main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Great finds, PLJ :D! Good luck with the selling!

I did a little digging, and I believe the blue Starfighter is actually Aayla Secura's. Here's a website with all of the variations (Scroll down to "Version 7"). The yellow one does appear to be Anakin's. The big wheel thingie is a Hailfire Droid, though I'm not sure which release, or if there were any variations. I'm not sure what the tank-like vehicle is. Searches for "Clone Wars tank" turned up half a dozen different vehicles, none of them that one.

Hope that helps some.

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Nice set of figures there. I'm sure someone will buy them. I have a collection of those Galactic Heroes figures. They're great for animation with. The Flacon is really cool. Anyway the last Star Wars stuff I bought was The New Jedi Order Force Heretic trilogy, The Final Prophecy and The Unifying Force. Also bought Survivor's Quest. Just need Traitor and Destiny's Way and then I'll finally have all the NJO.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice find! First pic is indeed Hailfire droid and Turbo Tank and second pic is Anikan's and Secura's jedi starfighter from Clone Wars. Picked up Rancor keeper and Klaatu carded ROTJ figures along with Clone Wars ARC 170 Starfighter on ebay. Saw that Kmart and Target put out new Black Series, but still looking for Darth Plageuis!

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Woot! Thanks for the help guys!

Hummm... the bottom of the ship says 2004, however that could just be the mold date. Aayla's ship came out in 2008. I know next to nothing about ships so I'll have to defer to that guys blog over a couple of postings online where they've IDed the ship as Obi-Wan's but it's not in the box.

Ok verified on Rebelscum that indeed the blue one is Aayla's ship. Thanks guys!

Juke - here's the tank. I may not know my ships but I know enough about the 'verse that if I see a ship, I know if it's SW or not. The Hailfire Droid is cool - out of the CW type ships (although that was in AOTC, I believe) I like that one best. Too bad, so sad it won't fit in a shipping box :p

GrievousDude - good idea picking up those EU books, lord only knows how long before they all go out of print thanks to Disney wanting to completely create new timelines.

WhostheBossk - hummm, yeah I've seen from other folks online that Plageuis has been showing up at discounters, so I don't know that you'll have any luck finding him in first level retail stores.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice. I'd never seen that one before. It's pretty nifty.

Yeah, you might be "forced" to keep that one ;).

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee hee!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postwoman brought my Amazon US order containing SW: Honor Among Thieves earlier.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Delivery man brought an Amazon UK order with The Empire Striketh Back earlier.

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  9. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up Vintage Droid Factory w/box, tri-pod cannon, radar lasor cannon, and concept Legacy Anakin Skywalker. Still no sign of BS Plagueis!

10. Skellybobs

Skellybobs Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2013
    Picked up Black series Biggs and Stormtrooper at the local ASDA (UK).

They're having a sale - all BS, Saga Legends and mission series £5 each. Might go back tomorrow.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Bummer - no ASDA's near me. I've got Waitrose and Sainsburys. The latter usually has a small selection of SW figures in the toy aisle but I haven't seen any Black Series.

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up Maul: Lockdown this weekend.

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I read that a few weeks ago. I like that the EU is mixing in some non-traditional stories like this. The author is the same guy who wrote "Death Troopers", which I also thought was a nice change-up. I hope they let him keep exploring the fringes of the Star Wars universe.

TrakNar and whostheBossk like this.
  14. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Bought Star Wars: Omnibus: Rise of the Sith.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postwoman brought the May issue of the UK Star Wars Comic magazine earlier.

16. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Is it still the Clone Wars comic or have they changed it now? The last issue I got was December's issue.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's no longer limited to Clone Wars. Otherwise it's the same size, freebies on the cover, etc.

18. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Kmart now has all Star Wars on sale. This includes the Ewok Catapult down to $15.79, Imperial Scanning Crew $12.79, and Black Series to $7.99!! No sign of anyone I wanted (where are you Plagueis!) so I had to walk away. (hid a few scanning crews and clones just in case I change mind)

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postwoman brought my next SW Fact Files subscription pack - contains issues 9-12.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postwoman brought Insider #148 earlier today.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I found some more Galactic Heroes at Savers, there was also another Millennium Falcon but it was missing a part and was more beat up than the first one I got so I passed on it.

It seems as though parents are now chucking Galactic Heroes - it's a good time to haunt local thrift shops to look for them.

22. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    So far this week I have bought...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Did you find the 6" Fett at retail or was that eBay? I was in town today and the only 6" figure The Entertainer (toy shop) had was Han.

24. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013

These have all been bought off of online eBay stores. My bank account has taken a hammering this month. Just got hold of Greedo to complete the 6" collection.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ya that 6" line would hit my $ acct. hard. That is why I stick with the 3.75" line. Has nastalga and much cheaper. Maybe not as articulate, but I love 'em.

"Making a killing" the bounty hunter code....written by my brother...Cradossk