main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Found Nien Nunb and FO Stormtrooper Sqaud Leader TFA figures at a local Toys R Us. I need only the unmasked Kylo Ren, Ackbar, and the 5th Brother Inquisitor and I am done with the TFA figures!

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Got 6" Black Series Leia Boushh and Farmboy Luke for my birthday. Both look excellent. Not usually a fan of the soft goods cloak/tunic mixed with the plastic, but Luke's tunic looks great.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm referring to the Kenner Jurassic Park and The Lost World lines plus Hasbro's Jurassic World.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I see. Cool, thank you. I was curious who had picked up the line after Kenner folded. I guess Hasbro got the rights when they acquired Kenner (ala Star Wars).

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    That's correct. It's not the same however. Even though I collect the Jurassic World items, the quality is not there like it was with Kenner.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Sadly that's true of the Star Wars line in some respects.

7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Vintage Weequay and Paploo moc, Vader & Snaggletooth backcards, Cloud Car complete in Great shape, TFA troopers many from Meijer sale, lot of 20 starcases, lot of figures mix of modern, POTF2 3d diorama Mos Eisley, lot of 30 army builders, lot of 50, lot of 22, vintage Bossk rifles Ewok hoods, lot of modern weapons, Lando with teeth, POTF Imperial gunner with coin & blaster!, Han with small head, lot of 16 Sand person cape, lot of 34, lot of 76 pieces, capes,Imperial Dignitary coin, Octupterra droid.
    Ewok Catapult, ROTJ Shuttle box, loose modern weapons, Anikans Pod racer at showshow

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I got out of breath just reading that :eek:. Great haul, whostheBossk!

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Really need to see pics of your collection whostheBossk

Oh I guess this counts - I picked up a vintage yellowed Y-Wing w/ zero attachments at Goodwill last night [face_party]

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  10. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    So would you recommend Farmboy Luke? I'm also not a fan of soft goods and I'm on the fence about picking up this figure. In the pictures and videos I saw I didn't think it looked that great... I've already skipped the Emperor because of this reason, but I really would like to have a Farmboy Luke in my 6'' collection.

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Used an Amazom gift card to get a TFA Admiral Ackbar figure at only a slight mark up. Also my cousin saw this at her boyfriend's family garage sale and correctly thought I would want it:

[​IMG]

It's made of poster board and they said it was from a video store or something from 1990 so I think it was an ad for the trilogy being released on VHS around that time.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I was pleasantly surprised how good he looked. I also skipped the Emperor because of what looked like wonky soft goods. I say "looked like" because I never saw one in person, but online he looked like my Uncle Joe with the flu wearing an ill fitting house robe. But the material they used for Luke's tunic looks good and is cut well. Best Luke so far IMO.

I snapped a quick pic to let you get a better look at him.

[​IMG]

Giovs likes this.
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Finally found a Resistance Outfit Rey at Target today!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  14. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up Vader pillow, table cloth with characters, TFA blanket, Kylo Ren mug, and Vader lightsaber all for $20 at Walmart clearance.

15. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013

Thanks a lot! I'll consider buying him.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    You're welcome. Good luck whatever you decide. He's tough to find in the wild right now.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Just picked up one of my Holy grails. Unused vintage Star Wars lunchbox. Been chasing this one for a long time. Not many mint/unused ones show up, and when they do they go for big bucks--and that price has only going up in the last year or so. Missed out on a few recently, but came home this morning and this one was freshly listed w/a $280 buy it now and I snagged it.

That gives me 3 of the 4 original vintage lunchboxes in mint, unused condition. I have the other, but it's the one from my childhood and "well loved" :p.

18. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Oh cool, photos please!

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    SensationalSean, I just won it off of eBay this morning, but as soon as it arrives I'll post some pics :D.

20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice, congrats. I still have my original ROTJ lunch box with Luke in Jabba's Palace on front. One of my all time favorites for sure from the collection.

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    whostheBossk nice. Having the ones we had as kids makes them extra special doesn't it? I still have my TESB box (the light blue one with the actual pictures from the movie, not artwork). It even has my name on it because there were so many kids at my school who had that box I kept coming home with the wrong one so my Mom got out her label maker and branded it.

I won the ROTJ recently myself. The artwork on those old metal lunchboxes is just amazing. Honestly, if I had to collect only one thing it might be vintage LBs. I even love ones that are from shows, toys and movies I don't otherwise care about.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Dropped by my local (as in the only one left within a 50 miles radius) K-Mart today and was pleasantly surprised that they had at least five exclusive Starkiller Base Reys on the shelf. Now my set is complete!

[​IMG]

As a side note, I really like how the two character portraits line up when the boxes are arranged like this. I may just keep both of them in box, even though the bases are meant to connect.

xyloren, Juke Skywalker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, K-Marts used to be a dime a dozen, now I have to drive nearly a half hour to get to the nearest one. Can't recall the last time I even bothered. It's a shame because growing up that was my go-to place for toys. Congrats on completing your set!

whostheBossk and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My vintage SW lunchbox arrived, and it really is immaculate. Couldn't be happier with it. SensationalSean as promised, a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]