main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I liked Life Debt as well - it was pretty good.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LOL my Funko Wompa showed up - that is one HUGE head on him.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Hey, all, The Hasbro Toy Shop will have the exclusives on sale- AUGUST 9th.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18300

When will the Comic Con exclusives be available on the site? Although subject to change, we are planning on having the Convention Exclusives available to order on Tuesday, August 9th.The product will be located in the EXCLUSIVES category. No phone orders will be accepted. All Convention Exclusives are excluded from any promotions and discounts.
    What will the limits be for the figures? The limits will be the same at the show and on the site once they go live. These limits are per person and per household.
    Can I get on a waiting list for Comic Con items? No, HasbroToyShop.com does not have a waiting list for any items including Comic Con items.
    Can I preorder Comic Con items? No. We will not be preselling the Comic Con items.

The Link:
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/hts...y:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:

No idea when they specifically release. Last year apparently it was 12PM EST/9AM PST so no idea.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Good info, Darthmaul208! Probably gonna take a stab at Obi-Wan. The odds will be long, but so were the odds of hitting the exhaust port on the Death Star!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Had to resort to eBay for my last few TFA 3.75 inch figures. Found Ackbar and the 5th Brother Inquisitor for very reasonable prices. I also found that Hasbro has some direct sales via eBay and snagged both the Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett Armor Up figures there as well. I believe this leaves me with just the Amazon FO Troop pack, Poe's X Wing, both TIE Fighters, and Kylo without his mask and I'm DONE with the TFA assortment.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My pile of Gamestop Pops showed up - it's a good thing I'm not a box collector - their exclusive Hoth Han and the Gamorrean Guard have a giant security stickers on the front of the packaging and my SDCC Yavin Ceremony Luke's box is a little crunched :mad: My Ep 7 Luke and Tusken Raider are fine.

7. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Well, I guess I'll be refreshing that page all day August 9th ... yay.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Didn't buy them, but I noticed some SW items in the 'back to school' section of the local Sainsburys supermarket this morning. Saw a lunchbox and a pen/pencil set. So if you're shopping for school items for yourself (or kids) you might want to keep an eye out.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My LCS had all the Funko Pops on sale today so I picked up a Hoth Luke Skywalker.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Found this on clearance for only $10 at Wal-Mart so it came home with me

[​IMG]

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice find! That's a good deal. Gonna pick that up for my Nephew if I see it.

12. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Target and Walmart are putting a lot of TFA items on clearance right about now. I suspect we'll likely see the same thing this time next year with Rogue One merch as well.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought issue #167 of SW Insider earlier today.

14. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Went to Walmart after reading that the last wave of TFA 3.75 Black Series figures were shipping again. At first, all I could find in the Star Wars section were the same Poe/Finn/Endor Han that have been on the pegs of this particular Walmart for months. I was about to give up when I noticed a stack of figures on top of the toy shelf. I read Princess Leia on the side of one box, so I reached up (it pays to be tall) and put the pile of Black Series boxes on a lower shelf to pick through. And what should I find but one (and only one) of each of the new figures:

[​IMG]

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Turned my focus back to SW and won a vintage Leia. Been chasing this one for a while. She makes 57 of the original Kenner line for me.

whostheBossk and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Got the Kylo Ren Celebration exclusive from HTS! Really awesome figure, beautifully packaged.

17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @StarWarsFreak93 Was the packaging alright? I've seen reports that some people have received them damaged? The Packaging that is, no the contents.

18. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Darth Vader v.1 Hardcover

19. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    I was birthday gift shopping at Toys R Us and noticed that they still had at lot of the TFA vehicles and shelf warmer action figures. I had not yet picked up the TRU exclusive FO TIE Fighter, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and get one before Rogue One merch takes over. The price tag on the shelf read $42.99, however, the clerk rang it up for me and it came to $29.99 at the register. I double checked the receipt and verified all of this. Needless to say, if you're wanting the TRU exclusive 2 seater FO TIE Fighter, then now would be a good time to grab one. They had about 4-5 on the shelf and only the first one had some damage to the packaging, all the others showed little to no shelf wear and tear.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They had a few good figures on clearance at Walmart, so I got Chewbacca (complete with battle armor!), since god knows whatever happened to my Chewie from 20 years ago (though I do still have his SOTE figure).

21. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    These weren't on my radar at all but my Walmart pulled these from some dark forgotten corner in the back and put them on clearance. $80.00 worth of toys for only twenty bucks!

[​IMG]

22. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I discovered that my Han Solo and Tauntaun has a production error. The left foot stirrups is backwards. Han can't sit in the saddle because his left foot won't go in. I can't turn it around because it's molded right into the plastic saddle piece. Has anyone else seen this before?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Heck of a deal! I got both of mine on markdown, but nowhere near that low. Wal-Mart is so random with their markdowns you really do have to be Johnny on the spot to score. Congrats.

I haven't come across that error w/the stirrup before, and doing a quick Google didn't turn up any mentions of other instances. Must just be a random fluke. Will he not still sit up there anyway? If so, you could always display him angled so you see them from the right side.

On my SW collecting front, a friend and fellow collector needed to clear some room for his ever growing mini-bust collection and offered me two Gentle Giant statutes of his at a great price. I got the Han and Luke mounted on Tauntauns for $100 total. Really nice pieces. These days I only collect vintage era items, but these two pieces were too nice and too good a deal to pass up. Particularly since TESB is my favorite.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Speaking of Gentle Giant - my Yavin Celebration Luke Skywalker mini-bust showed up today. I like that they changed out his facial expression, originally it was a kind of goofy smile but now he's contemplative. My only issue is that his medal doesn't want to lay flat, I'm going to have to figure out what to do about that.

I ordered him late (last month) and got #102/1000 - Woot!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent. Yeah, my same friend got his and he made the same comment about the face.