main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice. LAJ and I are probably Bounty Hunter's biggest fans and can certainly attest to its awesomeness.

Grievousdude likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had a lot of fun (& frustration) with it. There's an old thread in Games (or the Videogames archive section) if you get stuck on gameplay. (I've still got the Strategy Guide as well).

Edit - and I've added the Jedi Academy book to the Amazon UK list. August is gonna be expensive as that's when the Kenobi HC comes out as well.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Well Jango is pretty cool anyway and also I didn't post it in this thread but on May the fourth I got Dark Empire 1 on Kindle for half price.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh yeah, May the Fourth was also Free Comic Book Day, so I picked up the Star Wars special by Brian Wood. It was a nice little story showing some Vader badassery, as well as his working relationship with Boba Fett. The Avatar comic also inside was pretty nice.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Its that time of year...garage/yard sales!! Let us know what you find.
    I picked up trade federation AAT, STAP, taun taun, TPM Queen, naboo soldier, Captain Antilles (ROTS and ANH) vintage Salacious Crumb! who i think is hard to find and a sack full of figures and parts from clone wars.

6. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Got the A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back novels.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Let's see...

A Rancho Obi-Wan keychain and a cuddly April Mae animal mascot from Rancho Obi-Wan, a goodie bag from Lucasfilm, and a Javva the Hutt t-shirt from their coffee shop. Me ish happeh.

J_Girl likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought Insider #141 (Yoda cover) earlier today.

9. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
  10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Just won a vinatge AT-AT driver. That's 45 down. I've been splitting my focus between 80s G.I. Joes, MOTU and vintage Star Wars of late. Time to re-dedicate my self to the latter and knock this vintage figure collection out.

DarthMak, J_Girl and whostheBossk like this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yah what the hell is up w/ that? The Mouse deserves your undivided focus...ok ebay and vintage figs don't help the Mouse...but you know what I mean!

I need 2 vintage figures to complete my collection - just need Stormtrooper Luke and Yak Face. Other than rare variants ( small head Han, brown snake Yoda, vinyl cape Jawa, etc) my collection would then be complete. I thank my Mom that she indulged me as a kid and got me a huge number of the figures when they first came out. I only had a small handful to locate when I got older. Now as to where they're all located...that's another story entirely...

J_Girl likes this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] I try, I really do. But I collect so many things—Star Wars, G.I. Joe, MOTU...and virtually every other late 70s/80s toy line, vintage Atari and Nintendo games...it's tough to make any progress.

Nice!!! I had almost every figure as a kid, too, but all but a handful were long gone by the time I reached adulthood. For now I'm not going to worry or focus on variations (The Han I have is the small head, so he counts as my SW han). And I doubt I'll get any of the POTF figures since I never had them and they're waaaay expensive.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have only a few vintage figures, and they were either given to me or handed down. Since I'm not a vintage figure collector, though, I don't actively hunt for them. However, if I see any nice vintage figures at a yard sale or something, I'll pick them up.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Long before Macklemore made it popular I started hitting thrift stores (and yard sales) hoping to find vintage Star Wars and other 70s/80s toys, but I haven't had much luck. I hear about people finding that kind of stuff though. I find boxed NES and Atari games quite a bit (found one yesterday actually). I also found an un-opened roll of ROTJ wallpaper from 1983, which was kinda cool. With Summer here hopefully I can con some friends into hitting the yard sale circuit with me.

15. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I just went to my local toy store to get the CW Mace figure with the two piece Jango helmet....yes I brought it just for the helmet and yes I have a problem haha....when a section of Fighter Pods Boba and Jango figures caught my eye, I've never really taken much notice of them before but they're actually great little figures at a real good price.

So now instead of just the Boba/Jango figures I was going to buy I'm now wanting to collect the whole set....damn you Hasbro hahaha

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, Fighter Pods got me hooked, too. I buy the blind packs, though my local store stopped selling them. If you're into d20 rping, they make great miniatures.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's a pretty cool score - that could easily be used on the back of a shelf in a bookcase :)

We have pretty good thrift shops where I live. My one mega-hit find was a little baggie for $2.99 w/ 4 vintage ROTLA Indy figures - 3 were mint in sealed baggies the 4th was loose. Best of all - it included Marion in perfect mint condition w/ her monkey! I sold the Indy since I already had one. I've picked up vintage SW cases - mostly Vaders & 1 gold C-3PO. I also picked up a couple of bases from Vintage Hoth playsets. I've picked up figures here and there also - none that I was missing though, nor were they mint. I collect Barbies and other 12" fashion dolls and have found lots of hard to find dolls at the thrift shops here too... still looking for my #1 Barbie though ;) After I'm fully moved in and have my weekends free from unpacking I'll start haunting thrift shops again.I like them for finding SW Happy Meal toys and other odd-ball items that I missed that were directed at kids. Those always show up at thrift shops - cheap!

I just can't be bothered w/ yard sales. Most people do them early in the day and I'm a late riser (plus in summer, nobody does them here in AZ - too hot!) By the time I'd get there they'd be down to junk.

I used to goto antique stores also, one that I used to goto totally no longer has anything remotely interesting for people my age at it. We have a big toy show that goes on every weekend where tables are cheap, I think those dealers probably just go there now. That's another stop I'll make on my outings list along w/ heading back to my favorite toy store up north, Toy Anxiety - they only carry action figures, new and old. It's a good thing I moved 1/2 hour away from them once I was able to buy things again - I'd be in big trouble is I lived just down the road from them like I used to [face_laugh]

J_Girl likes this.
  18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I've definitely thought about that. Or maybe framing a section of it. I would really love to have a nice-sized sheet of the TESB wallpaper I had in my room as a kid, but when it does pop up on eBay it tends to be pretty expensive.

OMG! I would've seriously started dancing in the aisles and kissing strangers if I'd found those "You like that blouse, hon? Here, it's on me. Free used clothes for everybody!".

I like yard sales because I love haggling with people [face_laugh]. But I can imagine it wouldn't be much fun rummaging through junk under the Summer 'zona sun.

Lol! I hear you. There's less impulse control when it's right in front of you. My friend and fellow Star Wars collector and I hit up a massive indoor/outdoor flea market about 30 minutes south of here called Trader's World. This place is seriously huge (over 800 indoor vendors, 400 outdoor) and I'd bet they had 30 toy vendors. Prices were on the high side, which is about all that kept my wallet in my pocket that day.

19. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    My second Funko Palpatine bobblehead arrived today! Only problem is that he's taller than the other one and his base is shaped funny... I was gonna use him at the opposite end of the shelf to the other one as a sort of bookend but he blocks too much of the collection! Looks like a rearrange is on the cards :p x

J_Girl likes this.
  20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Great finds, glad many are going for yard/garage sales! Picked up vintage Scout trooper with speeder bike with box, since that is what my photo looks like when I'm like 6 holding the same box up when I got it for my birthday, pretty cool.
    Also got on ebay many old entertainment star wars special magazines since I like to read about old star wars news. And......
    just got a special gift ...Steve Sansweet's Action Figure book!! so awesome! Very nice book if you haven't had a chance to buy it or look at it, you should. It goes over almost every figure that is out there!

J_Girl likes this.
  21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Very handy for quick reference when members ask about certain figures. I'm glad I bought my copy a while ago.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Agreed. It's very well done, and long overdue. The Star Wars line is so extensive that even as a collector you'll find at least 1-2 figures on every page that you forgot about or never knew existed. Hopefully now that the ground work has been laid it'll get an update every few years or so.

23. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    My Star Tours Stitch as Emperor Palpatine came this morning! :D

Never thought I'd add one of those to my collection, so when it popped up on eBay I was mad giddy and never thought I'd win him, let alone for seven quid incl. Postage! :)

The eBay market is pretty good right now, or at least it is for Palpatine (for buyers anyway)... Its well worth a look for your collections if you haven't been there in a while!

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the July issue of the UK Clone Wars Comic magazine today. I wonder how long they will keep going with this now that the series has pretty much ended.

25. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Do you have a subscription? I had a subscription for the Clone Wars comic back in 2009 and I had a load of issues. I was forced to do a cleanout of them because I was running out of room. Now I still buy the comic from time to time but dont have that many issues.:(