main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I bet that news flows a bit more freely after ST: Into Darkness gets released.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Mar 21, 2013.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Just my thought.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Whoa....you just changed the game, man.

3. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    The second beer / bottle of wine always flows more freely than the first. And it tastes better!

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    And the Shot's after the the 3rd beer taste ever better

5. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Two completely unrelated companies. I can't imagine one having to do with the other.

Darth Gumby likes this.
  6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, Abram's will be able to devote his full attention to 7 once JJ Trek is out. So sure, we could see more news then just due to the fact he will be closer to shooting the films.

7. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    This is along my lines of thinking.

8. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Perhaps, but I think that they will keep things close to the vest for awhile. I do not expect major plot spoilers until 2014. I suspect we will get some hints, based on casting rumors, this year .

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Abrams is probably gonna get one Star Wars question at every junket he shows up at. We'll get very used to his stock Star Wars answer the entire press tour.

The real thing is, will there be an announcement on May the 4th? Because it seems like a date to to something but, once again, that's knee deep in Abrams Star Trek Press Tour.

10. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I think we may get a little more from Abrams, but ultimately it's going to be Disney that decides how and when things are released. Personally, I agree that they'll most likely play the cards close to the vest for sometime yet to come, especially given that it still seems like they're trying to figure out what exactly to do with everything they just bought...

That said, it'd be nice to have some news to be stoked on in the near future rather than all of this cancellation/on hiatus/being disassembled kick we seem to be on...

11. Darthchrontis

Darthchrontis Jedi Padawan

Feb 25, 2013
    I wonder to myself how Into Darkness will change the mood/set the tone for EP7, if it turns out to be a bad movie, it will put a downer on the ST. And obviously if its amazeballs the hype will be rediculous.

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    JJ is notoriously secretive and I would expect less info to leak out. The casting is an exception since:

1- It is highly speculated that the Big 3 would return thus almost impossible to squelch
    2- The cat is already out of the bag

Casting news for the new actors could be hard to come by in some regards.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    JJ Abrams is doing an interview with Empire magizine, Issue comes out Thursday, March 28.

Teaser of it here http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36884

In it he specifically mentions how his work on Star Trek Into Darkness winding down being a factor of him taking the job and implying his current lack of work on it still being due to it. Cant wait to read the full thing.

14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I imagine the new actor casting to go like this:
    1. We'll get a boat load of "actor wish lists" from major websites saying these actors are in talks but we dont know which one *think the GOTG casting where it was like 20 or so actors are all so-called "in talks" for the same role*
    2. Once casting is over, I imagine the only thing we'll know for a while is the name of the actor not who he's playing. He's done this before several times where they try to keep the identity of the character a secret
    3. We all go insane due to the mass amount of speculation, and rumors regarding the identity of the character the actor is playing

Either way it all ends with us going 8-}

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think all of us are already 8-}

Echo-07 and Ryus like this.
  16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I shall await the new registered domain names.

Nothing beat these.

DARTHTYRANUS.com
    PADDYACCU.net
    SENATORLUMINARAUNDULI.net
    UVGIZEN.com
    ELANSLEAZEBAGGANO.com
    TIPOCA.net
    BERUWHITESUN.com
    QUEENJAMILLIA.net
    JANGOFETT.com
    GEONOSIS.com
    RUWEENABERRIE.net
    DEXTERJETTSTER.net
    TAUNWE.com
    SENATORDARSANA.com
    SIDODYAS.com
    HERMIONEBAGWA.com
    MADAMEJOCASTANU.com
    CAPTAINTYPHO.net
    ZAMWESELL.com
    KYBERDART.com
    MASSIFF.com
    WATTAMBOR.com
    SHMILARS.net
    AMBUFETT.com

etc

17. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Really? You think that a director will focus more on his next project after his current one is released? Nice work, Batman.

episodenone and kubricklynch like this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Definitely. When Star Trek is done and dusted its Star Wars time! Wow, never thought I’d be typing that sentence. Weird.

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I wonder just how quickly JJ is going to dive fully into Episode VII after Trek comes out.

20. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I would imagine that he has already started some of the preliminary work.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep. I mean, Star Trek, as a film, is done and dusted. Maybe some small bits and pieces here and there, but its 99.99% finished. The main work coming up is the publicity circuit, which will more than likely go on for a couple of months. I would think that by late July/early August he should be ready to begin real work on Star Wars.

22. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I bet they are already doing location scouting and things like that. There isn't a screenplay yet, so it's pretty early.

At least, there isn't a screenplay as far as I know

23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    You don't know that I am Batman or not.

24. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  25. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    My best guess is that one draft of the script is finished and Arndt is waiting to see who signs on officially, especially when it comes to previous characters (especially big three). It's also hard to say how much say Abrams gets in the script. At any rate, the big three could officially be signed on and we don't know it.