main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania I Became a Powderfinger Fan

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adakin

Adakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    They are very good.

RATM were one of the bands responsible for the whole rap/metal/thrash thing.

Their lyrics are politically minded, so if you don't mind messages being dictated to you by musical groups give them a go.

Start with their 1st album, which was self titled, as it is still their best!

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Good call Adakin. Try "Know Your Enemy" alnog with their more well known numbers.

I don't believe in Zack's causes too much, but with his demise I'm hopeful the new singer (from Soundgarden, I've forgotten his name, AGH!!!) will bring a more calming politcal influence rather than Dela Roca's angry man syndrome.

Morello was and will always be the real talent of the band.

New album out in the new year. Sweet as!

3. filteroid79

filteroid79 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2001
    RATM are one of the best bands in the world. IMO anyone who doesn't like them has got no idea and in the fair dinkum department is a complete tool.

4. filteroid79

filteroid79 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2001
    Chris Cornell.

I think Zac was the heart and soul of Rage, I'm worried they're gonna go soft.

5. Darth_Tool

Darth_Tool Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    Give them some Oak Milk.

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Hey Niel. :p

He's a hopeless singer though.

7. anakin_toolstroker

anakin_toolstroker Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    What tools use an individuals' choice of radio station as a basis to dislike.
    I couldn't think of anything more petty.
    I'm sure there are youngsters that listen to ABCFM just as, *shock horror*, there are older people that listen to JJJ.
    Is there not enough hatred and dysfunction in the world, without adding another stereotype...??

Perhaps radios should be banned, or, better still, why not gather all people who listen to certain radio stations together and place them in a community of their own...

8. Darth_Tool

Dec 15, 2001
    Radio Station! Stereotype! HAHAHAHHAHA

Nice one!

9. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I didn't say I didn't like them or they were bad. I just meant that I'm not like them and I don't exaclty fit in when I'm surrounded by them.

But if the first thing that comes into your head is hatred, then it says a lot more about you than it does me.

10. Darth_Tool

Dec 15, 2001
    Yup! RATM kick tool.

I saw Silverchair mentioned up the thread a bit...they're just tools.

Er this is re: Messiah's message by the way...hehe

11. anakin_toolstroker

Dec 16, 2001
    Messiah : RATM are quite good, Tom is an absolute freak....Zac will be sadly missed by all true RATM fans, and i think only total TOOLS will not.

FIlteroid79: I believe your worrying over the possible future "softness" of RATM following the induction of Chris Cornell, is unwarranted. All people, but complete and utter tools, will appreciate the new angle from which RATM will derive their musical style. I feel Chris is not only a unique vocalist, but also a talented guitarist/musician and RATM will be an exciting, interesting and refreshing new band. I'm sure their audience will now include loyal Soundgarden fans....and obviously the teenbopper tools who will inevitably think RATM are a new band.......tools. Then of course there are people jumping on the bandwagon....tools.

PS: powderfinger are good as well.

12. Adakin

Adakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    Have a listen to the first 4 songs on Soundgardens "Badmotorfinger" & all the fears you have of RATM going soft will surely disappear.

13. anakin_toolstroker

Dec 16, 2001
    ohh..i forgot....the band Tool is pretty good as well

14. Darth_Tool

Dec 15, 2001
    How could you forget Tool, you tool? Tool really kick tool!

15. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    Oh man, Tool are the tooliest band out there, you freakin' tool...jezus, i'm surrounded by tools.

I'm looking forward to Garbage, that cherry lips song should go off live. I have not seen them live tho', any good?

16. Darth_Tool

Dec 15, 2001
    No way! Tool kick serious tool, you tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.