main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Heh, I gave up on collecting print books. I do it all digitally now. It's the only way I can have everything.

Jedi Daniel and whostheBossk like this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well thanks to her being soooo limited edition, my D23 2015 Disney Store Leia will remain in her box. I'm hoping they'll do a store version so she can come out - or I can pick up another cheaper than what I paid for this one.

Gosh she's what doll collectors have wanted forever. Her dress is double lined, real hair, nicely articulated body (from what I can see - hands and knees. And she's got flat boots on. She's just beautiful.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Went to Wizard World Chicago this weekend but had kind of a limited budget since the Force Awakens figures come out next week.....but I did pick up Star Wars Omnibus vol. 3, a hardcover copy of Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin and a Bib Fortuna Funko Pop figure.

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Couple of weeks to go. Who else is saving up? Received my vintage Tie Fighter battery cover to complete it.

5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Got a Darth Vader cereal bowl, the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack, The Empire Strikes Back soundtrack and The Han Solo Adventures for my birthday recently.

6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Went to JCPennys and saw they had SW shirts on sale for 7.50. Picked up three, it was such a good deal. No doubt making way for some TFA shirts.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Picked up the October Empire Magazine with TFA on the cover (I got the Villain cover). Also picked up the standard issue of The Art of Film Volume I: Star Wars magazine in town. You can see a description of this here. There is a limited hardcover edition but I only saw the standard softcover one at retail. For UK folks I got mine at WH Smiths and it was £9.99. I took a quick look through and it looks pretty good. As well at the OT/PT films the Rebels series and TFA are represented. (Don't think there are any spoilers for the latter.)

8. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014

Love the cover of the Art of Film magazine. Might pick it up if I see it. I picked up Empire today as well. I went for the First Order cover - the art's great but the lack of any new info was a tad disappointing.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't read my Empire yet - maybe I'll have time today. I'd have gone for the hardcover on the Art of Film if WH Smith had it. They just had a couple of copies of the standard softcover.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I need to go pick a couple of copies of that this weekend. Out at thrift stores yesterday I got a part for a big Clone Wars ship (never know when I'll need that,) a Galactic Hero ANH Luke, and R2-D2 3 3/4" figure, and a plush Goofy as Darth Vader.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I read the Empire today. Apart from the cover I think I could have saved my money. On the plus side, I now know a few upcoming films I want to see..

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Eh well I don't overly expect them to say much considering they're being really tight over story spoilers. I want the cover for going in my display.

13. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Gaaaaah!! Got two The Force Awakens shirts at my Walmart tonight!! I got the one with the logo and Kylo and troopers, and the BB-8 one!! They rang up restricted, but the cashier manually put them in! Will be perfect to wear tomorrow night to pick up Star Wars Disney Infinity!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently paying your cashiers peanuts for wages doesn't encourage them to argue with customers over whether they can sell products to you or not. Great score!

15. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Picked up the Star Wars Disney Infinity PS4 starter pack along with Obi-Wan Kenobi! Such a fun game!! Loving the Twilight of the Republic play set!

16. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Picked up a bunch of Infinity items. I believe that this is everything that's available right now. The store exclusives Rebels figures were well-stocked at their respective stores, which means that I'll be returning the ones that I pre-ordered when I thought they would be hard to find. I've put a few hours into Twilight of the Republic so far, and I'm enjoying it. Not all that deep gameplay wise, but it should be interesting to see what the Infinity Community comes up with in terms of toyboxes. I can see myself playing off and on until Battlefront comes out. Anyone else pick this game up?

[​IMG]

17. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm loving it on PS4!! Twilight of the Republic is fun. Love seeing all the iconic places on each planet, and pod racing is a blast!

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Found a Walmart gift card I forgot about so I picked up the Star Wars Disney Inifinity starter for the X-Box One along with the Kanan figure....didn't have to spend much of my own money so I still have plenty available for Force Friday! :)

19. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Picked up the Kanan Jarrus Disney Infinity figure (he's so fun to play as), and got Star Wars Rebels season one on Blu-Ray in the UPS finally!

20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    My wal-mart never even got any Infinity 3.0 figures. Oh wait. They did. They just "aren't allowed to put them out till Friday."

Wal-mart. I swear.

21. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Really? Hm.... Walmart is screwed up when it came to this game. I went up Saturday night at midnight to pick it up, but the guy working said they won't be released till Tuesday. So I picked it up at GameStop Sunday morning, and decided to see if they were even gonna have a spot for it at Walmart, and there it was, sitting on the shelf along with the new figures.

But I think it's kinda cool your Walmart is saving it for Force Friday, makes it even bigger of an event.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I checked in at Target today and they had the figures out, when they've made a point to not put out any Force Friday stuff yet. I'm tempted to go to the midnight launch, since they're apparently raffling off a big stuffed Chewbacca. :D

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was in Target a few hours ago and there were several empty shelves, at least five, with Star Wars labels on them.

My wallet turned a somersault in my purse and I heard a weak "Oh hell" whispered from its depths.

24. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Got a ton of merchandise!

-Kylo Ren Black Series
    -Rey/BB-8 Black Series
    -Phasma 3 3/4 figure
    -Rey 3 3/4 figure
    -Finn 3 3/4 figure
    -Stormtrooper 3 3/4 figure
    - 6 posters and 1 pull out poster book
    - Kylo 3 3/4 armor up figure
    - Kylo cup
    - Kylo lightsaber ( extendable one)
    -Luke lightsaber (extend. One)
    -Jar Jar Hero Masher
    - Star Wars Trivia Game
    -Kylo shirt

The books I wanted, but the guy said a vendor does that and they'll be out today.

25. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Went to Wal-Mart once several hours after the fact and passed on the leftovers. Went back an hour later when a friend called and said he hadn't found much when he got off work and really wanted a 6" Kylo Ren. Couldn't resist the second time, so I grabbed a Kylo and a 6" 1st Order Stormtrooper for my self.