main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My local Wal-mart has the biker scout, and the display consists of the figures double-stacked. Two figures stacked are taller than I am.

Hell, I think they're bigger than my Batman figure that stands in my stairwell!

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahaha, great thread title.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    My package showed up yesterday - yay!

I like the Chewie, he goes nicely w/ my other 18" figures. They had the Biker Scouts also but I have zero place to put him so I passed. I'd thought about getting the Walgreen's Darth Maul but passed. I need the ANH Luke that's in the TRU giftset, but I don't feel like forking over $80 for the 3 figures in it :(

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That your Unleashed Leia that showed up?

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yep - I'm glad, I really didn't want to deal w/ waiting for a claim to fully process - get a refund and then try to reorder it again.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issues 37-40 of the UK SW Fact Files today.

7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Nothing arrived this week. I know for fact that one toy is sitting at the customs and that it's been there since November 10th and I'm annoyed. Since the other thing sitting there is my Lush stuff, and I really, really need my body lotion right now, I'm even more annoyed.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You can't buy body lotion locally? Or do you just like that particular type?

9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Is it normal body lotion or something collectible like Essence of Ewok :p?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    LAJ_FETT, of course I can buy pretty much anything here, but not my preferred kind - Sympathy for the Skin from Lush, in this case packed with some Halloween shower jelly and a couple of bath ballistics, shipped from UK. We had Lush in Serbia from 2004 to 2009 (when I worked there as a, well, local auntie Pamela type + forum host + web developer + lightbox/billboard/flyer/catalog designer) and 2010 to 2013, but the licence holder went bankrupt both times. I don't think they'll allow anybody to have a licence to sell Lush products in this country in near future, as we clearly are a country of morons. O_____o

It's been a week of some crap Nivea thing for me and I'm slowly starting to lose patience.

Juke Skywalker, I tried that, but I had to quit when the number of my fingers and toes suddenly went from five to three, my voice got squeaky, I started spending time on the top of a tree and my dog realised I was desirable. :eek: She's half Pekingese, Pekingese are close to shin-tzus and I just wouldn't want to risk getting molested in my sleep!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And now it turns out my cel is at the customs already. Now watch it come on Monday and the catapult toy and my Lush stuff lying there for some more. ARGH. No Sympathy for the Skin make Ewok Poet something-something!

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Stopped by Walgreens this morning for another purpose and found the 6" Black Series Chewbacca. He was the only 6" they had. Now all I need is the Jedi Luke and I'm caught up.

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    My catapult, that's been sitting at the customs for more than two weeks, has finally arrived today. Still waiting for the cels and my Lush (the stuff behind the catapult is from an earlier purchase, I like it when the room smells nice). Does it get slow like this in your countries during November-January as well?

[​IMG]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have that set - it's nicely well done.

I had a few ebay purchases show up. I won a set that had a POTF Bespin (white jumpsuit) Leia figure and a Hamilton Princess Leia plate arrive. I won the 2 for $2.99! Today my Princess Leia/Stormtrooper Japanese EP III Pepsi Big Sound Caps arrived. Woot! I'm now down to only needing Palpatine/Yoda and Luke/Vader. I love these things they're by Gentle Giant but are soft plastic and slightly smaller than regular Mini-busts. Leia/Stormie have been damned hard to track down at a decent price.

I made my first payment for Sideshow's Hoth Han Solo figure too.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't know about customs, because I don't really order from overseas, but despite the huge volume of business this time of year I actually believe standard domestic shipping is faster during the holidays. My brother works for UPS and he says they're forecasting that they'll break the record for volume for the umpteenth straight year. Chalk that up to the rise of internet shopping/cyber Monday.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If we get snow near the holidays here in the UK (near London) stuff can grind to a halt. I had an Amazon UK order some years ago. I had put it in right before we had a snowfall. This was around mid-December. It was only about 1/2 foot but London and its suburbs just don't do snow well. This was combined with heavy snow in Scotland. My Amazon order sat at the depot in Scotland til January. (I could see it there on the tracking system). Luckily the order was for me and not for gifts. I think I finally got it in mid-Jan.

Anyway, Entertainer had Rebels 2-packs today. I scored TWO Fett/Stormie ones. (One's an opener).

Ewok Poet and whostheBossk like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Argh, All these things that make you faster will probably slow down the idiots here. For some odd reason, our holiday season, which is roughly the time from December 31st to January 20th, is the worst time to send and receive mail. Everything stops for a couple of weeks and I can't stand it.

But I'm glad that it works so well for you over there!

Oh.wow. I guess I'll shut up, as this has clearly never happened. I had a couple of returned parcels over the last 13 years, but that's it.

Another picture book arrived the other day, and since I never took a photo of the first one from the same series, here are both of them. :)

[​IMG]

And yes, my dog photobombed like a pro and she had to lick her bum the moment I fired.

DarthJaceus and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Lol dogs have gotta be dogs.

Juke Skywalker and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Delivery person brought an Amazon UK order containing (amongst other things) Jason Fry's SW Rebels: Edge of the Galaxy this morning.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    A friend of mine picked me up the Luke Skywalker Hot Wheel. It's really sharp, and I love the cardback. I may need to pick up Vader, Chewie and R2 now (I believe they're less than $4 each).

21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Had delivery last week of some ESB and ROTJ card backs. I've been putting these with my vintage figures making them look more truly vintage (had some vintage inside POTF 2/newer card backs from '90s-'00's). Cheaper than buying every single vintage figure MOC, what you think? Also received Fisher Price Adventure People lot of figures which really brings back late '70's for me. Especially the deep sea diver with octopus!

Skellybobs and Juke Skywalker like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Your post just reminded me of that little phone on wheels from one of their collections that I used to have in mid-80s. :(

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Received lot of vintage capes/coats for figures and some more ESB and ROTJ card backs.

Juke Skywalker and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    My poor stuff is STILL stuck at the customs. I kept on ringing them yesterday, nobody bothered to pick up. Hadn't my unused car been towed, I would've been persistent enough to ring them all day. I'll retry at some point, as this is unbelievable - they haven't took action on my well-paid model cel from the cartoon for more than a week and it's a flat envelope, and my Lush parcel has been with them for more than three weeks as of today.

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, that frustrating. Is there any way you can go over there in person? I hate trying to resolve things on the phone. I always find I make more headway talking to people face to face.