main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I went to Goodwill last night and got another parts is parts vehicle. I got a Republic Gunship. It's from 2000 so it's either the Vintage collection or Attack of the Clones one - it's very large. And of course it's missing pieces. It's got 1 wing and both of the side gun things and the core. So I've got another project ship to work on rebuilding. For $3.99 it was pretty clean and a good deal.

[​IMG]

2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Those were my favorite ships in the entire series for a long time. I had one as a kid, and played with it CONSTANTLY! Same with my Lego version! Clones were awesome!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Padme, it's amazing that you're finding decent toys at thrift stores. The thrift stores around me typically just have junk & very little that's worthwhile, including toys. Heck, they still have VHS tapes & music cassettes (I have to laugh, since I haven't had a VCR since the '90's, and my last cassette player crapped out last year).

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well the one I got looks nowhere near as nice as the photo above, it's definitely a work in progress. But I live in an area w/ tons of families (I live close to not one but TWO Mormon Temples....yes not churches, but Temples.) So there are TONS of kids around me. Phoenix is an area where people are very nomadic, they're constantly moving and tossing out stuff.

Today My Hot Toys Luke and Ben Kenobi came, I decided to finally photograph them along w/ my Sideshow X-Wing Luke and R2-D2 both who I got last month. More photos will be posted in another thread, but here's a preview:

[​IMG]

5. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    Yay!

[​IMG]

Skellybobs likes this.
  6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I checked out all the photos on Facebook! They look great! They really do! :D

Skellybobs and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks Gamma626 :D I'm really impressed w/ Ben, he didn't come w/ tons of accessories but man is he a beautiful figure. Even his hands show age on them.

I'm going to grab My Han and Chewie and photograph them all together, then I need to figure out where I'm going to display my new Luke and Ben. I think a full rearrangement of one of my Detolf shelves is in order.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Guh I went looking online for parts for my Republic Gunship and I have at least 6 major parts to replace - I'm looking at $20-30 a piece to replace them. Bleh... Here's hoping I find another one w/ other random parts that I can cannibalize at another thrift shop.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe you can find one cheap on eBay..

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah no, cheap ones like the one I have people rip them apart and sell it off as parts :(

11. Linda Jewell

Linda Jewell Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2016
    I found Star Wars Shop on Fjackets.com and still confused what to buy from there.

12. Robert Power

Robert Power Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2016
    I bought the Tie Fighter table from this Star Wars Furniture page. Am also weighing up the Han Solo in carbonite fridge OR table but not sure which yet :)

whostheBossk and Skellybobs like this.
  13. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Bought a pack of Galactic Connexions series 2, got some good ones including Zeb, Ezra, and Poe Dameron!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well this was a nice pleasant surprise. I had long ago pre-ordered the Yavin Celebration Han Solo bust from Gentle Giant and he finally came in. After the disastrous looking Bespin Han I was really on the fence about getting him and wasn't overly excited about him coming. He came tonight - and he looks GREAT! I'd been putting off putting the Yavin Luke on pre-order because I felt that there was something off w/ him but I think I'll bite and put him on order also after I get paid.

Now if they'd only hurry up and get Leia out (she's on the agenda.)

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Delivery man brought a package from Amazon UK earlier. One of the things in it was the Darth Vader: Shadows and Secrets comic tpb.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I also got some comics from Amazon this week- trades 1 and 3 of Knight Errant.

Slowly but surely I'm getting all the Dark Horse Legends TPBs.

17. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Rise of the Empire playset and Yoda figure for Disney Infinity

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I went to the grocery store and couldn't believe my eyes there was actually a 6" Black Series Rey on the shelf along w/ a black tie fighter pilot amongst the sea of Finns and Chewies. I didn't need either, but it's nice seeing Hasbro's sending more Reys out.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Finally ordered the Disney Store Kylo Ren lightsaber. After watching numerous videos on it and seeing it in person last month when I went to see TFA I had to get it. Can't wait, looks and feels great when holding it!

20. Robert Power

Robert Power Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2016
    Have just ordered Star Wars Monopoly for the nephews but I want to keep it for myself lol.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Picked up a Luke (Tatooine) Funko Pop figure at the comic shop today.

22. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Picked up the RotS Toys 'R' Us exclusive holographic Yoda action figure :)

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well I finally went ahead and bought a Finn 6 inch Black Series figure since there are like 10 at every store and nothing else new I needed.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Rebels Darth Vader & Ahsoka Tano 2 pack

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought issues 93-96 of the SW Fact Files today. I also caught another TFA viewing in town. Checked the usual stops for SW stuff afterwards but didn't find any figures I wanted. I did pick up the Skywalker Strikes comic tpb in one of the bookstores though.