main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I am wondering, why are you here?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fraser Valley, BC' started by finster_the_hutt, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    Subject says it all folks...

2. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    why am i here? Because about 20 years ago my mom gave birth to me... :p

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I just noticed that Fraser Valley had their own fourms.

Congrats from a Toronto Member!

4. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    [finster_the_hutt]: "I am wondering, why are you here?"

I'm wondering that myself, if I get a clue I'll let you know.

So, this is the Fraser Valley forum huh, cool. I'm not from the Valley and don't really know anyone there, but congradulations to all you crazy Valley people.

Um, I can't think of anything else to say.

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I just dropped in to see if there was some way I could support the growth of a Fraser Valley Fan Force. I'm thinking I should get a hold of some of my friends out in Chilli and let them tknow about it, see if they are interested in meeting up with you guys, and getting this moving again. :) It could happen, you know. Three meetings isn't too much, so long as you're able to get around and meet up. Doesn't even have to be an "event" type of thing: you could just do it as a lunch at McDs, even.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. :)

*Derisa*

6. The_Animal

The_Animal Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2004
    D'Uh...I don't know...why I'm here...

*normal* Just kidding. I've been a Star Wars fan for 27 years. I wonder how many more are long-time SW fans like me.

So Fraser Valley has it's own board, now, huh? One question. Does New Westminster count? Or do I have to start needling the mods for a board for the Tri-Cities region. Burnaby/New West/Coquitlam. Any Mara Jade Fans in the Fraser Valley?

7. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    If you can find two other fans that live in your area that want to start their own chapter, then there's nothing stopping you, Animal. I would point out though, that it sounds like you're just a SkyTrain trip away from the Vancouver chapter, Tipoca City, so you might want to consider trying them out first, if you haven't already. ;)

Of course, you can also try to convince CrazyMike that Tri-Cities needs its own proto-chapter forum, but to do that you need to show that at least three people in your area are interested in getting together to eventually form a FanForce chapter. You can start a thread on the B.C. General forum, or on the currently more active Western Canada forum, asking what folks live in your area and whether they're interested in starting a chapter. The "Roll Call" thread in the Western Canada forum is also a good resource to find others living in your area.

I would consider having a close look at Tipoca City's forum and connecting with them first, though, since they're relatively easy for you to interact with as far as proximity is concerned.

Good luck!

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.