main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Another thing: where can I get The clone Wars season 2 in new packaging? Like just a standard Blu-ray case and slip cover? Ordered off Amazon and they sent me the first released digi book version, which looks so out of place with season 1 which is in the new packaging.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Annnnd my SS Hoth Han showed up.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Just got SW Insider #157 in the mail today!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Seems a lot more activity on this site as many are getting there collections in order. Received magazine lot yesterday. So much is not paid attention to is the reading material of Star Wars and how cool it is to go back and look at old Insiders or Starlog's. Got a mixture of both as well as old collecting magazines which are always fun. Also a cut out of an article from the paper that A New Hope was being advertised on CBS for first time, 1984. All were in mint condition, nice.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    They hype is building, you'll start to see more and more people active in collecting again!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    No doubt about that. eBay activity is up as well. And coming off of the buzz from the new trailer I fully expect a lot of dormant collectors to come out of hibernation.

I was gonna wait until I saw it at the store (yeah, right!), but with the trailer and all I couldn't help my self. Picked up the 6" Black Series Han Solo Stormtrooper disguise off Amazon. Great price, so no complaints there.

7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Been a while, hi!

I did not buy many things recently because I need to change furniture in my room and save up for a proper, decent summer vacation we have not had in years, but the most recent items I got were a single Stormtrooper from the Rebels line (and it costed 18 bucks here - argh!) and another awesome one-of-a-kind sketch from the character redesigning sessions for the 2nd season of Ewoks.

[​IMG]
    Yes, those are glasses. After this, they apparently wanted to redesign him with fur around his eyes to look like glasses, but they eventually settled for freaky blonde eyebrows.

Also, my awesome new cupboard arrived and I just...put all of my non-print stuff in the space I intend for a future Endor diorama.

[​IMG]

Ignore the unrelated items, they're only here for a little.

If you find anything in them that could be interesting to me, please, let me know. And sorry that I didn't post the instructions for uploading images yet, it's been crazy recently; I shall message you.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ewok Poet - lovely artwork! Your ewoks are nicely multiplying!

Had a good stop at Goodwill tonight. I picked up a Clone Wars speeder (it's covered in CW shiny stickers and I think missing some covers, but it's me, I don't care.) I also got a Galactic Heroes (or the taller guys that came after them) X-Wing, a super deformed head stuffed Yoda, AND for $8 a Clone Wars AT-TE - that just needs 4 of its legs and it's complete (I think) otherwise. Woot!

I'm thinking I'm going to need to pick up hoards of pit droids and eventually set up a big display w/ all of "parts and parts" clone wars ships that will all be sitting around in a big space ship junk lot :p

9. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    I haven't posted in a while since I've not really been too active in picking stuff up. There was a slight hiccup with SS R2-D2 so I won't have that for another month, but whenever a company gets around to releasing a BB-8 in the near future... I will be all over that. Damn, I want one.

Ewok Poet and cubman987 like this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I just got all of the legs ordered for my AT-TE - I only now need the extended part of the gun on the top of it and maybe a couple of other tiny pieces but it'll overall be complete. I guess now I'm going to need to go find me some clones to fill it up with.

That was easier than parts for my Vintage Falcon - I'm still slowly working my way towards getting it complete.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    My fiancé told me I could pick one six inch black series figure out. I can't pick! I still need:

-Anakin
    -Standard Clone
    -Sandtrooper 2
    -tie pilot
    -Yoda
    -Bossk
    -Trooper Han
    -Jabba
    -Proto Boba

And technically I need Blue Box Obi-Wan, but I'm not worried about him.

I also pre-ordered Trooper Luke, Palpatine and Clone Captain as an anniversary present to myself.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issues 57-60 of the SW Fact Files today.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    My comic subscription finally arrived in the post. I placed this order in January but because it's coming from Northern Ireland and I'm in Ireland; it's an international order, so the company only ship out issues when everything in your order has come in to stock, and then only at the end of the month.

Darth Vader # 1, #2 and #3
    Princess Leia #1 and #2
    Star Wars #3

It's really infuriating having no retailers in proximity that sell comics. I'm behind but getting there. Should have the next set of issues coming in the next week or two...really wanna get stuck in to the Kanan comic.

Skellybobs and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    You're lucky, compared to me. I live in Belgrade, Serbia and the only SW-thing that was ever translated here were 12 out of 14 Ewoks comics and the A New Hope novelisation. When and if I find toys I want, they're ridiculously expensive (paid 16€ for a Stormtrooper figure from the Rebels line), they sell only what's most popular and they shy away from the most expensive stuff.

I really, really want an AT-ST toy for my future Endor diorama. Any specific one you folks would recommend? Preferentially from an European seller.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I had a Star Tours Minnie Mouse as Queen Amidala figure show up today. Also bought the cheapo Endor Leia figure last night at Target.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Preordered Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition for PS4 on GameStop over the weekend. Gonna be AMAZING! Also got a Star Wars: The Old Republic Cartel Coins card.

And off Amazon, I bought:
    -Star Wars Rebels shirt
    -A New Hope soundtrack
    -The Cestus Deception
    -Preordered both Lords of the Sith and Ultimate Star Wars guide

17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    PadmeLeiaJaina Let me know what parts you need as I am just completing my Vintage Falcon. Need one more item.
    Ewok Poet I recommend the AT-ST from 1983 Return of the Jedi so I am biased vintage collector, but would display nice. My Endor display has mixture of vintage Rebel Commando's, with POTF2 Rebel Endor soldiers, Speeder Bike concept with figure, all vintage Ewoks (Teebo, Logray, Paploo, Romba, Chief Chirpa, Wicket, Warok)Wookies from ROTS, against vintage AT-ST, Biker Scout troopers vintage and newer, AT-ST Drivers (new and older), and vintage Speeder Bike with POTF2 Biker Scout with the Vintage Ewok Village as the main part of the shelf display.

Received vintage capes lot including Lando, Kenobi, Sand Person, Jawa, Luke ROTJ, Ugnaught, Zuckuss, Vader, and Snowtrooper, VIntage carded in rough shape Lando Calrissian, Vader Star Destroyer lower handle, and the original Sears Cantina with figures (no Blue Snag though) all in great shape.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that this is not a sight you want to see when you are waiting for a shipment of SW books from Amazon US.

19. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Picked up some goodies today at my Walmart. They have a wide selection of awesome shirts of characters' heads. I picked up two today:

-Darth Maul shirt
    -Boba Fett shirt
    -Star Wars Command Clone Trooper Clash set
    -Star Wars Command Droid Destruction set
    -Star Wars tumbler cup

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought my Amazon US order containing books The Phantom of Menace (SW Shakespeare) and How Star Wars Conquered the Universe by Chris Taylor.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Received Lords of the Sith and Ultimate Star Wars today! Also got an R2 shirt at Walmart yesterday. Was also looking for the cereals with the posters inside, but my store hasn't gotten them in yet. :(

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Lords of the Sith isn't out til the 30th on Amazon UK. I'll probably toss an order in after the holiday weekend if I don't see it in town next week.. Lit forum is going to town on Ultimate Star Wars..

23. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Got some great Star Wars Day deals on games! Bought the Star Wars Collection 2015 on Steam! 14 epic games for $23? Great deal! And bought Revenge of the Sith off the PlayStation Store for PS3! Glad I can finally play one of my favorite SW games on PS3! Also got the digital movie collection theme for my PS3/PS4. It's free so everyone that has a PlayStation jump on it!

Grievousdude likes this.
  24. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002

Thanks for the reminder on the cereal with the posters in it. I will be shopping tonight. I think it was General Mills?

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I was looking for them too. My mom sent me one from home (ROTS) and I had no idea it was coming so when I opened the package and saw what was in it I grinned like a kid on Christmas lol (I am in college).

whostheBossk likes this.