main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Had a light but productive shopping trip to a nearby mall! Picked these up for my Star Wars pop collection!

[​IMG]

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Many unbelievable deals out there right now. This takes the cake for sure, congrats! I nabbed a BB8 playset (Okay three) for $45, Tie Silencer $13, Tie Fighter $4, A wing $7, Ski Speeder $9 and a few others on clearance as well. Add in all the new figures...What a great time for toy runs!

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Didn't find any great deals myself but did pick up the new Chewie figure and the Lando - Kessel Guard 2 pack.

4. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Hasbro toy shop order showed up a lot earlier than I expected! VERY happy with both Lando's. They look great![​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady just brought issue #180 of Insider.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    When I goto Solo next weekend I bought 2 really cool retro looking beer glasses that I'll pick up at our cool dining theater. (You can buy hot meals and alcohol.)

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I bought Obi-Wan Kenobi (slashing attack) from the RotS line on eBay. Man, I love the packagaing. The new packaging artwork is gorgeous, but the back of the card leaves a lot to be desired. I wish they’d advertise other figures in the line and a description of the character instead of the multiple languages for warning they have now.

I’m going to start collecting from the old lines, at least from The Phantom Menace onward. It’ll be cool to have the old and new stuff to collect.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    got a 3.75 Qu'ra fig, probably the only real Solo-branded thing I'll definitely end up getting. If only just to have an Emille Clarke action figure.

And I also grabbed a Snoke Vingate Collection, maybe 2 times the price of the regular one but it's basically all about the retro box for this one which I'll keep in

[​IMG]

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ticket to see Solo at a morning showing today and then I found SW: The Rebel Files in the local Waterstones afterward. Wanted to get the soundtrack, etc but they aren't out til tomorrow so I'll look for those on the next trip to town.

Dagobahsystem and whostheBossk like this.
  10. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Saw Solo last night. SO AMAZING!! See it! I’ll be seeing it again tonight!

Also picked up the Solo soundtrack, the Solo Official Guide, Star Wars Most Wanted novel and Mighty Chewbacca in the Forest of Fear novel!

11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Saw Solo last night as well! I'm ALSO going again tonight! I loved it. Can't wait to collect more for it and see it multiple times!

12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Picked up my first mystery mini figure today. I've been interested in these for a while but I hadn't got any because they were the same price as regular full size pops. Sainsburys was clearing out their SW items though so I nabbed one on clearance. It turned out to be a Snaggletooth. Definitely not who I expected to get but I like it.

Also ordered a Commander Cody Pop so I'm looking forward to him arriving soon. He looks really detailed in the pictures I've seen of him.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Dagobahsystem likes this.
  13. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Picked up a Dryden Vos pop today! Had to after the film.

14. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Snagged a Black Series Dewback/Sandtrooper @ Wal-Mart today. $60 is a tad too much IMO, but whattayagonnado?

15. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Bought Obi-Wan Kenobi (CW#40) from The Clone Wars and Jar Jar Binks from the Movie Heroes 2012 line figures at a toy store in my local mall.

And my Walmart FINALLY got the new Black Series wave in. Picked up Lando and the Range Trooper. Already got Han from Amazon, and got the Death Squad Commander from the 40th line, so just need the Jawa and Tarkin.

16. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Cotton Solo jacket from Hot Topic. Bought the comm piece separately from Magnoli.
    [​IMG]

17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Bought Grand Moff Tarkin 6" black series from Walmart today! Was very excited to see him.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    They must be starting to hit Wal-Marts because I also grabbed a "6 Black Series Tarkin today. Very good likeness, nice added value w/the interrogator droid and Wal-Mart (Or @ least mine) has their BS figs priced @ $17.97.

19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yes! TBS at 17.97 is a damn good deal. Scored my Tarkin for the same. They had two Han's and a Lando left. Might even go back and get one of each to keep boxed, having already opened them. I'm just so impressed with this batch of figures. Articulation is excellent and those likenesses? Hot damn. They're so photogenic too.

Dagobahsystem and Juke Skywalker like this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Picked up the Solo soundtrack in town today. I was also after the book tie-ins but came up empty on them so that will be the next Amazon UK order.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Picked up a Black Series C-3PO and a Solo special edition People magazine last night.

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up a rare thrift store find- a POTF X-Wing, U-wing at Wal-Mart for $5 and BS 3.75 Ackbar and Lando for a buck a piece.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, that new tech they're using for the faces is excellent. Tarkin is a dead-on Peter Cushing. You compare those early BS figs from '13 w/the ones coming out now and the contrast is striking. I really don't wanna buy another ANH Han or the various Lukes, but I wouldn't mind re-releases of those particular figs w/new face sculpts.

Nice! I hit Goodwill this morning and... nothin'. I never have luck w/toys @ thrift stores.

24. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I think it's safe to say that my spark has been re-ignited and I'm back in the swing of things! Some awesome pick ups today, mostly from target. I just had this nagging thought that target would have something cool, and lo-and-behold...

[​IMG]

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got my Hasbro order today. I got:

Forces of Destiny Ahsoka and Padme
    3 3/4" Qi'Ra figure
    12" Qi'Ra and Han Solo
    Han Solo and his street speeder.