main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up AOTC Blue guard & Naboo soldier at
    Toys R Us for $5. Passed on AT ST at K Mart

Darth Venator likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think the Insider subscription copies for UK subscribers come from the US, as all the ads are in dollars. The UK edition was on the newsstand Thursday at WH Smiths when I was in town.

3. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Ah, shall have to head over and pick one up! Re: the American ads, I think thats the case for most if not all the copies - Last few I picked up from WH Smith have been full of dollar signs too.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Look for Ahsoka on the cover..

5. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    In that case, I needn't worry! I assumed you meant #117 was out - picked up #116 last week. The Filoni interview/article is great :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    UK gets the issues later than the US.

7. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Met Eric Walker (Mace Towani) today at WonderCon. Bought his newest book Growing Up In a Galaxy Far Far Away: A Behind the Scenes Account of the Star Wars Ewok Adventures. He also autographed it for me.

JUKE-SKYWALKER and Darth Venator like this.
  8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I found Star Wars #3 yesterday at TRU. We did go to a couple of TRU's last night because I was hoping to run into #1 because maybe, just maybe collectors forgot that TRU sells comic books? Well, if that is the case, the #1's were all off the shelf anyhow. Looks like i am gonna have to order it after all. Still, I got my fix for the week. :D

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have issues 1-3. I picked up 2 at Emerald City Con from Dark Horse and picked up 1&3 on ebay.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think SW #1 sold out its first print run and it's now into 3 or 4 reprints. You might have to try online.

11. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The Art of Star Wars A New Hope book showed up today

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I got a SW fleece blanket from a flea market. Then, I contemplated on buying a Tusken Raider VC figure, but decided against it.

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm starting to come across fragments of waves from the '12 TVC @ my local Wal-Mart the last few weeks. Yesterday I picked up the Imperial Navy Commander (AKA "Death Squad Commander", as it was called when it was originally released back in '78). Better late than never I guess :D.

14. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice pickup

15. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Just won a MIB 12" PotF/Action Collection Palpatine (1998) on eBay for the grand old price of £4 :)

Rather pleased with that price!

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's pretty good!

Postman brought an Amazon UK order this morning containing my SW Book of Sith hardcover.

17. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Jealous! I'd quite like the version with the Holocron - though I'd struggle to find room!

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I saw the holocron at Forbidden Planet last year. The thing is huge. I settled for getting the standalone hardcover, same as I did with the Jedi one.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman just brought the May issue of the UK Clone Wars comic. Free gift this month is an inflatable Death Star...

20. Twi'lekPrince

Twi'lekPrince Jedi Knight

Mar 24, 2013
    I just bought Snaggletooth, and Yakface ;) What I actually bought was a concept art action figure 30th anniversary Boba Fett. He's wearing white armor, it's pretty cool.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got that Fett as well.

22. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry J_Girl I missed your post. I will post a pic of it later today :)

I just pre-orderd Clone Commander Wolffe from Sideshow collectables a few moments ago. I am a sucker for those Clonetroopers :)

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Most guys are. Mike :p

24. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Here are the R2 piggy bank pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks nice Mike! Hope those Pepsi cans are empty! :p