main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    You know, I was just thinking the same thing. Reading the different threads on the JC has made it clear to me that perhaps I could give Sansweet a run for his money. Even though I try to stick to collecting just a core of certain characters, the collection spans a wide array of of items and decades. Another trilogy is going to require some serious willpower to keep control.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Thankfully I think I learned my lesson from Ep. I-III. Back then I was showing up at the "Midnight madness" events, buying up everything that wasn't tied down. Toys, food premiums, you name it. This past Christmas I donated all of my Ep. I-III toys to a local church my co-worker attends just to clear up some space. I know I'll get swallowed up by the hype--which is half the fun--but I'll be much more selective this time.

Listened to the lastest SWAN podcast at work last night and it seems like that Target rumor began because apparently they're getting ready to re-set their toy section and SW isn't on the new planogram. Now my guess is that could just be a temporary thing because of the delay of the new figure line. But most Target stores now have the new Class II vehicles and the new basic (very basic from what I've seen) 12" figures, so if they're not going to carry the line until the new figures hit, they would have to either mark this new stuff down or take it to thier back room, which stores typically don't like to do.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm guessing that Target corporate talked w/ Hasbro, learned their timeline for the new releases (late summer) and are working to re-do their toy aisles until the new stuff comes in. Hasbro I'm sure is going to send out all new display headers celebrating the Black series launch.

For Target this is OK, this means they can concentrate on highlighting Iron Man and Man of Steel toys w/ Star Wars getting pushed off to one side of the aisles until the time comes that the new toys come out.

4. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    That sounds reasonable. I can live with that. Right now I am in a holding pattern of buying SW myself anyway. There are only a very few things I am chasing and if I don't get them? I can live without them. I'm not addicted. I can quit anytime I want. [face_nail_biting]Ack! Did I just really say that?

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up the latest issue of Insider. Also, my 8-Bit bounty hunters shirt and X-wing ice cube tray shipped from ThinkGeek. A while back, my "Nowhere to Run" bounty hunters shirt shipped from WeLoveFine. Waiting on that statue I bid on.

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's a good point. By the time the Black series is released all of those Summer blockbusters will have run their course. But this would give Target more space in the meantime for that glut of poduct (My Wal-Marts all still had leftover Iron Man 2 figures jammed in with Avengers stuff until recently). IM3 stuff has already started showing up @ my local Wal-Mart (All just repaints of the same 5 point articulation Iron Man so far. Not impressed).

The only reason(s) this really bothers me is that I shop @ Target more than Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Meijer etc., plus it's one less outlet for me to find the "greatest hits" from TVC.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I didn't say that it wouldn't suck :p

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] Fair enough!

9. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Got the latest SW Insider issue

10. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Grabbed the vintage collection TPM Sidious today. It was one I'd put off getting 'cause I'm not too keen on the face sculpt but the collector in me just couldn't say no!

Actually, I was kinda annoyed with the card... I don't keep my Palpatines MOC (but I still keep the cards anyway) - I was in a hurry so I didn't notice until I got home that it has black stickers on the front (covering the serial numbers etc) and a HUGE one that covers the entire back of the card with info reprinted on it like this: http://polish-toys-collector-star-w...l_VC86_2012_Euro_Card_Polish_Sticker_Back.jpg - a wee bit annoying!

A minor gripe I guess but meh... Never mind, the collection grows ever on :p

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, we get those stickers in the UK as well. I think it's EU law. (Just another of the many reasons to leave the EU but I digress..).

12. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    Where'd you order the vintage R2-D2?

I'm new to collecting. Where's the best place to get collectibles? I've also noticed there's a few different type is statues :/. What's the difference between them?

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The where or what to buy all depends on your budget, interests, likes. What are you interested in?

14. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I figured it was something to do with the legal stuff. I'm UK based also (that web URL isn't mine!) but I've only ever ordered from TVC online so I've never come across it before! Yup, time to escape methinks! Maybe set up camp in San Diego in time for ComicCon! Haha :)

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have some figures bought at the local Entertainer that have the stickers.

16. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Lego Death Star play case & 3" Clone Wars Yoda Flashlight. You press his chest and light comes out of the bottom of his feet. I already have the Vader one and I love it, so I couldn't pass it up. Found them both at Target. I had to go check out to see what was going on in the SW aisle after all this talk about it. Seemed the same. Lots of TPM peg hangers, no surprise there. No other figures. Few of the cheap & not so great looking 12" - so not impressed with those.

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    So, here's my bounty hunters statue.

[​IMG]

My phone camera isn't that great. And I threw the Bounty bar in there for fun (only one store, ONE STORE in Gettysburg sells Bounty bars!). The statue's edition is: 1315/5000

JUKE-SKYWALKER and J_Girl like this.
  18. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a pretty cool statue TrakNar!

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Do you guys think $100 NZD ($82.50 USD) is a good price for the Darth Maul ArtFX statue? I saw it at my local collectors shop and thinking about getting it. It's brand new and in the box.
    [​IMG]

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    $50-60 (Not including S&H) seems to be the going rate at etailers, including eBay, here in the States. Not sure how much, if any, more difficult it is to find in New Zealand. That would definitely effect the price. If you know of any etailers based in NZ that carry SW items you could try there first, but once you factor in S&H it may be a wash. As it stands, that doesn't seem outrageous. Of course value is in the eye of the beholder.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, that price sounds like it's in the ballpark. You might be able to do better online price wise but as Juke said shipping would probably wipe that out. I'd go for it if you can afford it.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  23. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    My Legacy Collection hologram Palpatine w/Mechno Chair arrived today - lovely sculpt on the figure but the Hasbro Copyright is engraved on the front of the chair?! Really stupid design flaw. Overall quite nice though :)

And fingers crossed my copy of Shadows of the Empire will arrive tomorrow also!

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Book or comic? Both are good...

25. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Book! I owned it many years ago and let an old friend borrow it - never to be seen again...

Reading the Bane trilogy at the moment but really want to read SotE again when I'm done :)