main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Finding minty white vintage stormtroopers is always a nice find!

2. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    My mother just bought me the Boba Fett hoodie from Hot Topic :)

TrakNar likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Is that the Marc Ecko hoodie? If so I have that one.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So thanks to a late-arriving Christmas gift from the US, I now have a vintage (1983) Boba Fett Cake Pan.. :p

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Awesome! I only have a one modern Vader one - those are cool!

6. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Nope... this one's a little different from his version, it has the "nametag" on the left side, and lacks the white scuffing on the front of the helmet/hood. The colors are a little different too. There's a photo here if you'd like to compare. :)

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That is a bit different. I found the Ecko one in a local discount store for about 1/3 of the retail price - lucky me! They had a Vader as well but I only wanted the Fett. It's a bit big so I only wear it at home but it's nice and warm!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well 2 Gentle Giant mini-busts that I bought from another collector arrived today (not from here.) One of the busts had 3 tiny fragile parts on it come loose and need repair, the other bust is fine. He didn't charge me enough for shipping and I ended up owing at the Post Office. Obviously this guy doesn't do ebay....they really weren't packed very well. *Sigh*

The bust w/ the damage was Zam Wessell - Luckily I think her repairs will be pretty easy it was just the extremely delicate little pieces on her helmet and the top of her cape that were affected. I got her cheap, so I'm not complaining....much. She really is beautiful, I think she might be one of the prettiest busts made simply because of how her cape flows and her outfit color makes her very unique looking. The other bust I got was the Slave Leia mini-bust. She's nice. I usually shy away from getting Slave Leia stuff because they're often sculpted to look somewhat...alluring? Slutty? This one was not done that way - it's nice.

Just got my email notice that my Sebulba/Anakin 2 pack will process tomorrow. Then I've got a Bespin Han Solo bust coming soon too.

As of this moment my spending is at a halt with the exception of any pre-orders that I have out there - bank finally came through and my sister and I will be making the biggest purchase of our lives - we're getting a house! I'll finally have a permanent place for my shrine! Woot!

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Latest issue of Insider. Then I browsed eBay for stuff that I want to buy at some point.

Congratulations on getting a house, PLJ! [:D]

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Congrats, PLJ!

I broke Jango's antenna on one of my minibusts. Superglue took care of it but you have to be careful for drips. If you try that route think your plan out in advance before doing the actual fix.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks Traknar!

LAJ - yeah I had to fix my Greedo mini-bust a few years ago, I dropped him and a couple of his fingers broke. I figure I'll wait to repair Zam when I've got my craft room fully set up.

12. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    A couple vintage figures join the growing family: Big head Han and sandperson.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I bought the last TVC figure of Kithaba at Wal-mart earlier this week, and then earlier today, I bought a previously-displayed Kotobukiya ArtFX Zuckuss figure for $50! I just simply could not justify spending $100 or more for the figure, so when I saw a pre-owned figure up for sale in near-mint condition (no box), I had to snap that one up.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't have any boxed Kotos - they're all on display.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Awesome deal there! Yeah I like picking stuff up that's loose and without boxes. If you're not a box fanatic, man can you pick up GREAT deals. I think I got my Medicom Anakin 1/6 scale figure for like $56 because I got him previously displayed. I'm usually nervous about getting mini-busts w/o boxes though. With their own packaging at least they've got 1/2 a chance of getting to you in one piece.

You'll have to photograph your Koto and share pics!

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    When it gets here next week whenever, I plan to. In the meantime, I'd better start rearranging my stuff so there's room...

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Just ordered a vintage R2-D2. I must say I'm having a blast collecting vintage! It's more fun than going into walmart and seeing the TPM vintage collection wave time after time...

Who's the Bossk likes this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I often buy loose figures online, when possible. Cheaper, and I free them from their packaging anyway, so why pay for that?

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I remember the thrill of finding vintage figs and filling in holes in my collection. I'm down to 2 figures to complete the set. Maybe after I get everything set up in my new room I'll try to track them down...course they're wicked rare and expensive though. Still got a few vintage playsets that I'd love - would love the Death Star Playset (because I drooled endlessly over it as a kid) and the Ewok village. I'd also love the Geonosis arena playset...I know, not vintage but it would be fun cramming my Ackley, Reek, and Nexu in it along w/ figures.

Are you getting yours loose or on cards?

I totally agree.

20. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Definitely going loose. I have a couple vintage carded but that is way too expensive for me to get into.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Gentle Giant Anakin/Sebulba set arrived today - Ani looks nice but Sebulba is AMAZING! Click for pics/review!

22. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    For the past 2 weeks I bought these figures

Wedge
    Kitahaba
    Weequay skiff guard
    the newer Vintage Collection Weequay figure based on the classic 1983 Weequay
    Legacy Collection Willrow Hood aka Ice Cream Maker guy - needed to get him for the arm piece for HK-50
    Jar Jar Binks
    Aayla Secura

Now im buying older stuff from 30th Anniversary to Legacy Collection to do alot of catching up.

anyone know whats a good R2-D2 figure to get along with a good decent C3PO?

23. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    The VOTC R2 from 2004 is outstanding. As for C-3P0, he was pretty much perfect in the 06 saga collection with the Ewok throne. I would say the 3PO from the Vintage collection but he is waaaay too short.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, I decided to go on a bit of an eBay shopping spree this evening... I bought the PotJ 12" 4-LOM figure, loose (already bought Zuckuss, loose, at CVI) and a die-cast Titanium Series Mist Hunter. Then, I hit up Amazon and completed my Ren & Stimpy collection at long last, but they're unrelated. :p

25. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Ugh, Jealous! I'd kill for one of those! I'd easily settle for a Storm Trooper or Vader however. :)