main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    Grabbed a Stormtrooper Troop Builder set from the Saga collection for under 30 dollars and a Saga/AotC Emperor's Royal Guard so I could retire my PotF2 ERG and add to my other 3 Saga/AotC Royal Guards I picked up previously several years ago before I took my break from SW collecting. I know the Vintage/Black Series has a lot going for it, but I love the Saga ones as a personal preference. I found the Saga ERG for under 5 dollars or so and it was decently priced like the troop builder set I mentioned already. My diorama is coming together slowly but surely, going to throw some effort into more droids, more troopers, and maybe the Death Star Detention block playset to add a bit more variety to my setup.

The rest of my money went to the Ultimate Edition of Star Wars Battlefront (it was on sale for 30 on Origin) and I've been playing that frequently to hone my skills so I can jump into multiplayer games. I'm looking forward to improving with it.

2. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    finally got a chance to grab some photos in this week's snow.
    [​IMG]

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Subtext Mining rad picture! That looks like my back yard circa winter of 1980!

4. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    Those vintage figures look awesome together in the snow. Very nice!

5. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Black Series 6'' Ben Kenobi

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I think the ANH Obi-Wan has the best likeness of any figure in the 6" Black Series thus far. They absolutely nailed Alec Guinness.

Giovs likes this.
  7. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Indeed, the face sculpt is very very good in this figure!
    My Girlfriend just got back from Australia, and she brought me a lot of Star Wars stuff:
    [​IMG]

:D

8. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Star Wars: Galactic Atlas book arrived with the mail today.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Put the Holiday/End of Year bonus from my job to good use and snagged the AT-ACT from TRU. Several were on the shelves but had boxes with some serious shelf wear. This one only had minor dings. Planning on spending the weekend opening and messing around with it!

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Got a Jyn Erso Funko POP today!

cubman987 and Giovs like this.
  11. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Kanan omnibus hardcover arrived today!

cubman987 and Darthmaul208 like this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Got a cool Deathtrooper pillow today!

Giovs likes this.
  13. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Vintage ESB Burger King glass. The one with 3P0 and R2. Now I have one for each OT film so i'm good.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My Burger King sets are amongst my favorite things in my collection and they were one of the first things I targeted when I got into collecting. I have fond memories of going on Saturdays w/my Dad to get my originals. Plus, I loved the graphics on them.

DarthMak, whostheBossk and Giovs like this.
  15. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    bought little Rey on her speeder from Wal Mart today[​IMG]

16. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Received my Empire Strikes Back Smuggler's Bounty box Friday! Won it on Funko's Facebook contest and am blown away by it! So cool. And with the next box being Rebels themed, I'll definitely be subscribing to this service!

whostheBossk, Giovs and Darthmaul208 like this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Comic haul! A comic shop near me had about a dozen SW trade paperbacks just for $5 each, so I picked up 8 trades from a few different series. :D

Giovs likes this.
  18. xyloren

Feb 19, 2016
    Was it in this thread where someone switched the heads of their unmasked Kylo with their Kmart Starkiller Base exclusive?

I want to switch them but I don't want to break anything. In the movie he didn't wear the mask during the snow fight.

19. xyloren

Feb 19, 2016

And also...why do my pictures keep disappearing? I'm doing something wrong...[face_sigh]

20. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Received my third Elite Series figure through the mail today, Poe Dameron.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Saga Reek, Vintage mail away Prune Face sealed in baggie, lot of vintage figures including Rebel Commando & Commander, B-Wing pilot, ISP-6 with box, Speeder bike and Jabba Palace instructions, Vintage Imperial Cruiser with box, POTF Skiff rudder, lot of modern figures including Darth Nihilus and Lord Maleval with one hand, 4A-7, Eopie, red battle droids, B-Wing pilot Keyan Farlander, clones, vintage Chief Chirps moc, Djas Puhr blaster, The Secrets of Shadows of the Empire book, AT-RT walker, lot of vintage including Imperial guard, Sandpeople Boba Fetts and Warok, lot of POTF2 weapons including BoSheks blaster.

cubman987 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    whostheBossk and cubman987 like this.
  23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha thanks, mostly a lot of "fill ins" but having fun doing so. Majority of the lots are broken down and some sold to make up as much the difference as possible. You already know that being a true vintage collector. How is your vintage looking? I'm very happy with mine, just have those few fill ins like instruction sheets/boxes or POTF parts which will take considerable time or money or both.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Mine's getting there. I just can't stay focused on one thing. I'll get on a roll with one of the other lines I collect, like 80s G.I. Joes, and do that for a few months. Then I'll go off on a tangent, like I did w/the 80s Tomy Tron line. Also started on my Kenner Indiana Jones collection. So basically I'm like a fly at a picnic, landing on things, nibbling, and flying off to the next thing.

I'm to the point w/my vintage SW figures that it's mostly side characters I need, so my focus has started to shift to vehicles. I also desperately want to complete my lunchbox set. I have 3 of the 4 metal lb's, mint condition. Just waiting for a mint TESB box (the one w/the movie photos) to show up on eBay.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Getting back to my SW collecting, won a vintage 12" Han Solo. Complete, clean and very sharp. This gives me 4 of the vintage 12-14" figures, along with Boba Fett, Darth Vader and of course Luke Skywalker. Gonna get the rest eventually (w/Chewbacca likely next to give Han a co-pilot), save for IG-88 who just goes for astronomical moolah. In fact, the same guy who had my Han Solo for sale also had IG-88 and he went for $250+.