main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I Can Wait Forever 2/3 replies up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alian_Invader, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alian_Invader

Alian_Invader Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2004
    The insistent beeping of his wrist-chrono dragged Jedi Master Kyp Durron up from the depths of his Healing trance. Kyp wasn?t injured, but as with many Jedi, he preferred the trance to long hours of boredom that hyperspace travel almost always entailed. Stretching out with his senses, Kyp smiled slightly when he connected with a familiar presence in the Force, Jaina Solo. It amazed him that even from such a distance, half an hour in realspace from her convoy, he knew she was unhappy. No, he corrected himself. Unhappy didn?t begin to cover the dark swirling tidal waves rippling outward in Force from the young woman.

What happened in the few months he?d been gone? Their parting had been good natured. Once it was announced that Twin Suns squadron was being decommissioned, the veteran pilots were cannibalized to fill out Rogue Squadron?s roster. One by one the pilots of his Dozen had been seduced away to fill empty slots in the other permanent squadrons of the Galactic Alliance. Jaina was offered her pick of any number of squadron slots or commands. As for Kyp, it was a relief to be free of commanding a squadron.

Dealing with people day after day was not one of Kyp?s strong suits, but he?d tolerated it for the sake of fighting the war. With the war in a final clean-up stage, Kyp knew who he was and what he had to do? First and foremost he was a Jedi Master, one with a counsel seat that had gone empty for far too often. So, he?d gone to Mon Calamari to meet with Cal Omas and the Council.

With time to meditate, Kyp had recharged his physical and mental reserves. Spending time with other Jedi brought home the terrible losses the Jedi Order had suffered at the hands of the Vong. Nearly half the galaxies? Jedi were dead. Some had been Kyp?s friends; one had been Kyp?s first and only apprentice. The Force felt smaller for their loss. It was this hollowness of the Force called to him during his meditations and pulled him to search for new Jedi candidates.

The war?s upheaval of the galaxy?s billions of people might work to the advantage of the Jedi. There were many refugee camps filled with the homeless. Peoples from every corner of the galaxy were all brought together, which made them good places for a search for Force sensitives. Kyp?s proposal to the Council was met with unanimous approval. In fact, it was decided that teams of Jedi could be sent out to survey the various camps, under the guise of humanitarian aid, and search for potential new Jedi.

The Jedi Master was talking and the other Jedi were listening, and treating him not as a Rogue Jedi to be feared, but as a respected Master. It was refreshing not to have to yell to be heard, and fight for every inch of ground. He?d had several long and surprisingly civil conversations with Luke Skywalker. Mara Jade Skywalker had even seemed less hostile toward him, but he knew that wouldn?t last long. For the first time in his life, Kyp felt as if pieces were falling into place in his life. He was even making slow progress in the Jaina Solo department.

Stretching more of his Force sense out to Jaina, Kyp sent her the Force equivalent of a warm, reassuring hug. What he got back in return was a jolt of surprise, followed quickly by the sense of the young Jedi reining in all of her emotions and locking them way from him. It was akin to someone opening a door to find you on the other side and slamming the door in your face. The pain of it surprised him, like an unexpected kick to the gut.

Jaina must have sensed an echo of his hurt because she reached out now, the momentary surprise passed. She slowly opened a bit of herself to him, and Kyp found himself wishing that she hadn?t. The realization that she?d caused him pain, even unintentionally, made her curious about why it had hurt him. A curious Jaina was not always a good thing. There were things it was better she didn?t think too much about. Subtlety was never one of his strong points, and as always when he dealt with Jaina, weak points were something she seemed to instinctively find and use against her them

2. Alian_Invader

Nov 11, 2004
    Oh where oh where are all the k/j people??? Come out come out I have cookies for you...

heh heh heh

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    PLEASE tell me you're continuing this!!! :D I love it!

Dana

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Where is the cookie? :D Want one

Nice post
    More soon?

Mag

5. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Oooh! Pretty K/J!

Poor Kyppie.. he needs a hug.
    [/Kyp fangirlness]

Very nice beginning, I'm reading!

6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I agree with Dana--we need reassurance that you'll continue this.

Incredible beginning; I loved seeing Kyp's introspective side! [face_love]

Is it too soon to ask for more?

7. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    This seems very interesting. Can't wait for more!

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Definitely a great start, very much hoping you will continue this.

~~Jilly

9. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    ooooooh, I LOVE it!

Poor Kyppie is always the one in anguish.....

Let Jaina suffer for a while! ;)

I hope you're gonna continue this because I'm hanging around!

10. Alian_Invader

Nov 11, 2004
    Call me a bad person, but I really wanna make Jaina cry.

Hee hee

As for the cookies, I'm afraid that they'll have to wait until I get back from Los Angeles on Sunday. Maybe I will post one more story part tonight before I go to bed, and if not it will be monday for sure, so look for it.

Alian_InVader heh heh heh the evil one.

11. Alian_Invader

Nov 11, 2004
    Part Two

When Kyp landed, he checked with the duty officer for his room assignment and was surprised to find Jaina waiting outside his quarters. Force help me...

?Goddess?? Kyp sighed, stepping around her to open his door, not knowing what else to do or what to say. She followed him inside and stood in the doorway blocking any chance of a quick exit.
    As it turned out, Kyp didn?t have time to say anything, Jaina had plenty to say.

?Sithspit, Kyp! That was two lifetimes ago? and I? I shouldn?t have taken it so? personally. It?s still your fault because you where flirting with me, but we?ve come a long way since then, so let just forget it ever happened.?

Kyp looked into the beautiful face that had become so familiar over the months they?d fought side by side and frowned. ?I never meant to hurt you.? The next thing Kyp knew, she was hugging him fiercely around his ribs. With the difference in their heights, her head rested over his heart, and his chin rested on the top of her head. It was pure pleasure to wrap the young Jedi in his arms and stroke her dark, silky hair.

?I?ve missed you,? she said, barely above a whisper.

Kyp was sure the surprise he felt was on his face as well as in his Force sense. ?Must have had a bad couple of months to be missing me, Goddess,? he quipped.

Jaina swatted his arm lightly. ?I?m trying to be serious. I have missed you, you big dumb?? She waved a hand around searching for the right word, ?male.?

Her glare didn?t have much power in it, but her words started him chuckling softly. ?I?ve missed you, too, Goddess.?

?Why didn?t you warn me you were coming back? Did you decide to accept an offer for a squadron??

Kyp took a deep breath and let it out slowly, ?I?m a Jedi Master, and as your Aunt Mara was kind enough to point out several times in the last two and a half months, I ought to be doing Jedi Master stuff now that the war is ending, or what good am I?? He took Jaina?s hand and led her over to his bed, motioned for her to sit. Taking a place beside her on the hard, narrow mattress, Kyp realized he still had her hand and let go. ?I came back to ask you for a favor.? He felt uncomfortable asking for something this big, but he didn?t have a choice. She was the only person on his list who was still alive. ?It didn?t seem right to make a holonet call??

?Whatever I can do, Kyp... I will.? Jaina?s automatic support surprised them both.

?Unh uh, Goddess, you shouldn?t agree to anything until you hear the details.? Kyp took another deep breath. ?I?m going on a mission, to find new Jedi potentials, and I may be gone for a long time. I can?t leave my seat on the counsel vacant for that long, but I don?t want to give it up permanently. So, I talked to Cal Omas and your uncle Luke, and they suggested I find a Jedi willing to stand in for me, someone I know will be able to handle anything that may come up in my absence.? Kyp brought a hand up under Jaina?s chin, cupping the side of her face and lifting her eyes to meet his. ?I trust you, Jaina. More than I trust anyone.? The word trust could very easily have been replaced by the word love and both statements would still be purely the truth.

?You want me to fill in for you? On the Counsel?? Jaina looked puzzled, but she didn?t pull away from his touch.

?You?d have to take a leave of absence? I could be gone six months or more? but I?m sure that General Antilles would understand. I don?t see why he wouldn?t grant a leave, even an indefinite one.? Jaina?s hand covered his mouth, effectively stopping the flow of his babbling.

Looking pained, she whispered, ?I resigned my commission this morning.?

?What?? Kyp gaped. ?Why would you do that? You?re a good commander, better than good. An asset to?? Her hand covered his mouth, again.

?I?m a Jedi, and I guess it?s time I started acting more like one.?

The statement was a mirror of his own, and then it hit him??Your Uncle Luke was a Rogue, and although I don?t like him most of the time, Corran Horn manages to be a pilot and a Jedi.

12. Alian_Invader

Nov 11, 2004
    Hey look! It's Monday and I posted like I promised!

Alian_Invader

13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I read this last night just before my timer kicked in and turned my connection off, but I wanted to reply then . . . Anyway, I liked it. :) If you need a beta, lemme know. :D

Dana

14. General_Karrde

General_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    Kyp was stunned speechless. He was sure he looked like one of the huge fish he had seen in a Mon Cal aquarium with his mouth hanging open. ?Whoa?? he squawked, and cleared his throat and tried again,

[face_laugh] Lol! That was a great description!

I will follow this story for sure Alian_Invader!

=D=

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That was great, Alian_Invader! That last little bit between the passer-bys was priceless!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

16. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    ohh... I loved that one

Mag

More soon?

17. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Tee hee hee.

Excellent postie.

18. Alian_Invader

Nov 11, 2004
    Hmmmm

Didn't those two pilots who happened to be passing by seem a bit familiar? They aren't my only cameo.

Alian_Invader

19. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I read this last night, but I only got to reply now, so...

Excellent stuff so far. :D I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Poor Jaina :p

20. General_Karrde

Sep 14, 2004
    I am looking for some more....

21. General_Karrde

Sep 14, 2004
  22. General_Karrde

Sep 14, 2004
    [face_chicken] Happy Thanksgiving! [face_chicken]

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I think I noticed this story before, but I didn?t have the chance to read it. Now that it?s American Thanksgiving and everything?s so quiet on the JC and on IM today, I snuck in a read.

Very good work so far! UST! :D It makes sense they?d find potential Jedi at the refugee camps. I never thought of that plotline before. I?ll be patiently waiting for the next post! :)

Ams [face_love]

24. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Whee! Mush. Hehe. Loved it. :D More yes?

~~Jilly

25. Alian_Invader

Nov 11, 2004
    More, YES!

I have the flu, so bear with me if the posts are sporadic and seem like I'm in a drug haze.

I love ya'll for the feedback, it's better than turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes.

Alian_Invader

PS What is the UP thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.