I am thinking galvatron kicked more ass then megatron.

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlienAcid, Aug 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    I see only 1 wuss, that's probably you.....
  2. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  3. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    That's Champ buddy........
  4. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So Howlrunner says...
  5. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Your butt better be there at 3:00 sharp....

I off for some shut eye........
  6. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Running off to mommy so soon?
  7. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    haha you crack me up Bib
  8. DoubleSith Force Ghost

star 3
    Anyway...

The new comic is pretty awesome. Seeing Megatron stepping on humans makes me feel all tingly.

Who else is getting this:

TF Box Set

I already pre-orered. Man is April 23 going to be an expensive day or what!
  9. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I plan on getting the dvds. I wish they'd come out with some more old school cartoons from my youth on dvd like G.I Joe or Thunder Cats.
  10. B'omarr Force Ghost

star 6
    I come lurking into this forum, and I find a thread about transformers? Weird.
  11. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd love to get DVD's with the entire seasons of Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, Exo-Squad, Battletech and TMNT. That would own. Too bad there isn't a GOOD cartoon station on TV. Cartoon Network just sucks. An overabundance of Scooby Doo, Jetsons and Flintstones...and crappy Dragonball Z. The only good show they ever play anymore is Cowboy Bebop, and thats rarely on.
  12. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
    hehe what do you expect from me?

BTW i watched 4 season one episodes yesterday, 113,114,115,116

:D
  13. Jomero Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heh. A part of me would love DVDs of the cartoons I watched as a kid. But another part of me would rather just leave my memories of the show happy ones. Because, memories of the show being good and the show ACTUALLY being good are two different things. Transformers is pretty much the only exception to the rule.

I watched several episodes of Voltron and Thundercats kinda recently when Cartoon Network reaired them. Man, I did a lot of cringing and "I used to like THIS?!"

Kids' cartoons nowadays are far more cerebral than the stuff I used to watch. Batman is a great example.

Seriously, here's a real episode of Voltron my buddy and I watched for pure nostalgic purposes. Bad guys show up, the team decides to form Voltron. Now, bear in mind, that forming Voltron takes a good 3 minutes and it is the *exact same animation used every time it happens* (except one time when the bad guys tried attacking them while they were forming). Bad guys fly off to another planet. They deform and fly as seperate lions to the planet.

My friend and I said "That's probably so they can reform him and be cheap and not give us more new animated action." We were right. They reformed as soon as they got there, showing the whole 3 minute formation process. On top of that, bad guy actually hurts the big V enough that they have to deform again. My friend and I just roll our eyes. Sure enough, 3 minute formation process yet again. Then, they finally get smart and pull out "The Sword(tm)." Nothing withstands "The Sword(tm)."

Thundercats: Oh man. First off, Mum-Ra was minding his own business on his own planet as happy as can be. Then some outsiders (the Thundercats) decide to make a home on his planet and then kick the crap out of him just because they don't agree with his lifestyle. That ain't right. ;-) They were uninvited guests who showed up and started acting like they owned the planet.

But anyway, the last episode I saw was dedicated to Snarf. Snarf ends up saving the day. Now, in order for him to do that, *ALL* of the Thundercats were captured in different ways. My favorite?

Panthro sees this big menacing sphere with an open hatch. Inside he sees something floating on a pedastal. Is he leary because his friends are disappearing? Is he suspectful of a trap? No. He just blunders in and (seriously) says, "Nunchuks!" and grabs 'em. Then he's trapped. Other Thundercats, including Lion-O were captured in equally stupid manners.

Don't get me wrong. I have as fond of memories of these shows as the rest of you. I'm a child of the '80s too. But what was entertaining to us then is now a bit kiddie and dumbed waaaaaaaaaaay down. Cartoons in our day were only made to serve one purpose and one purpose alone: to sell toys. And if you don't buy that, I'd recommend reading up on the origins of Transformers, M.A.S.K., and the like. Transformers got lucky only because they got Marvel Comics to come up with a great background and storyline for the series. I wish some of the other cartoons I loved had similar luck.

Ah well. I might get some of those wishlist DVDs if only to have them as a collectable and preservation of memories. I'd have a hard time watching through them with a straight face though (again, Transformers being about the only exception... but even then, some of those episodes were a stretch).

-Jomero
  14. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree with you to a degree. Yes as I watch some of my old fav. toons I realize that my tastes are different from when I was a child. About 90% of the cartoons I loved are plauged by bad voice acting and scenes that sometimes make no sence at all. I think that's true for anyone that revists something from their youth as an adult. Take SW for example. Here is something that captured my imagination as a child. Yet when I watch it today as a older person I see just how bad some of the acting and one liners were. I think that's why a lot of people were let down by TPM. They expected the same thing from when they were kids,but let's be honest we are different people from when we were young. For me revisting these classis is like learning about yourself and what you have become. Sometimes it's funny,sometimes it's just awful. You know what though. Everytime I hear "THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOO" I still get that feeling of excitment I had as a child.
  15. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's why the TF movie is so great, great F action without a losey cartoon budget.
  16. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I bought the comic yesterday. Mmm, mmm good.
    Can't wait to see what they do with the next 5 issues.
  17. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  18. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, the Preview and Gen1 #1 finally came out here yesterday. I was blown away. Lee's art is better than I expected, and the story looks like it will kick some serious butt. I also enjoyed being able to read most of the article on the Ark 2 explosion instead of having it re-told as a flashback.

Also, the preview art and storyline that I've been able to get hints of from the ongoing Armada comic all point to it being just as good. Some really slick pencilling, and the colourists have the right feel for the robots and Cybertron.
  19. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's a good time to be a TransFan.

How great will it be to see the autobots return to Cybertron, reintroduction to Ultra Magnus, Kup, Hot Rod and the rest and the establishment of Autobot City.
  20. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That it is. I've also picked up the two posters of the Autobots and Decepticons that are two covers. Thinking about buying a cheap $10 frame for them so they don't get damaged.

Also found out that the mini-series that Simon Furman is writing will be of the original meeting between Optimus and Megatron. We'll see slightly different versions of them than previously, but it should be good to see Simon return, and to see what sparked such a heated rivalry between the two of them.
  21. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmm, that's be quite cool. Maybe we'll see wussy Orion Pax's transformation into Optimus Prime.

My brother's friend just bought the DVDs, says the're awesome.
  22. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    Not that I have a problem with this topic or anything (quite frankly I find it entertaining) but why the hell is it in the games forum?
  23. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    ABSOLUTELY EVERYHING!

Seriously CA, I could write quite the research paper proving that most gamers have some fancination with TransFormers.

I allow semi-Misc topics here in Games *only* because the regulars here hang out on gaming servers pretty much all day long.

Hope you don't mind, buddy.
  24. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's not CA... it's confusing to pople who are dumb and don't read the first page.
  25. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Since when did we ever care?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.