main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Pickups since Force Friday: (most items sold on Ebay).
    A bunch of RO figures on clearance in the $1-$2 range at Target, Wal-Mart and Meijer. Figures such as Stormtroopers, Rebel Troopers and Ground Crew. A few Tie Strikers (3) and U-wings(4). One U-Wing ran up for an all time record of $0.1 cent!!!
    A bunch of Jedha Revolts, Kanan as Stormtrooper,Jyn as Ground Crew, Bodhi Rook, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, Hascon exclusive Captain Rex 6", BS Snowtrooper, Saga Legends 501st trooper, RO Stormtrooper (4), Saga Legends Both Han $1!, TFA Assault Walkers (3), POTF A-wing and TMP Opee from Toms Vintage toys, SE '96 Vader stand (Pepsi) from thrift shop, 6"Gen. Leia, 6" Praetorian Guard, 6" Maz, CW ARC-170 fighter from closing K-Mart, Moroff and Pao 2 packs (4), Stormtrooper Mask $1.50, BS Luke, Executioner trooper, Praetorian guard, atleast 15 boxes of Cinnamon toast crunch/Honey nut Cherios for TLJ spoons (still need Chewbacca!!!), TLJ 3rd wave DJ(2), General Leia (3), and Rey, Rebels Hera A-wing, TLJ Jedi Exile Luke(2), TLJ tins from the theatre(3), 6"Snoke and Jaina Solo, vintage figures Ottoman $7.49, Rathtar $5, RO Cassien Andor $1, BS Shoretrooper, Forces of Destiny Leia w/R2d2, Imperial Probe droid(4), BS Imperial AT-ST (6)$15. Plus what I got on EBay/Shows- will list soon.

2. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Bought this, funny book
    [​IMG]

And also Star Wars 25 (Brazil comic, with SW, Poe and Alpha) and Phasma 1 (comes with P 1 and 2) comics

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Stopped by the bookstore after work and picked up Captain Cassian and Jyn Erso Wobblers. Never owned any Bobble- Heads before, but these were on clearance for $2.50 apiece. They look pretty cool. :)

Also, finally bought a copy of Lost Stars by Claudia Gray in hardcover. So excited to read this book!

4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Bought the Luke Skywalker electronic lightsaber bladebuilder today. Been needing that one.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Picked up a new Star Wars water bottle for work (The Last Jedi characters), a BB-8 Pez dispenser, and one of those little mystery bobble-head boxes - got Poe.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got a furry stuffed Chewie at Goodwill last night. I think he's smaller than the other one I have. Hopefully my puppy doesn't unearth it and think it's a new chew toy for her.

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    My Walmart has all the Black Series figures marked down. The 6inch for $5.00 and the 3 3/4inch for $4.00. I picked up Luke and Hera.

[​IMG]

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Found Luke Skywalker Might Mugg at the local Sainsburys supermarket this morning.

9. Scavenger Rey

Scavenger Rey Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    I'd been casually checking around for the Black Series 6" Hera for both myself and a friend for a few weeks now, to no avail aside from seeing her once in Sainsburys for almost £30 and deciding quite easily against it. Then, I checked Toys R Us and found two, which they were willing to price match to a nearby store selling the 6" Black Series figures (but no Heras) for £15 each - pretty good result for here!

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought Insider #178 earlier today.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got TLJ 3 3/4" Achoo Luke (whatever the island's name is), Rose, and Paige figures.

12. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Went to a comic convention in Kansas City (and visited Tabletop Game Store and a Half Price Books) and came home with these beauties (and a signed print by Dave Dorman)

[​IMG]

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got my Hasbro order yesterday - got Forces of Destiny Luke/Yoda and Chewbacca and Mighty Muggs Leia. I like the Leia but I'm not sure that I need more of them.

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Picked up the Rose, BB-8, and B.B.-9E figure pack and got the latest Star Wars Insider in the Mail today. Also ordered a booster pack of the Star Wars Destiny game.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  15. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  17. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I went shopping at Target and came away empty handed as the selection was mediocre and nothing was on sale at all.
    I keep hearing about all of these items on clearance or Black Series figures selling for less than $5, but where I live, everything is marked at full price and it's a lot of the same SW figures over and over.

The only thing that kinda caught my attention was a Soundwave Transformers figure.

Where are the sales I keep hearing about?

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They're at Walmart, not Target. I'm assuming mine are all picked clean, I have huge numbers of SW collectors where I live.

whostheBossk and Dagobahsystem like this.
  19. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Ordered a Black Series Kanan. I regretted not buying one when it was released and haven't seen one for several months. I noticed one on Amazon for a reasonable price and decided to pull the trigger. Will take a couple of weeks for delivery.

Dagobahsystem and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My President's day sale goodies from ShopDisney came today. Everything was on sale then I had a code for 25% off on top of that plus free shipping - made for a lot of stuff at a good price. I also got a The Last Jedi shopping bag, which I thought would be small (the ones from TFA and Rogue One were small) but no, it was enormous the Ren side was lenticular and the Resistance side was not. My sister hung it on a hook way far over my closet, so no photos. I picked up some stormtrooper party lights (been wanting some SW party lights for eons), Dorbz Luke and Leia, The Last Jedi 3 3/4" Island, Luke and Rey, Toybox Rey, and Forces of Destiny Princess Leia Premium Elite figure.

[​IMG]

Also got from ebay 4 vinylmation The Last Jedi figures - Rey, Luke, Leia, and Rose.

[​IMG]

21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Black Series Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)

This is the first Black Series I've received.
    Very cool figure; hope to collect more characters in this line.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of the 6” black series, I just ordered...

- Supreme Leader Snoke
    - Qui-Gon Jinn
    - Lando Calrissian
    - Poe Dameron (X-Wing Pilot)
    - Jaina Solo
    - DJ
    - Rose Tico
    - Boba Fett (Prototype armour)

23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones finding a lot of the 3.75 on clearance at Wal-Mart. I needed some good sales not just for my collection, but I'm going to be at my first toy show this weekend as a seller!! I don't plan on doing it full time but it will fun to talk Star Wars with fellow collectors and help them obtain the figures they want.

24. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    @whostheBossk rock on! I absolutely love going to toy shows. Not just seeing all of the great stuff under one roof, but meeting and talking w/fellow collectors. It's the main reason I try to visit the many local toy shops. I love eBay, and the prices you find there are often better than those @ toy shows and shops, but the trade off is that you miss that human interaction.

Good luck!

whostheBossk and Dagobahsystem like this.
  25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    That's cool some of you are finding sales. Most everything is full price here. All of the 3.75" for sure.
    I did see one Finn, one Cassian and several Jyn Black Series on clearance at Walmart.

In other collecting news, I picked up a 1980 First Edition paperback copy of The Empire Strikes Back today for under three dollars. Hope to find ROTJ someday.