones in your shading more, his outfit is mostly the same shade so is looking a little 2-D. Having said that, I'm really impressed with the anatomy (something I always struggle with).

Overall it's a great drawing, nice job. :) =D=

24. theboilingman

Mar 24, 2008
    Thanks!! That sketch was really a test for a larger piece I wanted to do but never got around to. So I didn't put much effort into any detail including shading. I posted only because I thought it turned out neat. Hopefully I'll finish it. Thanks!!

25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    The new Caedus is amazing. As soon as I saw him I knew he was based off Ashton. Great Job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.