main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~ I, Boba ~ an OC Boba Fett; updated 6/7: Surprise, surprise

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    =D=

Dismiss what we talked about before, because I'm not even going to tell you what images this dug up:

He gave me a strange look, as if he was uncertain whether to follow the orders of a half naked Boba Fett girl, but in the end he nodded. "This won't come cheap, you know."

Alright, seriously, I'm wondering how long Neelah is going to continue to be cooperative?

:_| Too short! Gimmee more, soon!

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    "Already being Boba Fett again, I see," he chuckled. "You're probably even harder to kill than he is."

That was a great line. And a good update. I do enjoy this story.

~lordmaul13

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The shelter was just big enough to accommodate the three of us, but as I lay squeezed between them like a double edged sword, I did not feel uncomfortable. It had been much too long since I had anything like contact with other humans that this felt good, no matter how awkward. I was not alone. And asleep within seconds.

NO matter how hard and isolated we think we are heh?

Superb post! :D :D

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am glad that you saw my German advent decoration, mixed with Dutch Sinterklaas stuff, in person this weekend. Thanks for your long car trip about 2x 3 hours. DU & I Have enjoyed having you with us, dear Lana.

But we actually forgot 3 things

a) to give you a certain bucket from the freezer containing your third Sinterklaas present

and b) & c) I will tell you via PM.

Anyway the pictures will be on-line after the weekend. Now, after enjoying your gorgeous up-date and writing these lines to you, I must face Darth RL soon with all his demands! But please, if you find time, lead us on through your story!

(PS: We could tell you when our train to Germany stops shortly in Bielefeld. We could throw a certain bucket with Vla into your arms and deal with the matters b) plus c) at the same time!)

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Yes, Vadey, she is. Though if she wants to?[face_thinking]
    Considering how many times Fett was 'killed' in canon, it is a comliment.

Get your mind out of the gutter, ale. It will be no wonder if that should rub off on me, and soon there will be smooching all over the story.:p Not.
    Neelah? Oh, her. Guess I have to let her tag along somehow. She was importnat, IIRC.;)

Thank you lordmaul13.:)

She's suffering from the loneliness, Leona. :( So she grabs what she can get on her way. Human contact makes us human.

Fla has arrived, Azure. Thanks for reading.:)

Sorry for the long gaps. I just wrote up the end, but that's not helping you either. Sorry.[face_blush]

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Long time no update. Sorry. here it is, I hope there's anybody around, yet.[face_worried]

Dengar had gone to get provisions and information in Mos Eisley, which left me alone with Neelah. She had little to do and watched me while I assessed the damage to my armour, which was considerable, and replaced everything that was beyond repair. It couls have been nice, if she had not kept up the constant chain of questions. It was as if I didn't have to concentrate or something. But with every bit of armour I put back on, I felt myself further removed from her and her chatter. Building a wall between us, and nothing could stop me.

"Which one's that?" Neela asked. "What does it do?"

I sighed inwardly. This woman did not accept 'no' for answer. She didn't accept silence either.

"Rocket launcher," I replied without bothering to look up. And since I was in a bad mood, I added, "Kills a lot of creatures. At once. At a nice long distance away, with little to be found later."

"Thanks, but I could figure that much out," her tone was close to a snarl. "Don't think you have to patronize me. I was just trying to pass a little time with something like conversation. But I guess that's not within your range of skills."

Oh my. But if that was what it took to silence her, I would play the socially incapable barve for as long as she was around. It was not as if I had anything to tell her anyway. I worked on, hoping she would finally catch my drift and stop bothering me. It seemed to work for a change.

"You should drink more fluids," the droids voice cut into my concentration. And just when I had gotten rid of Neelah, too. I was sorely tempted to try out the repaired rocket launcher on it, but it would have been a waste of resources. The ammunition I had stacked here was limited enough. If I could ignore Neelah, ignoring droids should be no problem at all.

From the corner of my eye, I saw it setting down a container of water next to me, but right now, I didn't care. I had my armour almost up again, and the cooling system worked wonderfully - on me as well as on the water supply inside it. All those hidden gadgets, like the inbuilt water supply, were just another part of making Fett a myth. I took a small sip through the helmet and smiled.

Assembling the armour did not take as much time as I made it look. But I did not want to talk to Neelah, and she had made clear that this would be unavoidable, once I was finished with the repairs. So I took the extra time to check on everything that didn't need checking, oiled all the hinges except the necessary ones, and double checked on everything that looked like weaponry. It was a sullen job, but better than -

"When you're dealing with someone like Boba Fett," Neelah told the droids, " it's not the human parts that make the difference. It's the [i]other [/i] parts."

I was about to laugh out loud. How right she was, and still knew nothing. It was too beautiful. The other parts. Sure. Like, the only reason I was alive was because of the other parts. And I would take great care of them for that.

Just before the twin Suns began to set, Dengar finally returned, giving Neelah the chance to bother him, while I sat in the receding light, staring into the vastness around me. I had never thought to find me in this place, the planet that harboured only sand and slugs. Well, the latter was now cancelled. And anyway, I did not have the 'pleasure' of Kestrel's company. I gritted my teeth and went back on getting the comm unit together. Not yet. Not. Yet.

Neelah returned, indicating the comm. "Is that thing ready to go?"

Of course, it was, but why should I tell her? "It has to run through its logic checks before it can sync up with the database of transmission codes," I explained, not caring to mention that it was almost through and functional. Maybe some technobabble would get her off my back again. "None of the onboard memory got corrupted, if I'd had to build the comm protocols up from scratch, it would've taken a coupe of days. At least."

Well, actuall

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray! You updated! [face_dancing]

She hurried after me, relief in her features. What did she think? That I'd just leave her in the middle of the desert? Not that I wouldn't have loved to, but I needed to make sure that she would not talk. That would be easier if I had something to bargain with, and there was one thing she wanted.

So I?ll let her have it.

I punched the door shut. It did not suit my schedule, but my commission could wait. I gritted my teeth. I would get what I wanted in the end, Boba Fett always did.

Nice! :cool:

=D=

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Du lebst!

And you did an up-date! Not just any up-date, but also a brilliant one.

I wonder if any more Dutch custard vlá

[image=http://garv.in/serendipity/uploads/vla-vla-vla-sind-alle-meine-kleider.jpg]

would help you to write more gorgeous stuff like that.

Be sure DU & I will get you a belated birthday present.

[image=http://tippinthescales.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/food-vla.jpg]

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Yay, more here. And delightful as always. :D

10. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    What the duck?!?! An update!!! [:D]

"Come on, let's get going." I went towards the ship. It was a prison of its own, but times like this, I was just grateful to see it. I grabbed what I would need again, cocking my head slightly as neither of the two moved. "There's no reason to hang around here."

I liked that comparison, but it's funny how he's more comforted by his armour than his ship; instead of feeling one and the same???

Excellent update MsL
    =D=

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yes, I'm back, Vadey. At least, I hope so.:) Lorna will be back with a vengeance.

Rumours of my death were highly exaggerated... Azure. ;) And I am looking forward to some vla in a few weeks.:D

Yes, Ale it is funny how he is comforted..., no, wait? o_O Was that a slip or did you begin to refer to Lorna (she) as Boba (he)? Not that you'd be alone with that.
    I am amazed (and SO excited) and it fits the subject of the story so perfectly. :eek: [:D]
    Ship and armour. Lorna is still torn about her identity, no matter what she believes. And though I cannot explain it in words, I can assure you that her attitude makes sense.

Still turning Jeter's Bounty hunter Wars upside down.:)

Somebody had been aboard. The warning flickered over my helmet display, as soon as I entered the [i]SlaveI[/i]. All safety measures had been disabled, the systems hacked, and explosives had been stacked away somewhere. I read through the report on my way to the cockpit, noticing the open compartment that should have been well hidden. No time for that now, though whoever had been at it; Bossk most likely; would be so dead if he had taken it. I'd make him the most unhappy being ever to disgrace this galaxy.

"Into the holding compartment," I ordered the two, "there's explosives down there. Better find them fast."

I didn't take the time to sit down, just punched a few codes into the systems and set the ship to remote control over my helmet. I did not want Dengar at the helm, not to mention Neelah. A quick look into the no longer hidden compartment confirmed my worst fears. I grabbed a small device and clutched it tightly, as I hurried into the holding area. [i]Let's hope reptilians know fear. Let's just hope.[/i]

Dengar had already found the detonators and piled them in one corner. I nodded appreciation and grabbed a container. "In here," I said, turning to the cabinets. They were almost finished, when I had finished programming the transmitter and dropped it into the box."

"What's that?" Neelah wanted to know.

"An ID overlay transmitter," I explained as I closed the container with Dengar's help. "Programmed with the [i]SlaveI[/i]'s identifications codes." We hoisted the container up and into the hatch. The rest was timing, but that should be easy. "Get grounded somewhere, and nobody move until I'm back."

Neelah opened her mouth but I had already turned away. Jettisoning the container and keeping it in place was easy. When Bossk exploded the detonators, I was already in the transfer tunnel, holding on tightly as I pulled the Slave around in a tight curve and dropped it right on Bossk's ship.

I counted on the fact that the Trandoshan would want to gloat. He would not mind the din that accompanied watching an explosion from such a short range. Most of his systems would scream overloaded and all kinds of alarms would hide me. The [i]SlaveI [/i] had just attached to the [i]Hound's Tooth[/i], when I was hacking my way in already. Quick, efficient, and with a helmet full of titbits, that was not a problem. I placed the device in his escape pod, turning it on grimly.

He should not have taken the data. He should not have messed with me. He should have kept his claws out of Lorna Kees' personal vendetta. I punched the hatch close again and returned to the [i]SlaveI[/i].

Dengar and Neelah had indeed stayed put. Not that it meant they stayed where they were once I was back. They followed me to the cockpit, and true to her form, Neela began to babble as soon, as I flopped down in the pilot's chair.

"You let him get away."

"You state the obvious," I told her. She did have a talent for that. Maybe she considered the rest of the galaxy to stupid to realise the obvious. In which case she would one day take a very nasty fall, if that had not been the case already.

"I don't get it either," Dengar chimed in. "He was trying to kill us."

"Me," I corrected him. "He was trying to kill me. In all likelih

12. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    "When I went into Mos Eisley, the story about you falling down the Sarlacc's throat was all over the space port."

I nodded, wondering whether that was the version with the girly scream or without.

That's the part I was taking about. I thought it really :cool: to slip an inside joke in there; original cut vs. SE indeed! [face_laugh]

I do kind of see an identity crisis, or at least an identity blurring for Lorna. I think the previous update was indicating she was starting to actually think she was the real Boba Fett...not so much now, but we'll see how it goes. ;)

[face_dancing] Great update Lanna, shred the Bounty Hunter Wars!

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I nodded, wondering whether that was the version with the girly scream or without. "Sometimes it is much better to have everybody believe you are dead." Dengar gave me a strange glance at that, but kept his mouth shut.

Let's hope without! :p

Great update, and I'm SO glad to see this resurrected! =D=

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Superb update MsLannna!

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    =D=

Yah, you are back!

*will also send you a long e-mail about her adventures in Germany and the Netherlands since beltaine!*

And for this great up-date you won a liter of vlá!

16. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh, that, Ale. Secret of the scream: it is not in the German dub.:p
    And Lorna does not know herself. Though, she will probably never go as far to bvelieve she's really a guy. There's coropral reminders of the opposite.:p As for the 'concept' Boba Fett - let's see how this plays out.[face_mischief]

Why, Vadey? Isn't it nice of Mr. Lucas to add such wonderful proof in the movie to show that my version of the events is the correct one? Thank you George. :D

Thank you Leona.:)

I'm back, Azure. And hope to stay back, but you know me...[face_blush]

Still Jeter's Bounty hunter Wars. Now, almost completely unrecognisable.

It had been a bit of work to convince Neelah that she would be off best if she took to sleeping first. Bossk's ship was not inviting if you were not a Trandoshan, and even then, it was probably nice only, if you were Bossk himself. Of all holding cells, only one was equipped with something that resembled a bunk close enough to actually consider sleeping on it. A look at the former owner's private quarters had quickly dissuaded Neelah from trying that. It was dark, crude, and adorned with gross trophies. I did not care much, with the suit of armour between me and the galaxy, but Neelah and Dengar were obviously forced to take up quarters in the holding cell.

I sliced into the internal communication's system and placed a neat static on all channels. We would not need them, and Neelah had no business listening in, as she was bound to try. She was more trouble than she could possibly be worth.

"You know how to pilot this thing?" Dengar asked, leaning in the entrance to the cockpit.

"Nope," I retracted my arms from the crude forearm groves. "But with that kind of handling and a Trandoshan doing the flying, I figured it wouldn't be difficult."

He chuckled and came in, surveying the controls. "And, of course, you were right."

I turned to face him, cocking my head slightly. "It is more crude than I expected, but since I successfully overrode all systems and relayed the control to my helmet, we should arrive in one piece, yes."

I flopped down in the pilot's chair, took of my helmet and ruffled through my hair. "Get that door closed and down to business. I want this settled before Neelah pops up again."

He did as told sitting down on a box of unidentified purpose. "So it's finally story time, huh?"

I shrugged. "Possibly. You have to realise that the less you know, the less you can pass on. And the less you might be tempted to try the stupid thing and blackmail me again, after this business is finished." I leaned forward. "Don't think, I won't kill you if you try."

"That would depend on the benefits of this - business," he replied, measuring me. "I hope, your life and secrecy are of enough value to you to keep me quiet."

"Enough to settle down comfortably," I leaned back, " with your woman."

That had the intended impact. Dengar's head snapped up and he seemed ready to lunge at me. That woman was one lucky girl. Provided Dengar was clever enough to stay alive.

"Don't try to tell me that is not what you want: getting out of the business and settle down. Fine with me. You raise a small family with Manaroo and keep your happy mouth shut, and I will happily stay out of your lives forever. Sounds like a fair deal to me."

He regarded me closely, trying to gauge the truthfulness of my words. "How can I trust you?"

"How can [i]I [/i] trust [i]you[/i]?"

"You can always hunt me down." The simple admission hit me like a wave of ice. Still the best, even after revealing to be me. Could I ever be me again?

"You and then the whole of Black Sun? I don't think so," I replied.

He nodded slowly. "Tell me about it and we have a deal."

"Tell somebody else about it, and you have a hole in the back of your head," I answered.

"I believe you. But if we are talking trust here, I need some answers. Let's start with the Black Sun, Boba Fett and you triangle. And I'd like to know what I

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I was SO glad to see this one updated! :D

And I loved this bit in particular:

"You can always hunt me down." The simple admission hit me like a wave of ice. Still the best, even after revealing to be me. Could I ever be me again?

That was very touching. =D=

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    We are all into a great surprise here! Can´t wait for more!

*hopes also for you to be able to find time for updates!*

Maybe some monthly bribe with vlá would help you to regain your strenght...

19. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    "What's the other plan?"

"Can't tell you yet," I replied, picking up the helmet. "I'm still him, remember?" I knocked on the helmet and then turned to the main screen. In it's reflection I saw Dengar leave, shaking his head.

If bountyhunting doesn't work out, Lorna could go become an impressionist!

Really liked the exchenge between Lorna and Dengar Lanna!

More please!!!!![face_praying]

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent post. Im almost surprised she's so forth coming with her story.

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, Vadey, she's the best as Boba Fett, even if she does not believe it. Or does not want to believe it. Caught up in the illusion she created.

Surprises are good, Azure, or not? I can promise, though, that the on Lorna has planned does not involve any vla. Bad luck for all involved.;)

Sure, Ale. Next we know she runs of to impersonate Thrawn.:p

She just lost her chosen anchor (Vader) and just can't stand being all alone, Leona. Might be a bit of a leap of faith, but maybe it will work out? You never know if you don't try.:)

It was really just a matter of finding the weakest spot and then apply pressure. In Dengar's case the weakest spot was easy to see and not much harder to find. I punched a few buttons that would get me all the information I needed. After all, nothing was impossible for Boba Fett. I smiled tightly, preparing myself. If I didn't play this one right, I could just as well scrap the whole plan.

The whole plan.

At least, Dengar believed I had one. And I did, it just didn't include him or Neelah. I would have to get back at Bossk, and soon, but this had to be sorted first. Frigging stupid Bossk. Should have killed that one when I had a chance. But back then, I had been a bit too much Lorna for such drastic measures. Well, it wouldn't happen again. Probably.

The computer signalled that it had finished. Glancing over the data, I nodded to myself. All was as expected, very good. I punched the numbers into the comm and a few moments later a delicate woman appeared on the screen. He black hair hang over her shoulders and her skin had a faintly bluish gleam. So she was that Arzuran from Jabba's palace. I have seen her before.

"Manaroo?"

"Who wants to know?" she demanded.

I lifted the helmet into the picture and rapped on it with my knuckles. "The current edition of Boba Fett."

Her face hardened immediately. "Where is Dengar?"

"Oh, he's fine and doing his job right now. I have no complaints." Smiling, I placed the helmet on my lap and folded my hands on it. "And that's how it's gonna stay, unless he'd do something really, really stupid. "

"Then why are you calling me?" I could not hold her suspicion against her.

"I need your help."

Manaroo laughed. Then she became serious from one moment to the next. "If you hurt Dengar, I will find way to pay you back." She was dead serious.

I shook my head. "Listen, I promised Dengar enough out of our cooperation to settle down nicely with you." It was obvious that she didn't believe me, but then, Fett was not know for his altruism. "I see, you realise where the problem lies. Fett is not know to do things like that, and honestly, I don't want to raise any suspicion by starting now. No, don't! Let me speak first. There is a thing, Fett is know for, though, and that will be the solution of our little problem."

I smiled, as I called up some tables for her to see. "So this is my proposition."

She listened, contemplated the odds, listened some more, and finally, she laughed. "So you want to have your cake and eat it. But, truth be told, that might just work."

"And it would be such a convenient way to turn a grumpy bounty hunter, who feels betrayed by everybody into a happy husband."

She got the hint. "I won't tell him."

"Good." I nodded curtly. "He's so scared for you, he won't call you either."

Manaroo shook her head smiling. She was obviously thinking about Dengar fondly, but there was no time for that yet.

"Do you have all you need?"

She thought for a moment. "With those odds, what I can get, will do," she mused.

"I'll send somebody with five thousand," I told her. It was good to watch her eyes grow to the size of saucers in amazement. "Hey, that won't be a fraction of what I would have paid Dengar. And I won't have to scrounge together the rest now."

"A win/win situation, huh?"

"I hope so. I'll send you a file with places to go. You should encounter no problems."

There was silence as she waited for the file to arri

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "Manaroo?"

I lifted the helmet into the picture and rapped on it with my knuckles. "The current edition of Boba Fett."

For some reason, I really loved that exchange! [face_laugh]

=D=

23. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    "How can I trust you?" Manaroo broke into my thoughts. Not that one again. Would this never end? Probably not, after all, I was Boba Fett and rather notorious. To hell with it.

"You can't. Nobody can...

I broke the connection before she could answer. I had enough. Trust, trust, trust. Same old story ever again. I was so tired of it.

yeah, who needs it?

=D=

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Forget about morality!

Sometimes it holds you back.

It is a mistake to be too nice to folks!

*had a very tough day at work today!*

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000

Ha!!

"A win/win situation, huh?"

"I hope so. I'll send you a file with places to go. You should encounter no problems."

Arrr, that's so like jinxing it. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.