main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Picked up a new one-off magazine put out by SFX and TotalFilm here in the UK - George Lucas, the Man, the Myths, the Movies. You can see some pages from it here. For those in the UK, I found it for £9.99 at my local WH Smiths. It was in the SF/Film magazine section.

Ewok Poet and whostheBossk like this.
  2. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014

Wow, quite expensive then. Looks like an interesting read though.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, it is expensive. It's also 146 pages so longer than a normal issue of either magazine.

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I am looking to get that as well. Received lot of 10 vintage figures mostly from ROTJ, Vintage Millennium Falcon handle for ball (just need ball now!) stickers/decals, Speedbike flaps, Death Star rope and panels, and a large lot of ships/vehicles. All included their original boxes, such as ROTJ AT-ST missing parts, Y-Wing with stickers sheet, instructions, and most parts, B-Wing with instruction sheet and all parts, Landspeeder in great shape, and Battle damaged X-Wing no instructions. Great lot and even though some boxes have water damage, a great find, and helps when you get a special treat finding mint R2 and X-Wing Luke inside your Y-Wing [face_dancing]

Ewok Poet and Juke Skywalker like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Off-topic note for UK folks - I got the June issue of SFX magazine in the post today and it contains a tribute to Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock. If you're a Spock fan keep an eye out on the newsstands for it.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I won a few cool things on ebay - got a Han Solo and Leia Disney exclusive Mr. Potato heads loose for a steal. I also will have a General Anakin Skywalker Sideshow 1/6 scale figure coming...finally. His prices spiked for the past year or so, I finally got one at not too bad of a price.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Recently got two Star Wars Rebels shirts, and a Rebels wall calendar to go with my saga calendar.

8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice finds everyone! Was able to get another delivery before weekend. Vintage AT-AT chin guns which are so hard to get, Luke Bespin card back, 1979 storybook and record, lot of 34 vintage figures in Vader case including Imperial Gunner, Tie Interceptor with box-getting ready to put batteries to test it out-who here likes doing this?

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bwahahaha my Tater Han and Leia showed up, they're hilarious!

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Received the back gun to vintage Imperial Shuttle, vintage weapons for Squid Head, Nien Nunb, Han, and my Blue Snaggletooth along with Luke Poncho, R2 D2, 2 1B, and Boba Fett ESB card backs.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You're cleaning up on the vintage whostheBossk!

I picked up one of the 18" Jakks Pacific Stormtroopers today at a thrift shop - woot!

12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Almost picked up some digital commemorative edition sets today. Shame they had to use the Rebels line. Would have been cool otherwise.

13. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Wullfwarro and Wookiee Warrior mission series pack arrived today. Resorted to Amazon in the end as I had a gift voucher...

I know people have not liked these Wookie figures but they look good to me. This Rebels line is great I think, just what I was after, fun colourful kids toys with a touch of the old school about them (I'm only collecting the characters from the animated show rather than the Classic and Clone Wars characters also in this same Hasbro SL/MS range)

14. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, already?! You don't often see merch that new show up at thrift stores. Congrats!

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know, I got one of the funny Jakks Pacific Yoda flashlights also a while ago too. Stormie's got a few marks on his face but I think I can get them off. He's in really great shape otherwise.

I have sooo many Clone Wars ships that I've picked up at thrift shops. I really need to get myself a couple more bookcases so I can set up a CW display w/ them all. They might be missing cockpit covers but I don't really care, they're just battle damaged :p

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  16. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    The actual show figures look fantastic! It's the movie figures that are very... blah.

I've picked up some odds and ends! Leia card sleeves, Heir to the Jedi, and today I bought Star Wars Bounty Hunter and Rogue Squadron 3 on Gamecube. Great condition!

Grievousdude and KeithyT like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Bounty Hunter is lots of fun. I have it for the PS2.

Grievousdude and whostheBossk like this.
  18. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Looking at getting Bounty Hunter on PS2 from Amazon. Looks awesome.

Today I picked up:
    -Star Wars Rebels beach towel
    -Black Series Bossk 6-inch
    -Star Wars poster (has Vader and the bounty hunters behind him)

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Bounty Hunter is a great game! Go for it!

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You might not thank us when you get to the prison breakout levels..they are a Sith..

21. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, yes, I am still on those levels and I have had the game for like 12 years! I have the cheat codes, but I always go back to where I haven't got passed and just cannot manufacture time and energy to get passed it.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I managed to make it through there without cheat codes but failed at the later level where you start encountering the Bando Gora snipers. I died many times there. Finally had to use a cheat on it to move on.

23. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Well I bought Bounty Hunter on PS2, along with The Clone Wars season 2 on Blu-ray. Both arrived today, and looking forward to playing BH tonight.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Tusken snipers were way worse. Bastards made a level where half the time you're forced to fly over really deep canyons nigh impossible to beat. [face_beatup]

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Sideshow 1/6 Clone Wars General Anakin Skywalker showed up today.

Ewok Poet likes this.