main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Finally picked up Boba Fett for Disney Infinity and now have all Star Wars characters and play sets released so far (until later this year).

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So I went to town with a list of SW books that have come out either today or recently. Not a single one at either of two bookstores! Did pick up Issue 119 of SciFiNow magazine which has an article on Rogue One. (Haven't read that yet). So Amazon UK will get my money for Vader Down, Bloodlines, and TFA Tales. Didn't help that the local Waterstones is in the middle of rearranging the upstairs area where SciFi and Horror is.

Giovs likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    My sister had to goto Walmart so I went in and scored a killer "after-holiday sale" item. I picked up "Bloodlines" and a Funko Pop old Han, but I scored a Legendary Yoda by Spinmaster for $40! Woot! Woot! (He's the voice activated electronic one.)

4. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    It's been a while since last time, so let's keep it up:
    - Black Series 6 '' Captain Phasma
    - Black Series 6'' First Order Flametrooper
    - Black Series Cantina Showdown Set with Han and Greedo (Got it for Greedo, already have the A New Hope Han, but it's a nice looking set, too bad the chairs and table are not made of plastic. Shame on you, Hasbro)
    - Updated Characters Encyclopedia
    - Tales V. 1 - Aliens
    - The Force Awakens Blu-ray
    - Bloodline novel (waiting for it)
    - Vader Down TPB (waiting for it)

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Picked up a vintage Kenner X-Wing on eBay. Paid $78.00, but that's been about the going rate of late (heck, I've been seeing just the canopy alone selling for $30.00), and it's nice and white with good stickers and a clear cockpit canopy.

whostheBossk and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Delivery man brought an Amazon UK delivery a little while ago - had Bloodline, Vader Down, and SW TFA Tales vol 1 Aliens. Bloodline will be next on the reading list.

7. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    Trying to get my Imperial collection finished seeing how being a completist when it comes to acquiring everything ever made is next to impossible. Plus I am more of an Imperial/Sith aficionado than anything. My major focus is on Jurassic Park (and dinosaurs) with a minor focus on Transformers with only collecting Megatron figures, a few of the iterations of Galvatron, and a few other Decepticons that stand out. I'm a fan of the bad guys. :p

So I made a list on Amazon of all the affiliated Imperials, Sith, droids, and even the additions made by Star Wars Rebels that there are figures of at present. I'm keeping to the 3.75/4 inch scale for the moment and mostly the older stuff seeing how the Black series hasn't made any major contributions to the Imperial forces I want to have. Though I do have an eye out on the Black Series 6 inch Palpatine.

I recently acquired the POTF2 AT-ST (replacing my Vintage version), Legacy Collection Vader with 2-piece removable helmet that actually fits and sits better than what I expected (and is the best Vader I've ever had actually), and a POTF2 TIE fighter pilot to help fill out those ranks as I had a TIE Fighter without a pilot.

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Nice to know I'm not the only one collecting Jurassic Park :)

9. TyrannosaurTJ

May 7, 2016

Ah. Hey there then. :)

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    When you guys say "Jurassic Park", are you talking new stuff or the vintage tie-in line for the first movie by Kenner?

11. TyrannosaurTJ

May 7, 2016
    I'm referring to both Hasbro and Kenner's stuff from 1993 to now.I have almost everything at the moment, but I am just missing the new JW Owen figure with the motorcycle that came out and of course the unreleased things that I will likely never be able to get.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, I know that's a pretty extensive line. Very impressive!

13. TyrannosaurTJ

May 7, 2016
    JPToys is a good resource for comprehensive information about the Jurassic Park toy lines. I run my own Jurassic Park site with information we got from them with permission too, but we do mostly in-the-package shots so we don't step on their toes and there's a mutual link exchange for it. .

Jedi Daniel and Juke Skywalker like this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issues 109-112 of the SW Fact Files earlier today.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Picked up the Poe Disney Infinity figure today, completing my Star Wars set.

I've had absolutely no luck with Hasbro figures for a while now, bare shelves almost every time or like today hooks completely filled with the same 5 characters that have been out forever.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was in the local Entertainer today and they didn't have anything new. However what I did notice is that a couple of the card and book stores had SW displays for Father's Day gifts. It was mostly stuff like mugs, books, and plushies but you might want to check outside your normal stops in the run up to Father's Day.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah I haven't had a whole lot of time to go looking, today was the first day I've hit multiple stores in a long time, but I haven't seen any special displays or anything yet though I imagine that might start happening soon.

18. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Black Series 6'' Ahsoka Tano!
    Next month I'm gonna have to take it easy with collecting, spent too much in it this month already. :_|
    Back at it in July.

Juke Skywalker and cubman987 like this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    My Walmart is clearancing some SW stuff, so picked up Rey's speeder for $13! Great deal considering it use to be $20-25. Guess it payed off waiting for it.

Now I'm scouring Amazon constantly and waiting for them to put Ahsoka up. Seems I'm never fast enough and always miss it.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issue 165 of SW Insider earlier today.

21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Picked up Bloodline last night, really looking forward to reading this as I though Claudia Gray's Lost Stars was the best of the new Star Wars books so far.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I thought it was pretty good.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm reading Bloodlines right now my self (on page 50). I thought Lost Stars was okay and Claudia Gray seems like a solid writer, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I've read all of the new EU books since they re...whatevered the canon, and TBH the only one I really liked was Battlefront: Twilight Company. I can't recommend it enough.

24. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I picked up the Micro Machine transforming R2 and Stormtrooper playsets for $4.00 each at my local Walmart. They're marking down a lot of Star Wars stuff to make room in the toy aisle for Ghostbusters toys.

25. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Reading Bloodline too and I'm loving it so far!

Picked up a pack of Galactic Connexions series 3. Also ordered a cool The Clone Wars shirt off eBay.