main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I bet...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MynDonos, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    It would be very long and tedious (definately thrilling and filling to the devout SW fans though) to show the death of 10,000 Jedi onscreen, so my humbled guess is that in the opening intro story, we will be informed of the deaths of thousands of Jedi so far in the clone wars. What I'm saying is most of them will be implied, not shown. A few like Obi Wan, Yoda, Mace, Plo, Ki Adi Mundi, etc, will have survived, and maybe we'll see a few of them in action.
    Just my random ideas, what do you think?

2. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Agreed, but probably not most of them. I think the final destruction of the Jedi Order will be shown in EPIII, after a trap or trick from the Sith. Something this important to the Star Wars history is not simply put in yellow letters...

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I know the EU has no bearing what happens in the movies, but I always thought that in Episode III, that Padme would raise an army against Vader/Anakin. The reason I feel this way is that in The Phantom Menace novelization, little Anakin has a dream, and in the dream he sees exactly that - Padme leading an army against him.

4. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    wow - i forgot about the dream sequence!!!

that could be huge!
    nice job marajade fan!!!!1

5. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    While that could happen, it could easily turn out like the ROTJ novel - explains a lot of stuff that doesn't happen in the films. But you may be right. :)

The Jedi are only beginning to be wiped out during the Clone Wars. It'll very likely take the whole twenty years between Episode III and ANH for Darth Vader and the Emperor to totally eradicate the order, save Obi-Wan and Yoda.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  6. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    I think the clone army will have a hand in the jedi's extinction. Granted they have limited abilities, but they are vast in number.

For some reason, I would love to see Stormtroopers( not clones) Storm the halls of the jedi temple, and we see Darth Vader in costume for the first time leading them on.

I'd love that. I get that feeling when I watch the ending battle in LOTR.

7. darth-bilious

darth-bilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2002
    little Anakin has a dream, and in the dream he sees exactly that - Padme leading an army against him.
    actually, the book only says that he sees padme at the head of a large army, not necessarily against him.
    my $ 0.02.

8. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Actually, the Jedi Purge takes place in the 18 years between Episode 3 and 4.

9. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    doh!!!

I have that feeling as well. Won't it suck for veiwers to watch ep. 3 with a plethera of jedi, and then *POOF* they're all gone by ep. 4?

10. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    That is a bummer, MusicJedi. :(

11. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    I know it! Man....I really want to see Vader cut a path. I don't know why. I guess I just want Lucas to give us a taste of vengence in the darkside. Give us a truly dark episode as he has said he wanted to do.

12. Tristano

Tristano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    A bunch probably die when the temple is destroyed

13. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    I though the emporer makes that his palace or something in the Timmohty Zhan trilogy?

14. The_Schweitz999

The_Schweitz999 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah i think a few jedi other than those two whos name i dont feel like spelling will survive and then in episode 4 when that guy whos name i dont feel like spelling tells luke that the jedi died then it will b a sadder moment (for those who havent seen the originals yet) just my crazy and possibly hate prevoking thought

15. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    The reason I feel this way is that in The Phantom Menace novelization, little Anakin has a dream, and in the dream he sees exactly that - Padme leading an army against him.

I haven't read the novelization for TPM, but I do have an interesting thought about this "dream sequence".

What if in his dream, little Ani is actually seeing into the future and not seeing who he thinks to be Padme, but actually his daughter Leia, who incidently *does* lead an army against him in the OT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.