main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I can finally go GROCERY shopping!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The Strike is over... I don't know if Mystix dad got the short end of the stick but I am happy I can walk to the end of the parking lot at my apartment and get grub again!

Today, managers at Vons, Albertsons and Ralphs will start calling back some of the 59,000 employees idled during the 4½ -month work stoppage. By the end of the week, managers at the chains ? which reportedly lost as much as $2.5 billion during the strike ? hope to have most of their operations back to normal.

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    me too! i can go back to Vons, although now i am getting to know the Ralphs layout pretty well (even through Ralphs was part of the strike/lockout, after a few weeks they stopped picketing at Ralphs in order to try to get Ralphs to come to the table).

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm just glad that the grocery stores near me had normal picketers, and not the psychos I saw on tv assaulting people and their cars. I saw some of them actually yelling at people who had their little kids with them while they were trying to shop there. They just yelled at the whole family and followed them to their cars. Even when the parents asked them to back off because their kids were scared. One guy got really mad because of the language that was used around his kid. It totally freaked me out.

4. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    See now those people went too far. I walked the line with my friend's dad. We were always nice to people and asked them not to shop there next time.

5. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Yaaaaaay! Now you can purchase Ramen like meee!! Does anyone know the specifics of the settlement?

6. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I am still hunting for all the details. I have a friend who will have all the info for me on Wednesday from her dad.

7. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Wow...Im outta the loop. didnt even know there was a strike going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.