main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried ebay.co.uk to see if there are any there? Shipping would be cheaper, anyway..

3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That's usually my first option, any European eBay (years of searching for old music magazines taught me that it's better to check what's closer first) But nah, this seems to be a rarity, just like those Spanish picture books that were once featured on sw.com

Not to mention that somebody, somehow, could bother and make a decent plushie, for us creepy kids. Or, you know, an useful item...like...a nasal ointment tube holder.

4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    My Saga collection chief Chirpa arrived today and now I ponder what the little plastic figure that came with it is for.

And obviously, I could not resist doing this...

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    US friend who stays with me every summer got me the Jaxx 18" Fett from eBay and sent it over. Postman brought him today - awesome figure! (Not sure where to put him so he stays packaged for now). eBay seller also enclosed a note to my friend with an apology about it taking so long - he had to find a proper box that was large enough. As compensation he sent a free Galaxy card #269 in a Card Guard inside the box. You can see the image of the card here on an eBay auction.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My local Wal-mart has jumbo Rebels figures. They have them stacked in a display that's two figures high. It's taller than I am, and I'm 5'7".

I didn't buy any because hell if I know where I'd put the figure.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I picked up a black plastic Darth Vader pumpkin at Walgreens - they didn't have Yoda, but that's Ok, I think I like having Vader better.

8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Today, I nearly bought a 31" Shock Trooper by Jakk's Pacific, but I would have had to carry him through the city for 3,5 hours. So alas, no Shockie for me :(.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I hauled a Boba Fett standee through London some years ago. It was folded and packed in clear plastic for protection. It got quite a few smiles on the Tube. Problem was I found it first at a cinema store and they only had one so of course I bought it. (A pic is in the link in my sig). I still had shopping to do. The guys at Forbidden Planet got a laugh when they saw it.

Forgot to put a couple of my items up. I recently sorted out my 2015 calendar needs - SW wall calendar and a SW Desk Diary. Found the former in town and got the latter from Amazon UK.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  10. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, I still remember my shopping spree in the same city with a 15 kg Tibetan bronze figure in my backpack. That was somewhat exhausting, so I refrained from buying the Shockie
    today.
    But the day will (hopefully) come.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm going to try to see if I can get one of the Jakks 19 Chewie's tomorrow. I really want the TRU 4 pack w/ Vader, ANH Luke, Sandtrooper, and Stormtrooper - deciding if I want to spend $80 on it though.

I mostly want the Luke, although I do have a great place to display the Vader.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    We're having the international book fair for the next eight days and that could mean the following:

1. I'll go mad and get a lavish artist book with large photos of reproductions (didn't have enough for a Duchamps one last year). Or two of those.
    2. I'll go mad and find a set of Dostoevsky and/or Gorky novels, used, as I'm a huge fan of Russian classics.
    3. I'll go mad and spend a day messing around old comic books, geeky stuff and similar things.

But either way, book fair is a special occasion, and the only thing that could make me purchase items off my list on eBay and AbeBooks this week will be icollectonline posting the model cell of Teebo, as they've posted such cells of pretty much all other characters and some random creatures. Knowing my luck, it will go beyond the amount of money I would be able to afford for it, but yeah, I always have right-click-and-save.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd go nuts in a book fair, especially for mystery and SF.

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You'd love this book fair, then...I believe it's the second or third largest in Europe. And my favourite booths have always been those with foreign books and those with super-old books and random used comics.

Seems like my current most important client is reading this, as he just asked me if I would mind taking over ALL of their design and development stuff. I wonder why he even asked. XD This means I'll literally be able to go nuts, as you suggested. :D

*looks around the messy room which lacks shelves...*

whostheBossk and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    How much of a [insert expletive here] does one have to be in order to refuse to send me a close-up of a tiny chewing gum sticker from a 30-sticker/sheet? :(

This is the first time somebody other than a person with psychopatic tendencies in another community outright refused to do such a small favour to me and I have to ask: is that normal in this fandom?

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can you elaborate? I can't see anything in this thread that you might be referring to..

17. Ballad

Ballad Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    I bought books today. Namely, that two-pack of the Jedi Path and Book of Sith. I look forward to fully reading them both.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Oh, wow, I guess I was super-annoyed when I wrote that. Nothing happened in this thread, nor would I attack a fellow forum poster in such a way, yikes. The person is an eBay seller from somewhere in Spain. And the tone they used was strange, too. Hope I didn't offend anybody with that first comment. :)

Still on a high from the book fair. :) :) :)

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - glad it wasn't here.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I picked up a black series ANH Ceremony Luke figure last night.

whostheBossk and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I've gone overboard this week, just like I assumed I would. Since all my SW books were .epub and .mobi files, I picked some I wanted to have as physical copies at the book fair and I also got the POTF figure of Ackbar pretty cheap. And my Romba & Graak and Widdle Warrick & Wunka arrived, too.

[​IMG]

I'm getting really nervous about those cel auctions on eBay. Do they even have the cel I want? And once they post it, will I be able to afford it?

whostheBossk and Grievousdude like this.
  22. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Great score, Ewok Poet. Great to see that you got Splinter of the Mind's Eye & the ROTJ novelization; those both look like new printings. Splinter is probably my favorite EU novel - not only is the story great, but the incredible cover by Ralph McQuarrie is one of my favorite pieces of EU artwork.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Love the ewoks - I don't think I have any of those.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks. :)

Yup, they're all new, to the point there were these stickers from customs on them and it said Ingredients: 100% paper. :D That made me laugh.

The cover is indeed beautiful!

Thanks. :) These are both two packs: one is Romba & Graak, the other is that retro-styled Ewok Scouts and you cannot see the inside of the box, if that makes sense.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. The cel I want is up for auction on eBay. I'm shaking. I'm a bidding stupido, I lost three bids in the last seven days or so, I was never good with it.

Finances are clearly not an issue here as I was saving up for this moment, but how do I make sure I get it? :(