main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    My problem with the price is that the Marvel Legends line, which is the same scale (At least in terms of height. I'd say they're actually bulkier), retails for $14.96 at Wal-Mart. I understand not all licenses are the same, but that's a $5 swing :(.

I'm with you on the stand. I was really disappointed when Hasbro stopped including them with their 3 3/4". With the 6" they're really almost a necessity.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest Insider issue.

I ogled the 6" Black Series figures at Target today, but didn't buy any. I was on the hunt for blind bags of Fighter Pod figures, but couldn't find any.

3. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Just bought the POTJ Amanaman. One of my favorite aliens in the entire saga! Definitely excited, it's everything I thought it would be, has lots of nice detail for an older figure.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the October issue of the UK Clone Wars comic magazine.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought Insider #144 today.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Picked up SW: Vol 1 - In the Shadow of Yavin today at the local Waterstones bookstore.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought an Amazon US order containing a 2014 SW wall calendar and SW: Razor's Edge.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Bumper crop from Amazon UK today - 2014 SW desk diary, CW Season 5 DVD, and SW Art: Concept. And yesterday the postman brought the Nov issue of the UK Clone Wars Comic magazine.

9. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Vintage loose IG-88 heading to my mailbox.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Lego Boba Fett Keychain with LED Lite - part of a Christmas display at the local Sainsburys this morning.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Delivery person just brought an Amazon UK order containing my Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Code and the Haynes Death Star Manual.

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest Insider.

I looked through Target's toy selection and absolutely no sign of Black Series figures anywhere. Carlisle's Target has been a real bust. I'm not holding my breath for Gettysburg's Wal-mart.

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Vintage loose R5-D4

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My Entertainer still has a few Wave 1 figs of both the small and large Black figures. R2 seems to be a pegwarmer,

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I found the 6" Black Series Boba Fett on Amazon for $26.50 w/free S&H, and I pounced on that bad boy like a lion on a gazelle. That's a full $12-14 less than I'd seen him anywhere else (when sold seperately). You factor in gas & sales tax and, assuming I would've found him at retail, it's basically a wash. Pretty stoked :D.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Lucky you! Post a pic when you get him. The only Black Series Fett I see on Amazon UK is the CE II exclusive going for around £100. Not going there..

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Will do. I was pretty jazzed to get him at that price. I'd been checking Amazon and ebay and he was always well North of $30. When I saw the free S&H I think I may have broken my "Enter" key I hit it so fast :p.

18. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Sweet find at a thrift store today:
    [​IMG]
    All the pieces are there. Not bad for 17 bucks.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Nice Find DarthMak - I spent many hours in my childhood playing that game!

That was fun, got confirmation that a package I was waiting for was delivered. Looked it up - it went to my old address. Luckily a) it was just down the road from me. b) after 6 months the house is still waiting for renters so my box was there waiting for me. WHEW!

Got my first item in a LOONNG time today - my Gentle Giant Premium Guild Exclusive Mace Windu Mini-bust showed up! Also arrived in the box was a bonus 12" scale Jumbo Kenner Han Solo blaster keychain!

Photos will come later.

Also bit the bullet and went to Hasbroshop.com and ordered the Han, Slave Leia, and Greedo 6" figures (not shocking they were out of Boba Fett - which is fine, he didn't excite me) instead I also snagged 3 3/4" Biggs, AOTC Anakin, and AOTC Padme figures!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought Insider #145 today.

21. Ballad

Ballad Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    I got the most recent issue of Insider. Yay!

Also, I now own that very nice efx Stormtrooper helmet.

22. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I just got all of Star Wars Black series 2 and posted reviews on my site.

They're very, very cool. I was looking for the K-Mart scanning crew set over the weekend, but no luck.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the Dec issue of the UK SW Clone Wars Comic magazine.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    As promised...

[​IMG]

As you can see I still haven't taken him out of the box, but you can see the level of detailing through the window and it's fantastic. I love this figure and this line.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks good!