main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD I bid you all Dark Farewells!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Sep 10, 2014.

1. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    but yeah havvvv :(

tbh i sorta figured this was coming at some point but it's no less of a bummer. like as the years have gone on and i've cared less about star wars and started mostly skimming any posts in lit that exceeded two sentences you were one of pretty much the only people whose long posts and reviews i always slowed down to actually read. even if they were for some new book i'd never heard of and didn't give a crap about. i'm gonna miss seeing you around regularly. i already miss seeing you around regularly!

don't go away forever ok

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What else is there to say?

Hav, you -- and I say this without hyperbole -- are an INSTITUTION. Sure, Quest's been here longer, and, yeah, maybe Nick is more universally liked... but you have been the heart and soul of Lit for more years than I care to remember. Snarky, yes, and some (VIPS included) would say somewhat tactless.

But your passion for Star Wars, for what it could and, ideally, SHOULD be, and your commitment not only to this forum but to the Expanded Universe (screw Legends) as a whole will never -- EVER -- be forgotten. At least not by me. You CARED. Cared more than anyone else I know.

You spoke your mind without giving a **** what anyone else thought.

I don't give a flying **** if people think I'm being sappy. You have been FANTASTIC. Absolutely FANTASTIC. (Oh, there I go quoting Doctor Who. Oops.)

This forum, and TFN as a whole, is lesser -- so much lesser -- for your departure.

I salute you,sir.

" It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."

Thank you for BEING you.

Now go be brilliant... and become who you are.

(I love you, too [face_love] )

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well said =D=

P.S. it's ok to be sappy

Pfluegermeister and Ulicus like this.
  4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Shotgun not handling the Aluminum* Falcons, btw.

(*Aluminium)

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Not it, either! *touches nose*

6. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Havac ... wow. You, sir, will be missed. Thank you for all you've done for the place. =D=

And, best of luck in wherever you're headed. :)

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It's scary thinking how many years ago it was when I first saw Havac getting his moderating groove on. (Or should that be his Dark Groove, in keeping with the thread title?)

Like's already been said a thousand times by others, it's amazing what a friendly atmosphere the community here is-- and that's clearly something Havac (and all you mod people!) have had a part in making happen. Most forums on the interwebs can be so... toxic, with vicious arguments, and partisan communities that make politics in real life look soft. Especially on geek fandom boards, where things can get sooo heated-- and sure, you get that on Lit in places too, but... something about the community here has always risen above that usual internet stuff.

It's certainly why I keep coming back-- even after whenever I've had to take long breaks from my Star Wars addiction-- which is not something that I can say about many (any?) other places. For that, I'm definitely thankful for all the work and energy you've put in over the years with the other mods Hav to help make this place what it is, and hope whatever you get up to treats you well.
    Not sure if it means I'm totally awesome, or a sign I'm a complete and utter dork, that I thought "Hey, that reminds me of Doctor Who!" before I read the third sentence.

Havac likes this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    These "stretches" in which you will be "incommunicado" had better be measured in minutes, if not seconds.

Seriously, I saw this thread title and I was like, "WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF!?" I definitely hope you keep coming back and posting whenever you can, no matter how seldom. Your strong opinions have always been well-formed and intelligent and entertaining. I will particularly miss you in my Journey Through the EU thread and in the What Movie Did You Just Watch? thread in JCC. I say you blow off all these other losers and make those threads your number one priority each and every time you're able to return. :p

Anyway, hope to continue seeing you around as much as possible. You'll definitely be missed.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'll miss you man :(

Now who's going to do Sporcle challenges with me???

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Did somebody say Sporcle?

Point Given likes this.
  11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Found your replacement suck it Hav!

Havac , Ulicus and CooperTFN like this.
  12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Havac

To say that you have been one of my favorites on this site is an understatement. As I am fond of telling you from time to time, you are one of the few posters who I remember my original interaction with. Your thread about New Republic Fleet Commanders and your theories on who commanded them at various points still stands out in my mind. Having watched you grow from a young, new poster to a Manager who is without a doubt one of the sharpest, wittiest, smartest, and most enjoyable posters on these boards has been a genuine pleasure. More than that, you are a friend, one who I share many interests with (early American History, reading biographies, etc) and someone who if I ever get a chance to meet in real life, I would undoubtedly be even MORE impressed with. You also were the guy who reached out to me to become a Mod, talked me through my apprehensions, served as a role model, and inspired me to give this role a shot. I had turned down the position once or twice before, but YOUR faith, advice, and encouragement were what pushed me to ultimately take it. ^:)^

To your kind word, I can only smile, blush slightly, and accept the compliments with grace. They mean a lot and I cherish them. [:D]

Well my friend, as you share my love of the Rebel Alliance and the New Republic, let me send you off with some appropriate images to guide you in your new journey:

First, the Admiral of the Fleet, the Supreme Commander himself, salutes you:

[​IMG]

Second, in accordance with your high position, a full fleet review has been conducted:

[​IMG]

Finally, our heroes themselves want to see you off and wish you well:

[​IMG]

You will be missed, good sir. This Fleet Junkie salutes you as well. [face_flag]

--Adm. Nick

13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    :_|

Jerkface for making me cry. (Ok fine it's prolly female emotional issues but still!)

You're ridiculously sweet for the things you said. I'm honored to be the only one to ever have met you and know of your sexiness first hand. I don't post as much as usual but I definitely lurk around here. I think now that the books are coming out again I'll be around more than I was. It is hard to imagine how long we've known each other and how many years we've chatted in the Lit chat. I hope that whatever it is you're doing and wherever you're going that you'll come back whenever you can. I don't think I value another poster on these boards like I value your posts concerning Star Wars Lit stuff. Don't disappear on me. You've been in my life for too long now and I don't ever want to lose that.

Also who is going to send me Corran pics now?

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sorry to see you stepping down, Hav. I've long enjoyed your honest reviews and beezel impersonations.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Damn it "Time", I thought I told you to stop letting things change and to keep everything the way it was. :(

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Don't worry, everybody; I'll be coming back. And then going again. And then coming back and we'll see what my free time is like. Also I got Crucible so you've still got something to look forward to.

Barriss! You're something I like in the Lit world! You've always been someone with a unique perspective and your special niche of interests have helped give Lit some character. (Long live San Hill!) I've loved hanging out in #eu with you and benefited from your personality and your insight. You're a very fun poster but when you've got something serious to say it's always worth hearing. I won't be a stranger if you won't!

THE SKY IS TAYLOR SWIFT'S "RED." RED IS YOUR SUN, IT IS YOUR MOON, IT IS YOUR STARS. IT IS THE AIR YOU BREATHE. THE SKY IS RED.

WTF is with those leather shorts, though? Did she take the suspenders off her lederhosen or what?

Anyway, Coop, you've always been one of the smartest voices in Lit and someone whose opinion I take very seriously. You're also a witty, fun poster in general. And I'm tremendously grateful for the opportunity you've given me with ETE. It's a pleasure swapping ideas with you and, though you refuse to be a mod, you've been a real leader in the community here and a tremendous, positive force.

Trip, you're one of my favorite posters. You know, when you post. You've been an influence on my comic stylings and a good friend and I've regretted seeing you posting less. Stick around without me; this place needs you.

Rogue, you're a top-notch critic. I love seeing your thoughtful, intelligent take on the world of art and I think a lot of your posts and your taste. I still remember your brilliant review of Jedi vs. Sith that was responsible for my taking a look at the comic, which remains one of my favorite things in the EU. You're a guy of great insight and sensitivity, but you're not above making stupid jokes and your take on art is completely honest and completely down-to-earth and I think you're one of the real gems of this website.

Uli: LOVE YOU TOO.

Horsey:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

[​IMG]

I can't remember if you even like that film or not. Too bad.

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm just gonna assume you said a bunch of nice stuff about me up there because I saw Taylor Swift and clicked away.

Ordo Skirata and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  19. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Thank you for your service, Havac, and good luck in all your future endeavors. We have had our disagreements, but you have grown into a good, fair, and hard-working Mod. You will be missed. It's good to know that you will return to Lit every now and then when you can. You did a great job every year with those Millennium Falcon awards, and I always enjoyed reading your book reviews. Even if I didn't always agree with your opinions in your posts, they were always interesting to read and gave me something to think about. Thanks again!

Havac and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Indeed we have, assuming you do a review in your usual style. You, however, well, don't think you do. It's Crucible after all.

21. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Considering what I've heard about that book .... shudder. May the Force be with you Havac.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Why do you think I'm looking forward to it? It will be a glorious literary evisceration!

23. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah but is our entertainment worth Havac's sanity?

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, he'll be fine - he made it through all of LOTF, then FOTJ and is still intact....

..... Mostly intact.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    He's modded this forum for seven years, I think his sanity is already a casualty :p