main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Found three of the new wave of Black Series 6 inch figures at Target:

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I also managed to catch the last of the new wave at Target. The one I wanted, the Imperial Commander, was left. Been very busy again, deliveries include lot of vintage figures, card backs (finally have Hoth Leia, ESB R2 & C3PO), carded IG-88 in bad shape, star cases finally, vintage weapons including Leia blaster and endor pistols! Just need blue leia pistol and Droopy flute to finish off regular vintage set of weapons! Insider Magazine lot, POTF card backs, AOTC Republic Gunship almost complete great ship to display, Mini Rig lot, Cloud Car Pilot with original accessories, carded 12 back Jawa with cut sides, and Ewok Village drum and net. Also sold a ton on Ebay to compensate which we collectors must do to afford everything. Also new Job helps. Involves a lot of late nights selling and then packaging, but I'm so close to finishing off Vintage collection.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Never mind the Black Series figures, I want that Slave I in the pic..

4. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Cody and Boushh Leia look good. Definitely getting those when they turn up here.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Loving the new plush toy! :)

[​IMG]

And I got some more concept drawings for the second season of the Ewoks cartoon. Most are copies.

Final version, page 1
    [​IMG]

Final version, page three, copy.
    [​IMG]

Version with "eyes like bookworm glasses", page 2 of 4, copy
    [​IMG]

Version with "eyes like bookworm glasses", page 4 of 4, copy
    [​IMG]

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ewok Poet - that's a really cute Teebo! Love the drawings :)

I found a Jakks Pacific Rebels Ezra today at Goodwill - that's now the second of those big guys that I've picked up.I'd also gotten what I think were a bunch of the small Unleashed figures. Clones, Aayla Secura, Yoda were in the mix.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Grrr just got my giant box of playsets and they're smoky smelling. I just LOVE treating toys for smoke smells. Guess I'm going to buy myself some vinegar.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    So just put vinegar in a back and drop the toys inside, close and open up the next day?

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'll need to get a couple of tubs, put some water in w/ vinegar. My sister pointed out that I won't want to put anything that has stickers on it IN the water, the vinegar will destroy them, so I'll have to put racks inside to hold them above it and then seal the tub up for a while. It's the fumes from the vinegar that counters the smoke, although hard plastic does well w/ getting doused in the vinegar water, anything w/o stickers will get dunked.

Thankfully once I got everything out of the box and everything cooled down (I'm in AZ) the smell isn't quite so bad, it just got bad because everything got hot. Vinegar treatment should help to get a bunch of the smell out though. The guy also took everything apart to stuff it all into the box, so now I also get the joy of being a detective and try to figure out what parts go w/ what when I want to reassemble everything...grrrrrr!

This all just pisses me off - I sell on ebay. If I pick up stuff and find out after the fact that it's smokey smelling I try to destink it thoroughly. If I can't - I don't resell it. I have a big batch of dolls I bought last summer that I'm still trying to get the smoke stink out of and refuse to do anything w/ them until they no longer smell smokey.

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I know it's a lot of work, but to be able to enjoy these great joy Star Wars items is well worth it. I buy on Ebay as you know and spend considerable time cleaning every item I get just because you never know.
    This week's find...lot of vintage figures from ROTJ including Endor Leia and B-Wing Pilot with their authentic pistols and Mellennium Falcon training ball to go with the stick to finally complete the one and only Falcon!

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Fortunately I've never had an item arrive smelling of smoke. I have had a few things show up smelling a bit musty. Likely because they were items that had been chilling in someone's basement for 30 years :p.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Eeek. Plain vinegar = agony. The water here is very hard (we suspect that they don't use enough softening-whatever-things) and my mother pours vinegar in the electric kettle every month or so. I always feel like I will barf all of my internal organs out from that smell. Do these toys just change from one horrible smell to another like that? :s

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Strangely no. I had a batch of Barbie dolls that I bought who were all smokey. The dolls w/ the hard plastic bodies I dunked all of those in my vinegar solution and the 2 smells neutralized each other out. I also used Apple Vinegar - I don't know if that smelled any better but it seemed ok. I'd rather smell vinegar than cigarette smoke.

The softer plastic legs on some bodies and heads on the dolls the vinegar reduced the smell but it didn't go away. I've got them sitting in a tub w/ fabric softener sheets still trying to get them to normalize before I can do anything with them. Smoke is a nightmare for doll hair or clothing/soft goods.

It's a pain and sometimes it's just not worth it to try to destink things. I had twice this winter I got giant batches of doll hair (that I root into the Barbie heads) that reeked of smoke. That pissed me off. Who the HELL would want to use nasty stinking doll hair? Ewww. Smokers just don't realize how foul that stuff is and that it ruins collectibles and everything else the smoke touches.

I try my best though to get it out, I love to restore and save toys. I have a couple of Unleashed figures that I'd gotten that were smokey - put them in a bucket filled w/ fabric softener sheets and forgot about them for 2 years, by the time I got them they were only lightly smokey smelling so they are now on display. But seriously, what a pain.

whostheBossk - congrats on the training ball! My Falcon still has a LOONNGG way to go to be complete...slowly but surely.

Juke Skywalker - the fabric softener treatment gets out musk smell.

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Apple vinegar is the one I like the taste and smell of, so...that's good news. Thank you. :)

15. WadiumArcadium

Nov 27, 2014
    Got my first Black series figure the other day. It was the standard Stormtrooper. He looks fantastic and the articulation's fantastic.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Areas of the UK have real hard water as well. (I'm in one..) Here they sell descaling kits for kettles and other appliances. This is what one of the local chain stores has. Don't know if there are similar items available in your country.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Pretty sure it's got to exist somewhere, I just never looked. Will look it up.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Used some Amazon points and ordered the Ultimate Star Wars book and had enough points left over to order a Funko Pop Han Solo bobble-head. They arrived today; and I'm really glad I got this book...only had time to briefly go through it but it looks awesome.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently the universe doesn't want me to buy playsets. I just received my vintage Jawa playset...and IT reeks of cigarette smoke. Paypal dispute opened for that turkey...grrrrr!

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issues 65-68 of the SW Fact Files today. and I finally got my subscription gift Fett figure! We had a choice of Bob Fett or Darth Maul so you know who I went for. You can see a pic of both figures here.

Boba is about 7 inches tall and is a proper statue - not a plastic figure. He looks pretty good!

21. WadiumArcadium

Nov 27, 2014
    Looks really nice. Can't have enough Boba's.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Books and Fetts - they take up more space than me..

23. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Mail order this week included last 17 Han with Carbonite, vintage Snowspeeder harpoon with cable, lot of vintage figures in ok
    shape.

24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Not bad! Is your vintage collection coming together well now?

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We need photos...

whostheBossk likes this.