main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'I cannot live without BOOKS...' (Thomas Jefferson) the bibliophiles thread.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthBreezy, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Do you collect a certain type of Star wars book? Hard back or Comic? NJO? All EU or Art books?

I've found that over the years (the last few months especially) my library has has exploded...

Myself, I've been picking up the Dark Horse 'Republic' (rich and dark) and many of the wonderful 'Art of' books (Art of Attack of the Clones, Incredible Cross Sections, and the beautiful 'Illustrated Star Wars Universe' with the works of Ralph McQuarrie... There are a couple of them that have elluded me so far (that gorgeous 150$ Art of Star Wars and the recent "Worlds of Attack of the Clones" are on my aquisiions list...)

What about you? What Kind and Where?

(I'm a sucker for Half Price Books and second hand shops myself... more book for the buck!)

[face_love]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I collect them all...though I have only gotten into the comics and graphic novels since AOTC, and then I have concentrated on those comics dealing with the Fetts and the other hunters. I get all the novels, and recently got the full set of the 'Galaxy of Fear' books. I have the 'Worlds of AOTC' book (pretty nice) and also 'Star Wars: The Art of Dave Dorman' (real nice!).
    I think your topic crosses boards though - this is a Collecting board, but most of the book and comic topics are on the EU/Literature board. You might want to post over there to get some more responses.

3. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Let me see I collect mostly paper back except for 2 in the NJO and Episode I and II. Hard cover books are to expensive. I have all 3 Star Wars cook books, all the visual dictionarys, a couple large paper backs, and a bunch of collecting books.

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    There has been a thread on this before.

And, we have a whole board, the literature board for this topic.

LOCK EM UP ;)

5. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Be nice MF, I don't think we have a thread on "collecting" SW books ;) :D

BTW, I have a ton of SW novels myself, both hardcover & paperback :D I Love SW novels ;)

I also have that Steve Sansweet SW collecting book :D

6. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I am SURE we have started a books thread here. I remember it.

7. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    MF, There is a thread asking which SW Collecting book is the best for prices on SW Toys & Collectibles ;)

We Do Not have a thread on people Collecting SW Novels & all other SW books such as Essential Guides to ships, characters, etc :D

8. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I see no problem with one book thread, and since this one seems to cover all books we shouldn't need any another threads here in Collecting on books in the future.

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Now that That's outta the way! (Cheers Mr. Neck! :p )

I haven't heard of the other artist book... *adds mental note for her collection*

I'd really like to hear about the nice hardbacks especially... not the lit per say but the ones that describe the 'ins and outs' of GL and the Star Wars universe...
    One of the more intersting books in my collection is called "Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas". It's not a role playing source book as you might think but and odd collection of things like letters (there's one from a 'law firm' about a lost shipment of cargo if memorey serves and a letter from a Bith)....

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I recently found Steve Sansweet's 'Star Wars Encyclopedia' (hardcover, 1998) for half-price at Forbidden Planet in London - very nice! I also found the Dorman art book there, though I know that is on Amazon as well.

11. Leia_Fanatic

Leia_Fanatic Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    For Star Wars I collect all the books except for the young readers series.

For Star Trek I collect TOS and TNG books and manuals.

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I know there's the 'master replicas' or what not book.. the one with the figure included (I scored the 3PO one for 10$ on clearance) but I also recall that they put out that gorgeous "Doug Chang" silver boxed edition for Menace... not being a big fan of it I didn't get it but if they had one for Clones or the OT I'd be SOOOOOOOOO on it!

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have the Aurra Sing Masterpiece Edition, but I got it for the 'Dawn of the Bounty Hunters' book. If you are a Fett fan or a bounty hunter fan it is well worth the money.
    It tells of the development of all the characters, costumes, and ships. Obviously it came out well before AOTC so Jango and Zam are not in it. I was lucky enough to get mine half-price online, though I occcasionally see the others at Forbidden Planet.

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I collect the books as they come out, but I'm always looking for the older hardcovers. Some of the used book stores have them every now and then.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I collect/Read all the Star Wars books. I also collect all the books regarding collecting, and the "making of" Star Wars, and all the "Essential Guides", basically anything about Star Wars I collect. :)

16. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    i have a good number of the paperback EU books. i like some, don't like some others. the "Art of Episode (insert number here)" are by far my favorite books, though. Steve Sansweet's "Action Figure Archive" is a must have. i'd like to get his encyclopedia, too, but i am hoping for an updated version and will wait a while before purchasing it. the Holy Grail for me is the "Chronicles" book that costs $150 (we're in the same boat here, drath Breezy). it has tons of amazing photos. and i still haven't found my grail yet. :( i'm going to try soon to find one on Ebay for a reasonable amount. and i almost always pick up the latest copy of Star Wars Insider magazine. i figure this thread could include a comment about books and periodicals, too. ;)

one that i missed when it came out but that i later found in the public library was the hardcover edition of the "Star Wars Technical Journal." it's kind of the pauper's version of the Chronicles book. good pics and some good info, too. it went for around $35 if my memory serves me correct. i've checked it out so many times i practically own it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.